Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 7:25:00 PM EDT
I was out playing a community soccer game and I think I screwed my ankle all to hell. It happened in the first play but I kept playing because the pain wasn't too bad. It doesn't feel sprained or broken, but it feels like my ankle isn't sitting in joint completely. I still have good range of motion, but the front left part of where my leg connects to my foot feels like there's something displaced inside it. I tried bending it firmly to see if it would pop and get back to where it's supposed to be, hitting it with a closed fist didn't help either.

Any advice, aside from going to a doctor?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#1]
wrap in an ace bandage and raise it up for the night.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#4]
ive and elevation. 20 minutes on 20 minutes off. Do that the first 24 hours. It will help. If something isnt sitting right tomorrow then go have it x-rayed, chances are its just a good sprain though
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#5]
[note to self] Get medical advise via IM [/note to self]

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Ice it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Can I have your guns?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#8]
RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation)

If the swelling doesn't go down after a couple of days, go to the doc.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It isn't swollen as far as I can see. I have been doing RICE though...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

And some Ibuprofen, or other anti - inflammatory.

+1
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Stand on the ball of your injured foot with all your weight to see if the tendon will snap in place.

It's going to hurt like hell in the morning if this doesn't work.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Stand on the ball of your injured foot with all your weight to see if the tendon will snap in place.

It's going to hurt like hell in the morning if this doesn't work.

Didn't work. Hurt a bit though.....can't wait for tomorrow morning then
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Sit down. Put your feet out in front of you, in the air. Look at them both. Is there any puffiness on the upper portion or sides of your foot? Do your ankles look the same width from knob to knob? Is there any bleeding or bruising under the skin?

Might have crunched a ligament. Or stretched one a bit. It's even vaguely posible you chipped the end of your leg-bone.

Take an anti-inflammatory, some pain killer, hydrate and elevate it overnight.
If it's the same or worse in the morning, see a Dr for an x-ray.

/Not a Dr
/Didn't even stay in a Holiday Inn last night

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/rayra/nonsense/legcomboxray.jpg

You must have a quick link to that pic on your desktop.  How many times have you posted it in the last 30 days?  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/rayra/nonsense/legcomboxray.jpg

Sit down. Put your feet out in front of you, in the air. Look at them both. Is there any puffiness on the upper portion or sides of your foot? Do your ankles look the same width from knob to knob? Is there any bleeding or bruising under the skin?

Might have crunched a ligament. Or stretched one a bit. It's even vaguely posible you chipped the end of your leg-bone.

Take an anti-inflammatory, some pain killer, hydrate and elevate it overnight.
If it's the same or worse in the morning, see a Dr for an x-ray.

/Not a Dr
/Didn't even stay in a Holiday Inn last night

No bleeding or blood under the skin but now that I've really looked at it there is a bit of swelling...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Go rub one out.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Also got a good-sized burn from the dry grass while making a slide tackle.

This one I know how to deal with though. Neosporin and bandages daily till healed
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#18]
- Ice and  800-1000mg Ibruprofen every 6 hours to reduce imflammation and swelling.
- Stay off of it as much as possible.

You might want an xray of that though, could have ruptured a ligament, might need a cast or brace.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top