Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2005 11:30:38 PM EDT
PSU BEATS OSU 17-10!

WHAT NOW? 6-0! THE VALLEY IS HAPPY AGAIN!

SUCKS TO BE YOU, OSU!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
NO COMMENTS? THAT'S RIGHT, PSU HAS YOU OSU LOVERS SILENCED!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:58:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Go Lions

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:00:35 AM EDT
[#3]
OSU fans talk a lot of shit, so I was glad to see PSU win!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:00:35 AM EDT
[#4]
The sound of a National Championship fleeing from Columbus Ohio...

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:02:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
NO COMMENTS? THAT'S RIGHT, PSU HAS YOU OSU LOVERS SILENCED!

OMGWTFBBQ! ROQING! I JUST DRILLED A HOLE IN
THE J0EPA STATUE AND HAD HOT MANSECX WITH
IT. PSU! WOOOOOOOO!!1!!1shift1

You posted at 3:30am and waited 19 minutes for a
reply. Sober up, spanky.

Good game, BTW.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

reply. Sober up, spanky.

Good game, BTW.

Nobody in the Happy Valley was sober last night. Wish I'd been there.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Pfft... You state school kids and your "school pride."

- BG
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#8]
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:30:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I am happy for PSU, the last time they look this good was 1994

HOWEVER, I have to call bullshit on Joe-Pa

ESPN Reporter: "Is it safe to say that Penn State is back?"
Joe-Pa: "We were never gone"

Maybe he's just senile and forgot that Penn State went 3-13 in the Big Ten in the last two seasons
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I wish I had been at The Skeller or at Zeno's last night! I'm sure the party at Happy Valley was off the hook! I went to Penn State and try to make it to homecoming but couldnt find a hotel room this year.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

reply. Sober up, spanky.

Good game, BTW.

Nobody in the Happy Valley was sober last night. Wish I'd been there.

Well, the police and RA's were sober. Anyhow, cops in full riot gear lined up at the OSU endzone and cleared the field by walking down it and using mace when necessary. There were mounted police, regular police, state police, campus police, basically a shit ton of police. College Avenue (downtown) was a mess, police and drunk students everywhere. If you were wearing anything OSU related after the game, you were a target for harassment. My voice is gone from yelling, but it was worth it
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I cant be happier for Joe-Pa and the Nittany Lions! But will face defeat next week.   The Wolverines have a tendency to play to their opponents level.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#13]

There were mounted police, regular police, state police, campus police, basically a shit ton of police. College Avenue (downtown) was a mess, police and drunk students everywhere.  My voice is gone from yelling, but it was worth it

Sounds like a regular weekend at PSU; from what I remember anyways.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I wish I had been at The Skeller or at Zeno's last night! I'm sure the party at Happy Valley was off the hook! I went to Penn State and try to make it to homecoming but couldnt find a hotel room this year.

I woulda been down at the Phyrst. Or Zeno's. Buddy of mine's a bouncer there now, but wasn't when I was there.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#16]
As mentioned before, the police response here was insane.  In addition to the state college police, police from surrounding counties, and 20% of the PA State Police force being here, they were all in full riot gear with batons, the 20oz or so OC spray, and of course they had a helicopter or two.  Spotters were along the tops of the buildings every block.

They used force quite willingly, starting at the stadium, they maced and tackled even the 5 foot tall girls.  A professional photographer got a picture of two cops in full gear tackling and cuffing a 115 lb girl, so hopefully that picture makes it to the papers.

The need for police here was obvious, but I think that by doing some of the things they did, they escalated the situation more than had they not done anything.

And heres my own JBT story... we were watching them deploy additional elements of riot control police from the tenth floor balcony of an apartment building (quite a sight, imagine watching two columns of 50 police in full riot gear marching down the street), when two police in riot gear entered the apartment from the closed, but not locked, door, and told us to "vacate the premises to ensure safety of the officers below."  There were perhaps ten of us, and we had no choice to leave and let the two of our friends who owned the apartment sort the situation out.  Apparently we had been "spotted" by the units on the rooftops across from us.  No one had been throwing anything off, or even shouting.  

I'll post articles from the local newspaper tommorow that will probaly share similiar stories, if there is any interest.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:14:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I cant be happier for Joe-Pa and the Nittany Lions! But will face defeat next week.   The Wolverines have a tendency to play to their opponents level.  

