User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 10:41:04 AM EDT

wOOt!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations!  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow.  Someone got a new cave!  EXCELLENT!

lol.  j/k.  Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wow.  Someone got a new cave!  EXCELLENT!

lol.  j/k.  Congrats!

Yeah, he's been spelunking..

Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe your baby looks JUST like you!
Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Ladies, thanks for the replies.

I'm hoping I finally figured out how to make a girl.

I've been practicing, but only boys for me so far.

d_c, did I upset you in some way?  If so, my apologies.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#7]
aww congrats on the new addition
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#8]
congrats!!!  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

heh, no

i just hate ultrasounds--i never seem to see what everyone else sees  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:58:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome news Fish!  Thanks for sharing.  Here's hoping for a sitter rather than a pointer too.

Patty
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:06:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Congrats.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:22:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

heh, no

Well, I didn't "see" anything, but I just knew it was an ultrasound image.  or a cave.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:59:46 AM EDT
[#15]

You know, looking at it again, I think it IS a cave.  Or at least a money pit.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:14:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=59378&iGalleryUnq=1835&iImageUnq=41970

You know, looking at it again, I think it IS a cave.  Or at least a money pit.

Now THAT'S a Cool Cave!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:19:37 AM EDT
[#17]
I dunno about caves, they are money pits.  Congrats!  How'd you get them to do an ultrasound so early?  You two aren't having problems yet are you?  It's been so long I may be out of the loop though.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:27:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

heh, no

Well, I didn't "see" anything, but I just knew it was an ultrasound image.  or a cave.

See the really dark oval?  That's the oven.

See the light blob stuck to the right side of the oven?  That's the bun.  There's a little x on top and a little x on the bottom of the bun.  Funny thing is... I think the bun is upside down so the bottom x is on the bun's head and the top x is on the bun's bunns.  

I love babies!  Congratulations!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:32:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:52:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Daisywench, that is the old dorado gold mine ouside of Vegas.  It is now privately owned, and they do the coolest tours.  HIGHLY recommended.

txwxgirl, no problems, and hopefully not in the future.  BTDT, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  Is is pretty routine to do ultrasounds at virtually every visit here in NY.  I guess the OB's want to document everything.  This particular one is the 8 week.  It will be repeated at 4 week intervals, amnio at 15 weeks (our doc does it early), hi-def ultrasound at 18 to 20 weeks, and so on.

Persephone, your ultrasound-fu is strong.  The 2 x's are the cranial end on the bottom, and the caudal (tail) end on top.  All fetuses grow at very predictable rates early on, so the distance between the x's gives a fairly accurate date of conception.  We are looking at early October for delivery.

I am so excited.  We have three boys, each 4 years apart, and we lost a fourth son in the third trimester in 2003.  That was the hardest thing I have ever dealt with.  My wife is (predictably) nervous, but staying strong.  We told our kids, but no-one else.  I've been bursting, and thanks to the relative anonymity of the internet, and the strong family feel of ARFCOM, I wanted to share with you ladies.

Thanks again for the good wishes.

Fish

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Daisywench, that is the old dorado gold mine ouside of Vegas.  It is now privately owned, and they do the coolest tours.  HIGHLY recommended.

txwxgirl, no problems, and hopefully not in the future.  BTDT, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  Is is pretty routine to do ultrasounds at virtually every visit here in NY.  I guess the OB's want to document everything.  This particular one is the 8 week.  It will be repeated at 4 week intervals, amnio at 15 weeks (our doc does it early), hi-def ultrasound at 18 to 20 weeks, and so on.

Persephone, your ultrasound-fu is strong.  The 2 x's are the cranial end on the bottom, and the caudal (tail) end on top.  All fetuses grow at very predictable rates early on, so the distance between the x's gives a fairly accurate date of conception.  We are looking at early October for delivery.

I am so excited.  We have three boys, each 4 years apart, and we lost a fourth son in the third trimester in 2003.  That was the hardest thing I have ever dealt with.  My wife is (predictably) nervous, but staying strong.  We told our kids, but no-one else.  I've been bursting, and thanks to the relative anonymity of the internet, and the strong family feel of ARFCOM, I wanted to share with you ladies.

Fish

Sweetie, we're all sending you good mojo and happy thoughts.
AND...if it's truly a girl, you'll know soon. That cave is dark and in need of some feminine touches!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:06:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fish

Sweetie, we're all sending you good mojo and happy thoughts.
AND...if it's truly a girl, you'll know soon. That cave is dark and in need of some feminine touches!!!!!

I'm picturing swag curtains, maybe some nice berber carpeting, and candles!  Tons of Candles!  C'mon ..we're going to IKEA!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:13:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Wow! ouch!  I totally can't imagine losing one in the third trimester.  I lost two in the second.  I'm so keeping my fingers crossed and sending prayers for you.  You'll just have to post the nest ultrasound pic now, so I can keep up to date.  That's awesome that your doc is so on top  of things.  Hoping for XX's for you!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:28:04 AM EDT
[#24]
 CONGRATULATIONS!  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Congrats and sending prayers and good vibes your way

-Mrs.Monk
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Congratulations!  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#27]
 my ultrasound-foo is broken  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Congratulations!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top