Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2012 6:39:49 PM EDT
So this guy I went to HS with was convicted of felony murder for being the getaway driver in a robbery gone bad. This was of course about 25 years ago, he's my age, probably 42-43. I heard he got out a few years ago.

I have a co-worker who is a very young pretty girl 21-22 years old, and very sweet & nice. She appears to be getting into a relationship with him, based on stuff I've seen her post on facebook.

Obviously I know nothing much about their relationship, nor do I know if she knows about his past.

I'd hate to see her get hurt... Should I tell her?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Pictures first.  Advice later.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Pics not loading.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Step 1:
Go to clerk of courts office, obtain records of his conviction, and scan them into your computer.

Step 2:

Step 3:
Email scan of records to her

Step 4:
Post pics of her and your wife
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

She's not my wife or girlfriend, not gonna happen.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then you don't have a dog in this fight. Walk away and save yourself the headache now.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Then you don't have a dog in this fight. Walk away and save yourself the headache now.  

Or post pics.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Guess he's going back after kills you for blocking.

I guess it would depend on how close of a friend the coworker was. I tend to stay out of peoples personal life but if you feel you must say something do as the other poster said and get a fake gmail acct or facebook and send it and let her decide.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like OP might be a little jealous.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sounds like OP might be a little jealous.

Or concerned for a young girl who may not have the best radar.

OP is there something more you know about this guy?  Has he turned his life around or is he essentially still a low life scum?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#11]
ABSOLUTELY!!!!! It's called the decent thing to do. . You don't have to offer an opinion one way or the other but you owe it to her to at least give her a heads up. "Hey I don't want to get involved in your personal life but you should know that #$%#$% has been in some serious trouble in the past and has spent time in prison. I don't know anything about what he is like now but I'm looking out for you and thought you should know". You at least owe her a couple of sentences.

Maybe he's changed and is a great guy now, or maybe he hasn't and he is a POS. If she doesn't know about his past already than she deserves to know. Either he is being up front with her or he isn't. If this guy turns out to be dangerous and he ends up really hurting her like she gets raped or murdered, how would you feel about it? You would feel like shit for the rest of your life because you would know you could have warned her and you didn't.

I'm surprised by all the responses to the contrary. If the OP's info was that he had cheated on his wife in the past or something, then yeah he should mind his own business. But when we are talking about a potentially dangerous person there is no question about at least giving her a heads up.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#12]
21 year old dating a 41 year old is your sign. She's got the crazy best just myob here.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:13:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Step 1:
Go to clerk of courts office, obtain records of his conviction, and scan them into your computer.

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 4:
I would do something similar.  

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Old school FTW.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#15]
You don't spend 25 years in prison and come out normal. I don't care who says differently. Save her from a potential shiving and atleast give her a heads up.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:30:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are you stalking her on Facebook?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So being her fb friend is stalking? I'm fb friends with a lot of coworkers.

She's young and pretty, and reminds me of what it was like to be her age, and girl crazy, but I'm a happily married man, and am not trying to do anything other than do the right thing by a friend.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She's young and pretty, and reminds me of what it was like to be her age, and girl crazy, but I'm a happily married man, and am not trying to do anything other than do the right thing by a friend.

If you are really friends, then why not just tell her you know the guy and his past?  Then it's up to her....MYOB.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Can't save everybody dude.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then you don't need our opinion then, do you?

Or did you just come here to talk about a pretty 21 year-old chick and then refuse to post pics just to piss us off?

Look, just create a bogus email account and send her an anonymous email. If she's too stupid to look into it after that, fuck her, she deserves very bit of what may be coming.

Or maybe this guy will treat her like a goddamned queen after 25 years of nothing but prison sex? Either way, who cares, it's really not your concern...

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Since the guy has already proven that he's willing to participate in murder, I would RUN AWAY!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 4:

Wrong order. Step 4 should be first.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:44:48 PM EDT
[#23]
MYOFB, stop trying to play captain save a ho. They are both adults. And for the love of God stop cyber stalking her.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Pics not loading.

Yep.  OP needs to review forum rules.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow. I should have asked this in team.

