Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I got mine yesterday, unpacked it and assembled it. I got the bar and chain oil today, fired it up, cut a few limbs into firewood, and put it up.
It looked brand new. It idles a little rough but runs great, I'll see what I can tweak.

The place I got the bar oil had the same model new for $260.

Supposedly there is an idle screw that takes a special tool.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the information OP.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Holy hell they have already shipped my chainsaw!!!!!!!

Its a Husky, it wants to go to work.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy hell they have already shipped my chainsaw!!!!!!!

Its a Husky, it wants to go to work.

Mine will be here on Monday.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I got mine yesterday, unpacked it and assembled it. I got the bar and chain oil today, fired it up, cut a few limbs into firewood, and put it up.
It looked brand new. It idles a little rough but runs great, I'll see what I can tweak.

Mine ran goofy for a bit, when it was brand new. I wouldn't mess with it. Run it, it'll break itself in...

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Put mine together today. Ran great. I don't have anything to cut.

Its ok I sent this guy down to help you out...

Link Posted: 2/24/2013 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone else get their saw yet?
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine ran goofy for a bit, when it was brand new. I wouldn't messh it. Run it, it'll break itself in...

That was my plan. It is now idling ok if i run it hard for a while, but it will stall if I do one cut and let it idle. Better than yesterday!
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 3:11:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
avoid the husky "powerbox" case. it's pretty much junk. picked one up at lowes today on sale and we have a tax holiday for storm preps this week so it was almost 40% off. barely worth the cost at that price. it will do it you need something to keep it on the helf but it seriously cheap plastic junk with plastic hinges that will break easily with any serious use.

I already bought a Stihl case for mine. I know they are good.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
avoid the husky "powerbox" case. it's pretty much junk. picked one up at lowes today on sale and we have a tax holiday for storm preps this week so it was almost 40% off. barely worth the cost at that price. it will do it you need something to keep it on the helf but it seriously cheap plastic junk with plastic hinges that will break easily with any serious use.

I already bought a Stihl case for mine. I know they are good.

Heh.  Trying to impress the ladies, eh?  Of course, you have to open it sooner or later.  

Hahahaha. I'll show ya'll my rebadged husky when it gets here. Probably will look just like a Stihl with a BFL on it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Got my 435 ( B grade ) yesterday. Fired right up.
Took it out to the woods today and went through some trees real nice.
This was my first chainsaw experience...    I realized that this thing is Extremely dangerous.

I'm trying to think up some safety protocols to keep myself safe.

Link Posted: 2/24/2013 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

There are lots of Youtube videos to learn from.  Honestly, if you have zero experience, and no one to mentor you, you REALLY need to watch a bunch of videos, as not all of the dangerous stuff is intuitive.  The learning curve is VERY steep, and the consequences are huge.  The inherent danger of these things cannot be overstated.  

I cought on to this within 30 seconds, thankfully with no injury. This shit is WAY more dangerous than guns.

Link Posted: 2/24/2013 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are lots of Youtube videos to learn from.  Honestly, if you have zero experience, and no one to mentor you, you REALLY need to watch a bunch of videos, as not all of the dangerous stuff is intuitive.  The learning curve is VERY steep, and the consequences are huge.  The inherent danger of these things cannot be overstated.  

I cought on to this within 30 seconds, thankfully with no injury. This shit is WAY more dangerous than guns.

Things to remember:

ALWAYS begin the cut with the throttle wide open.

NEVER touch the tip to anything--learn about "kickback," it's causes, avoidance, and how to forsee its occurrence.

Learn how to use a wedge.

Don't fell until you are more experienced.

Wear all PPE (Personal Protection Equipment)--chaps, heavy leather gloves, hard hat, ear protection, eye protection.

Make all cuts while standing solidly, not fatigued, not off balance, and think through the cut before making it.

Keep your chain sharp!

Don't let the chain touch the dirt.

Sooner or later the chain will grab and move in an unexpected direction--don't have body parts in its path!

Never cut one-handed--keep your left hand in its proper position so as to activate the chain brake.

Don't climb a ladder to cut.

There are lots more.  Learn them, live them, be safe!

great info here. As a first time owner as well I went to you tubes and watched some video's. Had good luck so far, although I really do need to get a set of chaps.

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 4:10:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Around here more tree crews do use STIHLs, but maybe 60/40. Husqvarna has saws almost the equal of its main competitor (see 372xp, for example), if not equal. As I said earlier, Husqvarnas are 95% of the saw for 70% of the price of a STIHL.

As someone who uses his saw quite a bit in the fall and spring on some pretty serious stuff, Husqvarna is more than capable and always wants more. Here's me, my dad, and my brother with a 460, 555, and 359:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/WoodCrew3.JPG

What should be said both companies pro lines are respectable reliable long lasting saws while the their home owners saws both blow in terms of durability and longevity.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 4:12:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Husq is garbage. And they don't stand behind their product.