Well, seeing as you lost to Minnesota, and we beat Minnesota... I'm saying 7-0
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#18]
--They used force quite willingly, starting at the stadium, they maced and tackled even the 5 foot tall girls. A professional photographer got a picture of two cops in full gear tackling and cuffing a 115 lb girl, so hopefully that picture makes it to the papers.--

I hope so too, after spending 4 years at pitt...going to see my friends at WVU and at PSU...I really hate the way the cops handle situations there.  Being stationed down in the south is a refresher where the cops are friendly and people treat the cops with respect.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
--They used force quite willingly, starting at the stadium, they maced and tackled even the 5 foot tall girls. A professional photographer got a picture of two cops in full gear tackling and cuffing a 115 lb girl, so hopefully that picture makes it to the papers.--

I hope so too, after spending 4 years at pitt...going to see my friends at WVU and at PSU...I really hate the way the cops handle situations there.  Being stationed down in the south is a refresher where the cops are friendly and people treat the cops with respect.  

Hey, people were petting and posing for pictures with the police horses. Very respectful
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#20]
After the riot during Artsfest, they really leave nothing to chance
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#21]
I think Penn State's defense is what is winning their games..and Ohio State, once again, is way over-rated. It is good to se Penn State do well...and Jo Pa is absolutely senile. He is murmuring/gurgling his words much worse than it used to be.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I think Penn State's defense is what is winning their games..and Ohio State, once again, is way over-rated. It is good to se Penn State do well...and Jo Pa is absolutely senile. He is murmuring/gurgling his words much worse than it used to be.

I will agree, our defense makes the largest difference. M-Rob is only a decent quarterback, but our freshman receivers are playing great games against big name teams.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#23]
wait I'm confused...   PSU = Portland State University  and OSU = Oregon State University

Now from the PA posters I would guess PSU is Penn. State

But OSU is Oregon right?

I don't follow football at all so I have know idea of what your refering too.  Just wanted to clarify the anacronimes.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#24]

I can't believe that a team that only beat NORTHWESTERN in the final minute of the fourth quarter is talking so tough.

Keep dreaming.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
wait I'm confused...   PSU = Portland State University  and OSU = Oregon State University

Now from the PA posters I would guess PSU is Penn. State

But OSU is Oregon right?

I don't follow football at all so I have know idea of what your refering too.  Just wanted to clarify the anacronimes.

Penn State/ Ohio State
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I can't believe that a team that only beat NORTHWESTERN in the final minute of the fourth quarter is talking so tough.

Keep dreaming.

Considering Northwestern beat  #14 Wisconsin, and that Northwestern is highly underrated, I will be dreaming.

Ever heard of school pride DK?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep dreaming.

Considering Northwestern beat  #14 Wisconsin, and that Northwestern is highly underrated, I will be dreaming.

Ever heard of school pride DK?

You can spin it any way you want, but the reality is that you were a HAIR'S BREATH away from losing to an unranked team.  

Sure, NU is actually not too bad this year, and they might even be ranked on Monday (in the 20s), but if PSU was as good as people are claiming, they should NEVER have been losing to an unraked team in the last minute of play - and that's a fact, school pride or not.

And yeah, I've got school pride.  I was at NU when the worst team in the big 10 went to the Rose Bowl, and only lost to USC because those bastards cheated (by fielding a number of academically ineligible players!!).  I'm still bitter about that.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
and Ohio State, once again, is way over-rated.

Offensively, yeah, and will be until a real O-Coodinator
is hired.

Defensively, not in the slightest. The first string D has
given up a total of five TDs all season (one of which
was a 1st and goal on the 4 after an INT and another
was an 80 yrd screen pass).

The offense should be washing the defense's jock
because the pathetic O has ruined the season...again.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#29]
The National Champion Texas Longhorns led by Heisman Trophy Winner Vince Young.

That has a nice ring to it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#30]
It is a sad, sad day for us OSU fans.    Getting beat by Penn State.   Thats almost as bad as getting beat by Indiana.       That would be sad for PSU, too,,,, go 12 - 0 and still not play in the BCS championship game.   Oh well,  maybe next year.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
After the riot during Artsfest, they really leave nothing to chance

A friend of mine's drunk ex decided the best way to win her affections back would be to steal a streetsign for her during all that.

