Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2001 8:22:37 AM EDT
My wife's an officer in my son's school PTA and last night they had their meeting at Don Jose's, which is a semi trendy Mexican food chain.

Not being one to pass up a free meal, I agreed to go when my wife offered.  I'm thinking "Great, I'll suck down a combo plate and sneak out in twenty minutes."  After all, PTA moms? I had vivid images of men bashing, gun bashing, soccer moms.

I was in for a surprise.

A few of them showed up with husbands in tow, two of which ride dirt bikes and shoot, and one of the moms who came solo shoots also.

Intro's and meeting notes were dispensed within the first half an hour, then the margaritas and rum and cokes started coming. By the time another 45 minutes passed, we were getting dirty looks from other tables and had a waitress come and ask us to hold it down.

Best of all, two of the PTA officers agreed to go shootin with me and the wife in the near future.  I guess all isn't lost in Kali's liberal education system.    
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#1]
What a great way to spend PTA funds! I'm sure your children will reap great benefits from this very important meeting![;D]

(p.s. how do you get to be an officer in the PTA anyways?)[}:D]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:28:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Best of all, two of the PTA officers agreed to go shootin with me and the wife in the near future.  I guess all isn't lost in Kali's liberal education system.    
View Quote

Great work DesertRider.  We all need to make it a personal goal to work towards turning things around in the USA & doing it one person at a time, just like you're doing it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:28:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:39:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
LOL! That's great! We have a PTA meeting coming up in a few weeks. I've already met some of the parents at my kids birthday parties and they seemed okay. It's a private school so at least we have that in common.
View Quote

The PTA convention for this school year will be held in LA this year and my wife will be attending along with another officer whose husband shoots.

Ponyboy,

PTA officer-dom is a great honor bestowed upon a member only after having shown the ability to beer bong a case of Old English 800 before volunteering to drive the school bus to a field trip up to Big Bear Lake, at night, in the rain, with black ice on the road.

My honey's got what it takes, and I'm proud of her too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:41:08 AM EDT
[#5]
[b]"My wife's an officer in my son's school PTA"[/b]
Hopefully not an ex-officer anytime soon.....

If word gets out to the liberal education system and other liberal parents about the PTA Officer's evil, sub-human extracaricular activities....  I can here it know "we can't allow these adults to be in a position that may affect the children"

Glad you had a good time (I'm sure you didn't expect that - I know I wouldn't) and meet some other real people.  
Anyone who rides dirtbikes can't be all that bad since that is another politically incorrect thing to do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top