Stay classy guys.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#26]
You're good for being concerned for her. I think you should just tell her
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Convicted murderer?  Yeah, I'd be dropping that tip ANONYMOUSLY under any circumstance.

This isn't how you want it to go down:

"I'm leaving you"

"Why?"

"I heard you spent 25 years in jail for murder"

"WHAT!?  Who told you that?"  

"My good friend Rugerlvr.  He's such a sweetie for looking out for me."

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#28]
She'll probably just like him even more.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:16:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

She'll probably just like him even more.

This, she had daddy issues so nothing you can say will help her.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:23:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I know this isn't what you want to hear but she knows this guy is trouble, that is why she is with him. Nothing you do or say is going to get her to stop seeing him.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#31]
If your really concerned tell her about your concerns and his past

then

MYOB

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:34:38 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Stay classy guys.

By my count, up to the point of your post above, the posters being helpful to rubbish ratio is non-team in the lead by 1. Go ahead and count. I attribute helpful posts to being on topic and answering your question. Rubbish posts are anything other than.  Maybe you should have posted it not at all.

As far as what I would do, I don't know. Seems like a tough choice.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#33]
If he murdered my former employer in Texas I would  be ok with it
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:11:02 PM EDT
[#34]
[thread]

yeah need pics of all. but maybe the guy found Jesus, and is awesome now. 25 years is a long time.  tell her? yeah, if you know for sure.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Stay classy guys.

Lets see. you're the creepy stalker guy monitoring HER facebook, you want to be a snitch and cock block HIM and you tell the posters in this thread to stay classy?

Mmmmkay!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:29:57 PM EDT
[#36]
She'll know all about it when he tells her in accordance with the mandatory murderer registration law...
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#37]
What the fuck is "PYT"?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What the fuck is "PYT"?

Pretty Young Thing

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the fuck is "PYT"?

Pretty Young Thing

Gotcha. Yeah, sounds like OP wants to shag her.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Convicted murderer?  Yeah, I'd be dropping that tip ANONYMOUSLY under any circumstance.

This isn't how you want it to go down:

"I'm leaving you"

"Why?"

"I heard you spent 25 years in jail for murder"

"WHAT!?  Who told you that?"  

"My good friend Rugerlvr.  He's such a sweetie for looking out for me."

That's how I see it going to. If you feel so compelled then anonymous is your friend. No trace of it could come back to you.

Who else at work knows this guys past? Are you the only one? If so STFU and stay out of it.

ETA- does he "use" jelly or syrup?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:50:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Stay classy guys.

By my count, up to the point of your post above, the posters being helpful to rubbish ratio is non-team in the lead by 1. Go ahead and count. I attribute helpful posts to being on topic and answering your question. Rubbish posts are anything other than.  Maybe you should have posted it not at all.

As far as what I would do, I don't know. Seems like a tough choice.

LMAO! You actually took the time to add it up.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:35:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'd tell her 50/50 chance she knows and believes some bs explanation he gave her.

She knows.  It turns her on...no explanation necessary.

She likes bad boys.  

Stay out of it.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#44]
I'd do the anonymous email thing and leave it at that. She should be informed if she hasn't been. If she still chooses a relationship that's her bed to lie in op.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd tell her 50/50 chance she knows and believes some bs explanation he gave her.

She knows.  It turns her on...no explanation necessary.

She likes bad boys.  

Stay out of it.

Yep. She knows exactly what he's done.
That's why she's boning him.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:47:32 AM EDT
[#46]

You want to fuck him over because he was a wheelman in a "robbery gone bad" (not premeditated murder) when he was about 17 or 18?

Nice guy.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:57:43 AM EDT
[#47]
myob
not your problem
let people be stupid
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:31:29 AM EDT
[#48]
If you're serious, just flat out fill her in.

If she thinks you're sticking your nose where it dosn't belong...it's kinda hard to be concerned for her welfare at that point anyhow.

upfront and outright, and don't apologize for trying to do the right thing. Ever.

JMO

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:46:57 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

LMAO! You actually took the time to add it up.

It's the little things that bug me. We're all on the same team here.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:47:10 AM EDT
[#50]
OP request
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top