That turned out to be a mistake in a whole lot of ways.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#32]
I was happy to hear about that win.  Hopefully PS wins next week.  However, Joe Pa NEEDS to retire after this year...
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I was happy to hear about that win.  Hopefully PS wins next week.  However, Joe Pa NEEDS to retire after this year...

I couldn't agree more, 40th season coaching. Wow. Please let it be a winning one so the man can retire in peace.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#34]
PSU class of 2004 woot
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#35]
As a PSU grad who attended the game I'd like to add that I was embarassed by the students who were shouting the obsenities at the OSU fans.  What's the point?  Show some class and act like you've been there before.  How embarassing that the PA announcer has to tell the students to respect the facility because there are more home games.  

I told my son and his friend to use some of the PSU students as examples of how not to act when they are in college in 9 years or so.  

Good game by the way.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
As a PSU grad who attended the game I'd like to add that I was embarassed by the students who were shouting the obsenities at the OSU fans.  What's the point?  Show some class and act like you've been there before.  How embarassing that the PA announcer has to tell the students to respect the facility because there are more home games.  

I told my son and his friend to use some of the PSU students as examples of how not to act when they are in college in 9 years or so.  

Good game by the way.

Only a small majority were shouting the obscenities at fans, but it only takes a few to give many a bad name. I will admit though, I did partake in turning my back to the Ohio State Band. My favorite sign of the night had to be "Lee Corso's an Assmaster".
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Great game.

+1
<-- Whispers "Go Blue" under his breath.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

There were mounted police, regular police, state police, campus police, basically a shit ton of police. College Avenue (downtown) was a mess, police and drunk students everywhere.  My voice is gone from yelling, but it was worth it

Sounds like a regular weekend at PSU; from what I remember anyways.

A big +1 there. .
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Ohio State is not over-rated.
They are under-coached.
I believe that OSU has the most talented team in college football this year,
but Jim Tressel is not used to or, able to play aggressive offensive football;
only his form of defensive "Tressel-ball".

I am not sure what I think about OSU's quarterback situation.
I am pretty sure I lean toward Justin Zwick.
Troy Smith is too quick to give up on passing and too apt to start running.
Zwick is better able to read what is happening on the field.
He is also a better passer.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#40]
What happened at Artfest??
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are under-coached.

We were "overated" a few years ago, too. Remember, when we went 14-0. OSU looked absolutely pathetic last night and still only lost by one touchdown.

I am glad to see Joe-Pa doing well, but PSU has still not really played a decent team this year. It would not bother me to see them win the Big Ten, but there is no way that they will go undefeated this year. Michigan will not lose to PSU.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
We were "overated" a few years ago, too.

Yeah, well, Ohio State also had a Big10 caliber HB and
a gutsy, experienced QB in 2002 as well.

The team also found ways to win close games (Will Allen's
INT against CIN and, of course, "Holy Buckeye").
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are under-coached.

They are 3-2, they are over-rated and are out of the NC picture. Nuff said.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Do you honestly believe a Penn State/Texas game would be within 3 points?
OSU could just have easily have beaten Texas, as Texas beat OSU.  I have heard many times over the last couple weeks that the better team that night may not have won the game by the talking heads.

OSU had a shitty night.
No excuse, though.
PSU played great ball.
I'm just saying a few different play call sand the game could have gone differently.
It is up to PSU to hold on and win out the Big 10.  It won't happen though.
I'm not so sure UofM will win, but Purdue has a chance and Wisconsin and Michigan State have an even better chance.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#45]
It was a great game, I'll say that. Penn State's defense was unbelievably good, almost (dare I say it) OSU good. Their linebackers and secondary were superb.

That is a very good thing if they're going to go the rest of the way through the Big-10 without a loss...which isn't likely but who knows?

Let me also compliment Ted Ginn Jr. on another completely flat, uninspiring performance. Could anyone in the country be more over-hyped? I foresee a time in his near future when he'll be playing PS-2 at Maurice Clarett's apartment, both of them crying that Tressel ruined their pro careers by giving them the ball too much.

I doubt any team in the Big10 will go undefeated, but I think Penn State is starting to look really good. Northwestern's also really picking up, their offense was a fucking machine against Wisconsin. If they get their defense working, they'll be scary. Michigan State is, as they've always been, up and down. They'll probalby upset a few good teams and then fall apart when it matters. That's their tradition. Michigan's defense is bad right now, way too many injuries. I think PSU can beat them right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top