Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/9/2011 4:58:20 AM EDT
People, stop coming through Missouri with your "weed cards," and think you are good to go. It is illegal here, and any amount over 35 grams will be charged as a felony. To add to this, and pipes you have within your vehicle, are considered paraphernalia, and is a separate charge.

End of PSA
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:59:42 AM EDT
[#1]
haha.jpg
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:01:53 AM EDT
[#2]

But....but....but....I like have a RX from like a doctor and stuff Dude.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:03:10 AM EDT
[#3]
JBT

JK.. i hate dopers.. know the law you idiots.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:09:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
People, stop coming through Missouri with your "weed cards," and think you are good to go. It is illegal here, and any amount over 35 grams will be charged as a felony. To add to this, and pipes you have within your vehicle, are considered paraphernalia, and is a separate charge.

End of PSA

so if i have a pipe in my car it's paraphernalia?  guess i should tell my dad that.  he smokes a pipe.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:10:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

End of PSA

so if i have a pipe in my car it's paraphernalia?  guess i should tell my dad that.  he smokes a pipe.

There is a difference between tobacco pipe and mary jane pipes.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:10:44 AM EDT
[#6]
"JK.. i hate dopers.. know the law you idiots."

Agreed.  If you want it legalized, then there is no excuse in not knowing your Fed, State, and local laws.  

I despise gun owners who play fast and loose with NFA and anyone doing stupid things with drugs isn't helping their cause.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:11:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

End of PSA

i get that.  he said "any pipes you have within your vehicle".  just making sure we can still smoke a tobacco pipe?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:14:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i get that.  he said "any pipes you have within your vehicle".  just making sure we can still smoke a tobacco pipe?

Ah, forgot you were a lawyer...  

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:14:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

End of PSA

Would Doug be busted for a pipe or a bong? I mean, look at the thing! It is huge!
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:15:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

End of PSA

Damn lawyers, turning words around. Yes I mean any pipe in the vehicle with traces of illegal drugs in them.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:17:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I feel safer.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:23:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I feel safer.

Just stay in Florida then.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:26:21 AM EDT
[#13]
If everyone would just listen to reason and join the R3volution, this travesty could be ended! Free the Weed Ron Paul 2012!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:28:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel safer.

Hell, 20+ grams is a felony here.

He should feel a lot safer!
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:56:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes, I feel safer already with cops spending their time getting some weed off the streets.  
Thank god!  I was losing sleep cause someone, somewhere had some weed
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:00:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:09:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

End of PSA

Damn lawyers, turning words around. Yes I mean any pipe in the vehicle with traces of illegal drugs in them.

LT I'm sort of curious how you guys tell a tobacco pipe from a weed pipe.  I've heard of guys smoking weed out of tobacco pipes, especially 'Hobbit and Gandalf" pipes (think LOTR) for the cool factor.  I'm guessing by smell.

I was chatting with a friend of mine in STLMO the other day.  I was sitting in my truck about to head out when his partner came up to the other truck window to shoot the shit (and get a free cigar) when he looked at my console where I had 2 pipes and several baggies of pipe tobacco.

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow.  I thought...."oh shit....here we go" until he started asking me what pipe tobacco I enjoyed.

Smell is the number one. Distinct smell between tobacco, and marijuana. If for some reason I can not make a determination just from smell, I have a Narc-Tec tester I can swipe on it. It will let me know within seconds if it test positive for marijuana. The Narc-Tec is not admissible in court as a definite, but I will send the item in question to the lab to get a chemical result.

Narc-Tecs are drug specific. If the substance looks like cocaine, I will have to use a cocaine tester. It might come up negative, so I will switch to a methamphetamine tester, etc. But weed is pretty easy to identify.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:10:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah, forgot you were a lawyer...  

Words mean things.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:14:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Pot police, I so do not feel any safer.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:23:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Holy hell. 35 grams? What is that, like an ounce and a quarter?

I'm one of those legalize everything types, but cruisin' through multiple states with an oz in your back pocket seems like pretty good evidence that there's a link between pot and stupidity.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:24:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What if I said a lot of marijuana comes over the Mexico/US border, and it is illegals bringing it over. 30-50% of marijuana is brought across this border by illegals. Illegals sucking up tax dollars, and committing felonies left, and right.

Take for instance FBI's 10 most wanted fugitives. 4 out of the 10 are illegals.

Weed is not something just grown in your backyard. People are too lazy to do that, so they go to their drug dealer, and buy it. Where does he get it from? What about Afghanistan? It is the top supplier of marijuana in the world, not to mention opium. You think that money is used to support their Government? Nah, it is used against our troops. How does that make you feel, or did you not look that far ahead of your nose?

