lol. j/k. Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:31:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By daisywench:
Wow. Someone got a new cave! EXCELLENT!

lol. j/k. Congrats!

Yeah, he's been spelunking..

Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:59:34 PM EDT
I believe your baby looks JUST like you!
Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:24:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:39:16 PM EDT
Hey Ladies, thanks for the replies.

I'm hoping I finally figured out how to make a girl.

I've been practicing, but only boys for me so far.

d_c, did I upset you in some way? If so, my apologies.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:48:43 PM EDT
aww congrats on the new addition
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:05:00 PM EDT
congrats!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:05:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fish223:

heh, no

i just hate ultrasounds--i never seem to see what everyone else sees
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:13:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:51:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:58:07 PM EDT
Awesome news Fish! Thanks for sharing. Here's hoping for a sitter rather than a pointer too.

Patty
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:06:16 AM EDT
Congrats.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:22:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By diabolical_chicken:

heh, no

Well, I didn't "see" anything, but I just knew it was an ultrasound image. or a cave.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:59:46 AM EDT

You know, looking at it again, I think it IS a cave. Or at least a money pit.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:14:56 AM EDT

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=59378&iGalleryUnq=1835&iImageUnq=41970

You know, looking at it again, I think it IS a cave. Or at least a money pit.

Now THAT'S a Cool Cave!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:19:37 AM EDT
I dunno about caves, they are money pits. Congrats! How'd you get them to do an ultrasound so early? You two aren't having problems yet are you? It's been so long I may be out of the loop though.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:27:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By daisywench:

Originally Posted By diabolical_chicken:

heh, no

Well, I didn't "see" anything, but I just knew it was an ultrasound image. or a cave.

See the really dark oval? That's the oven.

See the light blob stuck to the right side of the oven? That's the bun. There's a little x on top and a little x on the bottom of the bun. Funny thing is... I think the bun is upside down so the bottom x is on the bun's head and the top x is on the bun's bunns.

I love babies! Congratulations!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:32:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:52:29 AM EDT
Daisywench, that is the old dorado gold mine ouside of Vegas. It is now privately owned, and they do the coolest tours. HIGHLY recommended.

txwxgirl, no problems, and hopefully not in the future. BTDT, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Is is pretty routine to do ultrasounds at virtually every visit here in NY. I guess the OB's want to document everything. This particular one is the 8 week. It will be repeated at 4 week intervals, amnio at 15 weeks (our doc does it early), hi-def ultrasound at 18 to 20 weeks, and so on.

Persephone, your ultrasound-fu is strong. The 2 x's are the cranial end on the bottom, and the caudal (tail) end on top. All fetuses grow at very predictable rates early on, so the distance between the x's gives a fairly accurate date of conception. We are looking at early October for delivery.

I am so excited. We have three boys, each 4 years apart, and we lost a fourth son in the third trimester in 2003. That was the hardest thing I have ever dealt with. My wife is (predictably) nervous, but staying strong. We told our kids, but no-one else. I've been bursting, and thanks to the relative anonymity of the internet, and the strong family feel of ARFCOM, I wanted to share with you ladies.

Thanks again for the good wishes.

Fish

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:54:48 AM EDT

Daisywench, that is the old dorado gold mine ouside of Vegas. It is now privately owned, and they do the coolest tours. HIGHLY recommended.

txwxgirl, no problems, and hopefully not in the future. BTDT, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Is is pretty routine to do ultrasounds at virtually every visit here in NY. I guess the OB's want to document everything. This particular one is the 8 week. It will be repeated at 4 week intervals, amnio at 15 weeks (our doc does it early), hi-def ultrasound at 18 to 20 weeks, and so on.

Persephone, your ultrasound-fu is strong. The 2 x's are the cranial end on the bottom, and the caudal (tail) end on top. All fetuses grow at very predictable rates early on, so the distance between the x's gives a fairly accurate date of conception. We are looking at early October for delivery.

I am so excited. We have three boys, each 4 years apart, and we lost a fourth son in the third trimester in 2003. That was the hardest thing I have ever dealt with. My wife is (predictably) nervous, but staying strong. We told our kids, but no-one else. I've been bursting, and thanks to the relative anonymity of the internet, and the strong family feel of ARFCOM, I wanted to share with you ladies.

Fish

Sweetie, we're all sending you good mojo and happy thoughts.
AND...if it's truly a girl, you'll know soon. That cave is dark and in need of some feminine touches!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:06:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

Fish

Sweetie, we're all sending you good mojo and happy thoughts.
AND...if it's truly a girl, you'll know soon. That cave is dark and in need of some feminine touches!!!!!

I'm picturing swag curtains, maybe some nice berber carpeting, and candles! Tons of Candles! C'mon ..we're going to IKEA!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:13:13 AM EDT
Wow! ouch! I totally can't imagine losing one in the third trimester. I lost two in the second. I'm so keeping my fingers crossed and sending prayers for you. You'll just have to post the nest ultrasound pic now, so I can keep up to date. That's awesome that your doc is so on top of things. Hoping for XX's for you!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:28:04 AM EDT
CONGRATULATIONS!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:13:24 PM EDT
Congrats and sending prayers and good vibes your way

-Mrs.Monk
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:48:45 PM EDT
Congratulations!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:06:53 PM EDT
my ultrasound-foo is broken
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:08:34 PM EDT
Congratulations!
Top Top