Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2003 5:38:09 PM EDT
I was just turning on the surrouns sound system getting ready to fire up "Predator" when I came across a scene in that ridiculous show "Will and DisGrace".

The 2 "alternative lifestyle" men on the show were on a soccer team.  They were about to play a "heterosexual team" when the gay team captain says "Come on now, let's wipe the floor with those candy ass [i]breeders[/i]!"

Dammit, if a show EVER used a line like "those candy ass [fags, homosexuals, fudge-packers, etc] the media would come down on them like a tactical nuke.

I'm sick of that damn show advertising how wonderful it is to be gay and how gouche it is to be nornal.

Damn!  I'm ticked now!!  [:(!]

CMOS
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#1]
ohhhh man, i couldn't agree more. that show drives me ape shit. my GF watches that & trading spaces. just drives me fucking nuts.

one time on the show (will & discrace), the one peter puffer said: "c'mon, let's go down town & support our brothers in that anti-gun rally!"

i about had a heart attack.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Awww come on guys.. That show rocks.. I just watch it to see the very HOT Debra Messing!!
  I'll be the first to say.. I'd Hit it!!

So come on    [beer]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]
get over it
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#5]
So, was looking through the TV guide to see what might look interesting, saw something called Red Team on Showtime came on at 11 pm eastern.  So, it was about 20 minutes until.  Nothing on the other channels I had not seen a gazillion times before.  Now what did I see?  

Dildos waving around, and language and jokes that did not amuse me.  I mean, I am not usually offended by vulgar language, but this offended even me.

What was this show?  "Queer as Folk", a Showtime series.  Now, this is overboard.  WAY overboard.  Now I can't find the damn book that shows how to password/lock out certain channels on the cable box.  I haven't even come close to censoring the TV before, but this does not need to be seen by my kids.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't someone already post a thread about this sitcom?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd hit it!

[img]http://debra-messing.com/debra/will.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Will and Grace is a hoot.And actually makes fun of the "life style".But if you don't like just change the channel. Thank god for the History channel [Mail Call and Conquest]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd hit it!

[url]http://debra-messing.com/debra/will.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Damn, she's hot as hell!
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Grace is hot
but to call us "breeders" is going too far
I'm relatively tolerant of homosexuality, I figure what's done in private is none of my business, but they need to learn that without us "breeders" there are no people period
I went to SUNY at Buffalo and every year teh gay pride people would put all sorts of anti-straight statements on the sidewalks with chalk, and posters on walls.
if I had done that with anti-gay statements they'd have tracked me down and arrested me
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:01:11 PM EDT
[#11]
So, this has been a top-rated show for like three or four years, and you're just catching on that there are two gay characters on the show? Woof. Never seen an episode myself. Know why not? BECAUSE I HEARD ABOUT LAST MILLENIUM!

Some more news flashes for you:
Dewey DID NOT defeat Truman.
Rosie O'Donnell does not like guns.
Rock Hudson was gay.
Professional Wrestling is scripted.
You will not go blind from masturbating.
Elvis died on the shitter.
Ellen DeGeneres is gay. She was "married" to Anne Heche, who it turns out, is not gay. Maybe.
William Shatner wears a rug.
Johnny Carson retired.
Princess Diana died in a car crash.
Nobody shot J.R. - it was just a dream.
Your parents are the real Santa Claus, Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy.
Niners won. Sort of.
No general or colonel ever gave an NPR interview in which he told the female reporter that she had the necessary equipment to be a whore.
The Pope [b]is[/b] Catholic, but may or may not shit in the woods.
Superman fell off a horse and is paralyzed.

There's a lot more, but I'm sure you'll see it, eventually.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I dont watch TV
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Isn't crying when someone calls you a name something that liberals do?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#16]
The issue I have is the double standard.  Again, if anyone had used the phrase "candy ass fudge-packers (fags, homosexuals, etc)", they would be hung by a rope.

Why can they use slurs like that and us striaght people cannot?  That's the issue folks (for those of you who responded so brilliantly by saying "change the channel"...)

Remember, political correctness is just another name for censorship.

CMOS
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#17]
i have watched a couple episodes of that show.  i thought it was pretty funny.  not something i would set the vcr for but if nothing else is on i will watch it for a few laughs.  

and yes... id hit it! [:)] shes pretty hot.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was just turning on the surrouns sound system getting ready to fire up "Predator"
View Quote

"Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here! This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me!"
View Quote

Beat me to it!
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 4:40:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I personally think the show is funny as hell. We call em faggots so it's perfectly fair for them to call us breeders. I mean, are we all going to get offended because some bunch of "hair dresser-Americans" wants to try to redicule us for having the inclination to use our genitalia for what it was designed for? That's just funny to me. Also, it was in the context of "trash talk". A flamboyant gay man trying to sound tough and macho by using an epithet is kinda paradoxically amusing. The show is set in New York. Hardly ANYONE in Manhattan supports the RTKBA. Hardly anyone in the gay community, Pink Pistols not withstanding, supports the RTKBA. Will is a lawyer. Hardly any lawyers support the RTKBA. The show is just being accurate. Besides, Karen is the funniest tv character in decades. Nice rack too. I remeber the hullaballo regarding Uncle Jesse's comment at the beginning of Predator. It din't last long once "the community" realized how many buff guys took their shirts off in the movie.
Christ Rosie poked fun at herself on the show. Something I thought was impossible.
Jack: "I don't believe you that you're gay. Say something lesbian."
Rosie: "Home Depot"
Jack: "Ohmygawd! It's true! You ARE a lesbian!"
To me that was funny as hell.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 4:56:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:02:44 AM EDT
[#22]
It's a freaking TV show!

Turn the channel.

I find that show VERY funny.

Av.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:13:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Awww come on guys.. That show rocks.. I just watch it to see the very HOT Debra Messing!!

So come on    [beer]
View Quote

Yeah? That 'it' has no tits!

Tits are very important to me! I like my womenz with tits, thank you!

Tits are where it's at, if you ask me.

Eric The(BreastMan)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:16:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So come on    [beer]
View Quote

Yeah? That 'it' has no tits!

Tits are very important to me! I like my womenz with tits, thank you!

Tits are where it's at, if you ask me.

Eric The(BreastMan)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

The Hun's right.  Messing needs a boob job, and so does Sandra Bullock!
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:24:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm relatively tolerant of homosexuality, I figure what's done in private is none of my business, but they need to learn that without us "breeders" there are no people period.
View Quote

Cloning will change that.  Then, open season on "breeders."
Scott
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Well Eric the Hun 9 out of 10 Lesbians would agree.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top