Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/9/2006 10:36:43 PM EDT
Before I leave heres the quick story...

My girlfriends roomate is dating some guy thats a real asshole. He just threatened to come down to their appartment and shoot them both. He's 23 and lives about an hour from them. I'm home from school so I'm packing up and heading down to stay with her until this all gets straightened out. They called the cops and they're at the apartment now. Apparently her roomate broke up with him and he is drunk. More than likely just empty threats but I'm not taking any chances. I'm going to stay for a few days and if need be, until I'm back up there till school starts. Hopefully he gets arrested but time will tell. I'm shook up and just want to get out there. Supposedly he was arrested a few years back for ripping people off on ebay, so I'm taking his threats seriously. My GF already told her roomie she's not allowed to stay after this years contract is up in May. Good riddance. I'll post more when I get a chance.

CMS
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:45:58 PM EDT
Too late for you to see this I'm guessing, but you'd do better to move the girls than to join them. If you have to blast the guy his/his family's attorney will say you went there with the intent to kill him rather than avoid him or move the girls to a safe place.

Just MHO.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:04:37 PM EDT
Good advice. You have her come to you, not the other way around. If she won't do it, then she isn't too bright and isn't serious about her safety or yours.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:14:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bfieldburt:
Good advice. You have her come to you, not the other way around. If she won't do it, then she isn't too bright and isn't serious about her safety or yours.

Im gonna have to jump on this bandwagon as well. Packing weapons and going there ready to fight. NOT GOOD. best she should leave.

1. They were threatened.
2. THEY STAYED!

They have to make any and all attempts to preserve their safety. Get your GF and her roommate to get a restraining order, then get what they need for defense purposes.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:25:22 PM EDT
Yup, good advice so far. Don't rush to them, trying to be their savior.

What's more than likely if things go badly is YOU'LL rot in jail....and your girlfriend's roomate will shack up with a whole string of abusive boyfriends (because that's her nature) while you play cocksocket to a 400lb black guy named "Tiny".

If you want to give her a place to be safe, fine, but don't play Bernie Goetz unless you like butt sex.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:41:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cms81586:
Supposedly he was arrested a few years back for ripping people off on ebay, so I'm taking his threats seriously.

why would that make you take it anymore, or anyless serious? he did something hideing behind a computer, and why if your g/f kicking her out, because of what someone else is doing?, that's not cool. Keep safe man.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:47:38 PM EDT

My girlfriends roomate is dating some guy thats a real asshole. He just threatened to come down to their appartment and shoot them both. He's 23 and lives about an hour from them. I'm home from school so I'm packing up and heading down to stay with her until this all gets straightened out. They called the cops and they're at the apartment now. Apparently her roomate broke up with him and he is drunk. More than likely just empty threats but I'm not taking any chances. I'm going to stay for a few days and if need be, until I'm back up there till school starts. Hopefully he gets arrested but time will tell. I'm shook up and just want to get out there. Supposedly he was arrested a few years back for ripping people off on ebay, so I'm taking his threats seriously. My GF already told her roomie she's not allowed to stay after this years contract is up in May. Good riddance. I'll post more when I get a chance.

CMS

?

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:26:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GoGop:
Too late for you to see this I'm guessing, but you'd do better to move the girls than to join them. If you have to blast the guy his/his family's attorney will say you went there with the intent to kill him rather than avoid him or move the girls to a safe place.

Just MHO.

Im gonna have to jump on this bandwagon as well. Packing weapons and going there ready to fight. NOT GOOD. best she should leave.

1. They were threatened.
2. THEY STAYED!

They have to make any and all attempts to preserve their safety. Get your GF and her roommate to get a restraining order, then get what they need for defense purposes.

Nice advice. Now are you going to pony up the money for them to rent a hotel room for however long it takes to get the situation cleared up? Or for the new security deposit, plus the amount if any that they would lose in breaking a lease early?

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:39:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Unicorn:

Just MHO.

1. They were threatened.
2. THEY STAYED!

Nice advice. Now are you going to pony up the money for them to rent a hotel room for however long it takes to get the situation cleared up? Or for the new security deposit, plus the amount if any that they would lose in breaking a lease early?

Ok,so you have a better plan? Great,lets hear it?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:47:45 AM EDT
let me write the ending to this story-

"the cops have my rifle and I won't get it back until the trial is over."

Knock off the drama and a)cut the GF loose or b)have her come to you.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:53:24 AM EDT
There is a clause in her lease to break it in the event of a public safety or police action. Tell her to get a note from the police that there is a viable threat, and that she should do everything in her power to protect herself , including move.... and Voila she is out of her lease.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:11:50 AM EDT
Hell I thought this was the beginning of a new Kid Rock song!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:41:41 AM EDT
Packing your AR as a defensive weapon is a bad choice. If you WERE to have to use it, you'll get wiped out in the subsequent civil suit. The family of the dead guy will hire an attorney who will portray you as a trigger happy, machine-gun toting psychopath who was just itching to kill someone. And the jury will believe him.

