I have a house that qualifies for free plumbing replacement due to a class action law suit lost by the manufacturer of the PTBE pipe. This was a $1billion settlement against Shell Oil.
CPRC is handling the claims.
Problem is CPRC are giving me the run around. I submitted info that that they told me was enough for a replumb. They then denied it. I submitted additional photos of leak repairs and they sat on it since Sep 06, 2005, and today told me they essentially threw it in a bucket (trash) because of some technicality, rather than acting on my claim.
1. Has anyone dealt with the CPRC?
2. Should I sue?
3. Does the State Attorney General have any interest in this?
4. Should I just say fcuk it and replumb it myself for $3000?
When I got "replumbed" several years ago they were very easy to work with. I do remember that there was a deadline on the free work and that was along time ago-things may have changed I havn't kept up with the issue.
The plastic pipe and connectors they used were definately defective-I've sold and worked with lots of pipe materials and that stuff was a joke-it leaked if you looked at it!
Before you sue, take some photos, document your leaks again, and contact them again. Also ask some Plumbers what process they've seen used recently.
Thanks, I have already talked to a plumber. I got the claim started before the deadline. How long from start to finish for your claim? Did they send out someone to look at it prior to approval?
Oh Boy, this must be 8 or 10 years ago...Lets see, yes they did send a guy who only had to take a quick look to see it was the correct offending stuff AND that it was leaking (that it was leaking was a stipulation!)
Funny thing was knowing that it HAD to be leaking to get fixed, I went into the attic with some various tools to "make it leak" and when I lifted the first line to do my deed it started leaking in my hand-the stuff was crap-simi rigid pipe/tube with a sqeezed on "clamp". I heard the pipe/tube/hose whatever it was would pop leaks in the middle not just at joints!!
And the process was major surgery for the house-lots of holes in walls etc, then repiped with copper and holes patched and textured and painted-but they did a good job, maybe 3 weeks total.