Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2015 10:20:19 AM EDT
My cat choked to death on these treats. I'm not saying these are bad for all cats, but if it can happen with Charlie, it can happen with another cat.

Charlie was a food Hoover, she gobbled her food too fast and she was put in a room with few treats while we ate dinner. She probably tried to eat them all at once without bothering to chew them. I went in a half hour later and she was dead on the floor. When I went to clear her airway before doing my best version of cat CPR, I could feel the treats with the tip of my finger. She was already dead and I couldn't save her.

If you have these treats, only give them one at a time and watch your cat eat them.

So long Charlie.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:32:30 AM EDT
very sorry for your loss
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:33:38 AM EDT

Ruined my day. Sorry for the loss, I would hate to lose a cat like that.
Thank you for the warning.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:51:28 AM EDT
Oops, wrong thread.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:18:01 PM EDT
So very sorry for your loss…    RIP Charlie.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:36:34 PM EDT
Sorry OP, our female Sheltie has choked several times in treats. She sucks them down too. On the smaller, softer treats I squash them to make them wider then she chews them.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:21:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:07:06 AM EDT
Oh, man, that's terrible!

Our Clarence gets the same treats and is the exact same: a food vacuum.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:10:50 AM EDT
sorry for your loss op
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:21:43 PM EDT

      Sorry for your loss.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:42:59 AM EDT
Damn that sucks!  I give mine those treats.  I have never given them without being there to supervise though.  I suppose any kind of dry food would have been a risk to your cat if that is how she ate.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 9:18:24 PM EDT
Very sorry. Thanks for the PSA.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:09:45 AM EDT
So sorry for your loss.
Page General » Pets
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.