Using an AR for the defense of your home is one thing. You can make an argument that "it was the weapon I had available to defend my family". Taking your AR with the idea that you'd use it to defend someone else is setting yourself up if you do have to use it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:42:45 AM EDT

Just MHO.

100% right
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:10:44 AM EDT

Just MHO.

1. They were threatened.
2. THEY STAYED!

Did I EVER say "MOVE OUT?" Where did I EVER say anything that was a monetary burden to the two women? My EXACT words were:

best she should leave.

She doesnt have friends or family she can go to? She has a concerned BF that is willing to go to her, why cant she go to him? PLUS a restraining order doesnt cost a dime.

Is it an inconvenience? Yes, you bet.

But I sure would like to hear your solution other than tearing into mine.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:13:44 AM EDT
Take a throw down weapon.

Pump shotgun, or cheap pistol.

Come on guys, he's just going in hopes of a threesome.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:28:00 AM EDT
I think some of ya'll are over-reacting. Yes, moving the girlfriend is a better idea, but I don't think staying with your woman to protect her is the end of the world. They've already called the cops, so in the sheeple's minds they've done everything they need to do.

As for the AR, WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS BEFORE! No one has provided any evidence where the type of weapon used undermined the defense. In the odd chance it does go to court, he simply needs to say "This guy had a criminal record and I took his threats seriously. Therefore I brought along my most effective weapon."

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:53:34 AM EDT
I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate that this thread is not working out the way the author intended.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:00:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NoVaGator:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate that this thread is not working out the way the author intended.

+.9bar

He is making a mistake.

Did he expect us to ask where does she live I can take first watch with my AR with all my Tactical stuff attached.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:13:23 AM EDT
You may want to contact an attoryney and see if PA has a duty to retreat law.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:22:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cjk1:

CMS

?

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:39:15 AM EDT

Just MHO.

I said move the girls, and meant just that. Not all their belongs, and not permanently, just move them out of the danger zone.

If it was my girlfriend/wife who was in a spot like that I'd have told her (over the phone) to pack the most important items and start heading my way. If that was too far, I would have sent her to a hotel/motel for saftey. (If there were no friends near her that could put her up for bit).

No, we couldn't afford it, but I'll run up a credit card before I'll tell her to stay somewhere she might get killed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:44:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2006 10:45:33 AM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:12:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2006 8:13:17 PM EDT by cms81586]
Seems to be resolved. PD in his town picked him up (intoxicated) at his house. They said today when he sobered up that he claims it was a joke. Real fuckin funny. I'm came home today. Restraining order is on the way. To those of you who posted, I wasn't going out there with mall ninja dreams, just to try to protect her until the PD in his town did something about him. I aint in it for the drama and I'd have moved her but there is nowhere for her to go. And as for the comment about the police having my rifle, they could have had it if had meant protecting her. PD in the town her appartment is in were still there when I got there and left sometime in the early morning. I'm just glad nothing came of it.

Edit for shitty spelling.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:00:05 PM EDT

I'm just glad nothing came of it.

That's all we wanted too.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:18:04 AM EDT

Seems to be resolved. PD in his town picked him up (intoxicated) at his house. They said today when he sobered up that he claims it was a joke. Real fuckin funny. I'm came home today. Restraining order is on the way. To those of you who posted, I wasn't going out there with mall ninja dreams, just to try to protect her until the PD in his town did something about him. I aint in it for the drama and I'd have moved her but there is nowhere for her to go. And as for the comment about the police having my rifle, they could have had it if had meant protecting her. PD in the town her appartment is in were still there when I got there and left sometime in the early morning. I'm just glad nothing came of it.

Edit for shitty spelling.

heresy heresy blatant heresy. don't you realize that she doesn't matter, you have to go out in a blaze of glory, other wise your'e just a keyboard pansy around here.

Seriously though, unless it trip to the PD put the fear of god and booze in him, a restraining order won't either. Too often those aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

Common Sense and practicality need to factor in. It appears under control now. If things seem to start going down hill, their first response should be to get the hell out of Dodge and then meet you or the PD at a safe location.

I don't know where you are or what things are like, but like it or not, showing up with an AR is not going to win any publicity battles in most places. We love them here, most of the country doesn't. In criminal law situations, a good shoot is a good shoot, a bad shoot is a bad shoot, the kind of gun doesn't matter. In a civil trial, yeah, it might end up being a problem.

If they really can't move and there is a hint of a recurring episode, a shotgun may be their best friend, easy to train on, easy to use. A good pistol may even be better, but in most areas you can get a shottie immediately, pistols may take longer, (again, you know the area best) An AR is way down the list for them, primarily, you don't have the time to adequately train them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:24:18 AM EDT
+1 on have the police handle it and have her come to you
Top Top