Is it still victimless?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:24:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

End of PSA

Why are they visiting Missouri if California and Colorado are so wonderful with the legal weed cards and all?  Looking to score some meth?

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:25:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

End of PSA

Why are they visiting Missouri if California and Colorado are so wonderful with the legal weed cards and all?  Looking to score some meth?

More than likely.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Your Missouri isn't valid...

ETA: How many fuckiin people you got makin that trip that its become a problem for you? lol
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:32:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Edit: fuck it
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:33:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:33:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:34:43 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I just realized I'm not 100% sure where Missouri is.  I know it's that way <–––––––––––– somewhere.

Well, you are aimless.  Could that be a factor?

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if I said a lot of marijuana comes over the Mexico/US border, and it is illegals bringing it over. 30-50% of marijuana is brought across this border by illegals. Illegals sucking up tax dollars, and committing felonies left, and right.

Weed is not something just grown in your backyard. People are too lazy to do that, so they go to their drug dealer, and buy it. Where does he get it from? What about Afghanistan? It is the top supplier of marijuana in the world, not to mention opium. You think that money is used to support their Government? Nah, it is used against our troops. How does that make you feel, or did you not look that far ahead of your nose?

Is it still victimless?

What if I tell you the WOD is a failure?

What if I tell you I brew my own beer, know people who grow their own weed, and distill their own alcohool?  Not one criminal benefits from any of these endeavors.  Why should the govt be invovled?  Where are the victims?

You are biased, you personally profit from the WOD, it's OK, the WOD is big business.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:38:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it still victimless?

If it was legal than Pfizer could make it and all of those concerns go away.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:42:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Relax brah.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:46:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it still victimless?

What if I tell you I brew my own beer, know people who grow their own weed, and distill their own alcohool?  Not one criminal benefits from any of these endeavors.  Why should the govt be invovled?  Where are the victims?

You are biased, you personally profit from the WOD, it's OK, the WOD is big business.

Not saying it isn't a failure, but I am doing my job. Brew your own beer, cool, I honestly would like to see how this is done. I have been to the big breweries, but that's not the same. People that grow their own weed, cool, I'm sure ERAD will be along shortly, and I'm sure these people that grow their own weed are the most upstanding people, no?

Victims? LOL, plenty of them. Let me do a quick google search for victims of marijuana trade:

http://articles.boston.com/2011-04-28/yourtown/29483551_1_harvard-students-harvard-campus-first-degree-murder-charges

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2000-06-07/news/18134874_1_marijuana-crack-pot

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19125673.300-editorial-so-many-victims-of-the-drug-trade.html

I literally google "victims of marijuana trade," and this was the first 3 hits.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:49:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Your "victimless crime" comment is very applicable here.  When it's not a crime anymore, it CAN become victimless.  In order to be legal here in CO the stuff the dispensaries sell has to be grown in CO.

I despise marijuana and the people that smoke it "just to get through the day".  However, I'm thankful my state has realized that making it legal takes the axe to the supply chain coming in from third world countries.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:49:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:51:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I just realized I'm not 100% sure where Missouri is.  I know it's that way <–––––––––––– somewhere.

No, it's the second state thataway ––––––––––––>

And the last state that I consider part of the same country. Nothing east of the Mississippi makes any damn sense at all. Granted, a lot of the shit on this side is pretty wacky, but NOTHING over there is normal.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:51:57 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it still victimless?

If it was legal than Pfizer could make it and all of those concerns go away.

The regulations that would ensue would be a nightmare for pharma companies; it wouldn't be worth it.  The cost of compliance would be way too high, especially considering the fact that the drug companies wouldn't have the kind of monopoly that they get when they patent a new drug.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

End of PSA

Actually MO laws seem pretty reasonable compared to other states.  Simple possession of any amount is a felony in AZ the last time I checked, and here in IL the felony amount is very low, I think 10 grams?  

I was in college once, 30 grams is a LOT to get caught with and not catch a felony.

NOTE:  I am pro legalization, but I don't use any drugs obviously.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it still victimless?

The only people smoking Mexican brown ditch weed are kids and poor people.  Imported reefer from Afghanistan?  Not economically feasible.  Seeds, maybe.  

Most of the mid-grade to premium reefer in the US is grown here or in Canada.  Afghan sales of marijuana in the United States is not used to support the killing of US troops.  You are perpetuating a lie.  I understand it may be frustrating to you that you cannot impose your own will or enforce local Missouri laws on a national or global scale.  This does not however give you a pass to disseminate misinformation to further your personal agenda.

