Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 2:40:40 PM EDT
I have to take a "check your head" test for a job that I am trying to get.  A friend that works for the company said that I would be asked questions like "what color is your stool (poop)?",  "What is the most expensive thing you have ever stole?"  

He said the one he can really remember that he still to this day doesn't know what the answer they wanted to hear was, is about stealing a pen from a desk in the front office if you needed one for your job and forgetting to put it back and then realizing you had stolen it by taking it home.

What the heck it's a pen,  not a laptop or something, if it bothers someone that much take it back or pitch it out the car window.

What am I fixing to get into with this test.  I am a fairly ethical person,
If I can't lie to 'em, cheat 'em, or steal from 'em I don't want to work for 'em (joke)
really though,  Should I try prepare for this test or just let my conscience be my guide?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#1]
If this was your business and you were hiring someone, would you mind if they took home a $2 pen?  Could I do that to you in your house? What if every employee took a few pens each week. Would that bother you?

Where does one draw the line? I think you are best in being absolute that you would mail (and have done so in the past) the pen back to the front office unless it was clearly a promotional item with the company name on it.

Have you stopped beating your wife? Yes or no, you lose.

The reason we have ridges on gold coins is that people would chip a little bit off each coin they came across and eventually have a tidy sum of money for free. It's just a little bit and no one would care. But it does build up.

Play it really straight. I interview a lot of people and love to get them on the little things. It shows that their integrity is for sale.

The joke goes, "The millionaire asked the lady if she would go to bed with him for a million dollars? She replied of course. He then asked, how about $50. She indignantly replied, What do you think I am, a whore? He said, oh we have already determined that, now we are just negotiating price."

What's your price is what they are asking. Play it safe and straight. Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top