As for the criminal Mexican nationals, they are not coming here because they believe in the benefits of product and wish to engage on a philanthropic mission to spread the good word.  They care coming here for the money it provides.  Just like the Chiefs of police when they belly up to the budgetary bar to obtain the necessary tools to combat the evil gateway weed.

It is all about obtaining money for self interests.  Boil the fat away and that is all there is.  People, their livelihoods, and greed.  

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:53:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Yep, I definitely feel safer knowing that you're getting those incredibly dangerous drugs off the streets.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:56:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it still victimless?

The only people smoking Mexican brown ditch weed are kids and poor people.  Imported reefer from Afghanistan?  Not economically feasible.  Seeds, maybe.  

Most of the mid-grade to premium reefer in the US is grown here or in Canada.  Afghan sales of marijuana in the United States is not used to support the killing of US troops.  You are perpetuating a lie.  I understand it may be frustrating to you that you cannot impose your own will or enforce local Missouri laws on a national or global scale.  This does not however give you a pass to disseminate misinformation to further your personal agenda.

As for the criminal Mexican nationals, they are not coming here because they believe in the benefits of product and wish to engage on a philanthropic mission to spread the good word.  They care coming here for the money it provides.  Just like the Chiefs of police when they belly up to the budgetary bar to obtain the necessary tools to combat the evil gateway weed.

It is all about obtaining money for self interests.  Boil the fat away and that is all there is.  People, their livelihoods, and greed.  

Where does the money go then? Into the Afghans Million dollar caves?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:58:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel safer.

Hell, 20+ grams is a felony here.

He should feel a lot safer!

Shit... anything under 50 in NJ is considered a slap on the wrist.

Fuckin JBT states.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:00:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it still victimless?

Not saying it isn't a failure, but I am doing my job. Brew your own beer, cool, I honestly would like to see how this is done. I have been to the big breweries, but that's not the same. People that grow their own weed, cool, I'm sure ERAD will be along shortly, and I'm sure these people that grow their own weed are the most upstanding people, no?

Victims? LOL, plenty of them. Let me do a quick google search for victims of marijuana trade:

http://articles.boston.com/2011-04-28/yourtown/29483551_1_harvard-students-harvard-campus-first-degree-murder-charges

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19125673.300-editorial-so-many-victims-of-the-drug-trade.html

Grew up in Alaska, when weed was legal, 4 oz's.  I personally knew a lot of the dealers, still do and never ever heard of Marijuana violence.  The illegality and profit keep the violence factor high.  The greenhouse guy down the street growing for his friends is not out actively marketing and infringing upon MS-13's turf. YMMV
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:01:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it still victimless?

The absurd laws create the underground market.  There were ALOT of victims of alcohol prohibition too, including the tens of thousands that the federal government murdered through their denaturing programs.

I feel bad for you, you sound like a decent guy from your posts (and I'm not claiming otherwise), its just too bad you have to enforce such absurd laws.  In many states, something like this is just a simple ticket and in their state its not one bit illegal.  That said, these people know the law and know that they could get busted.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:02:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

End of PSA

Good. Keep these worthless dopers out of this state.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:03:20 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it still victimless?

Where does the money go then? Into the Afghans Million dollar caves?

Show me where statistically significant amounts of Afghan reefer is coming into this country.  My point is that it isn't.  Marijuana is too bulky and stinky to get in the country in any kinds of quantity that would have a statistical impact on national security.  It's simple logistics.  I know that iss outside your area of expertise, but also understand that it doesn't keep you from having an opinion on the matter which supports your own livelihood.  

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:03:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Jesus people did some of you forget about the prohibition?

Illegal goods that people want and can use responsibly create a black market, and all the crime that comes with it.

If we made alcohol or tobacco illegal, we would have a billion dollar a year black market for those too.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:03:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it still victimless?

Your mental gymnastics are of a caliber that even Olypmians would be jealous of.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:04:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Yea and I really like the though of a stoned out Pilot flying the plane I'm on.....
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:11:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If everyone would just listen to reason and join the R3volution, this travesty could be ended! Free the Weed Ron Paul 2012!!!!!

Like dude do you ever you know like get sick of you know like being totally pissed that mccain didn't win. You know dude palin never will either. Like i was listening to some dumbass on the news and like looked up expecting to see hillary but it was bachman. I was like whoooo dude. It really blew my mind.
Anyone other than a rino that you support?

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:12:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top