I'm a Sthil convert...
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 4:30:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Now all of you new owners need to go to Labonville.com and get some chaps.

www.labonville.com/Full-Wrap-Chainsaw-Safety-Chaps-Parts-_c_80.html

No hotlink on phone.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 4:34:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Husq is garbage. And they don't stand behind their product.

I'm a Sthil convert...

You and Beekeeper should meet up for a Stihl fanboy date....

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 4:35:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Got mine Saturday and put it use for a bit.  Ran like a champ.  Great buy for $140.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#24]
got mine just now, saw looks new
if it was used at all I would never know it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Now all of you new owners need to go to Labonville.com and get some chaps.

www.labonville.com/Full-Wrap-Chainsaw-Safety-Chaps-Parts-_c_80.html

No hotlink on phone.

Those chaps are more expensive than the Stihl ones mentioned earlier.  Are they worth it?
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 11:18:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Some folks might find these chaps, gloves and gear useful

- Orange Pro chaps
- complete power kit
- blue chaps
- Husqy gloves
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 12:42:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Some folks might find these chaps, gloves and gear useful

- Orange Pro chaps
- complete power kit
- blue chaps
- Husqy gloves

Are those pants 95% of the Stihl ones for 86% of the cost?  I was told in this thread that they would be 70% of the cost, so I was hoping to see them priced a little closer to $49.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I literally have no need for a chainsaw, unless a hurricane rips through.

I still want one. For zeds. Ultimate zed weapon. Period.

I'm glad I'm not alone.  

Personally, I blame DOOM.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 2:30:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Are those pants 95% of the Stihl ones for 86% of the cost?  I was told in this thread that they would be 70% of the cost, so I was hoping to see them priced a little closer to $49.

Are you talking about these? Looks like they are rated @ 400-denier vs this @ 600-denier (=thicker).
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you talking about these? Looks like they are rated @ 400-denier vs this @ 600-denier (=thicker).

I don't know.  On page 2, thebeekeeper1 mentioned Stihl stores having some he recommends for $70.  Maybe they're lower threadcount.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know.  On page 2, thebeekeeper1 mentioned Stihl stores having some he recommends for $70.  Maybe they're lower threadcount.

ahh I see, the orange one you linked to earlier is actually rated @ 1000.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 2:50:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ahh I see, the orange one you linked to earlier is actually rated @ 1000.

So, pretty much "700 D Stihl" then?

ORDERED, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I literally have no need for a chainsaw, unless a hurricane rips through.

I still want one. For zeds. Ultimate zed weapon. Period.

I'm glad I'm not alone.  

Personally, I blame DOOM.

A samurai blade is probably a better choice, remember blades don't need reloading or re-fueling
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/386699_10100711779929283_1353465682_n.jpg

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Used the hell out of my little Husqvarna. She worked like a champ. I would highly suggest to anyone on the fence to buy one. My saw ran great. Finally is broke in so it is a one pull start now. My pull cord end was a little chewed up, but overall is great shape. One of the best saws I've ever ran.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 7:30:28 AM EDT
[#36]
I got mine Friday--a day and a half shipping. Assembled the bar and chain. I had to get a new gas can, 2-cycle oil, and bar oil. I just haven't fired her up yet. This one was definitely used, several scrapes, etc.

The guy at Sears said to always run the fuel out, not to store with gas in the carb, says it ruins the carb. ?
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 7:32:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I got mine Friday--a day and a half shipping. Assembled the bar and chain. I had to get a new gas can, 2-cycle oil, and bar oil. I just havebn't fired her up yet. This one was definitely used, several scrapes, etc.

Yeah, mine was used too.  Oil residue on the bottom of the saw and on the box.  Still in good shape for the price though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 7:45:05 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got mine Friday--a day and a half shipping. Assembled the bar and chain. I had to get a new gas can, 2-cycle oil, and bar oil. I just havebn't fired her up yet. This one was definitely used, several scrapes, etc.

Yeah, mine was used too.  Oil residue on the bottom of the saw and on the box.  Still in good shape for the price though.

mine too ... are you sure they were not just tested?

Link Posted: 2/26/2013 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
mine too ... are you sure they were not just tested?

Hard to say for sure.  If it was just tested they sure didn't bother cleaning it up at all.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 9:22:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I got mine Friday--a day and a half shipping. Assembled the bar and chain. I had to get a new gas can, 2-cycle oil, and bar oil. I just haven't fired her up yet. This one was definitely used, several scrapes, etc.

The guy at Sears said to always run the fuel out, not to store with gas in the carb, says it ruins the carb. ?

If you plan on not running the saw within 3 months I would run the saw dry.  It prevents the carb from getting all gummed up.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#42]
I picked up this kit at the local supply store

http://www.amazon.com/Husqvarna-531307180-Protective-Powerkit-Professional/dp/B004FR0E1E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361911247&sr=8-1&keywords=husqvarna+professional+safety

as well as a 6 pack of Husqvarna  2 stroke mix, a can of Husqvarna premix gas, new 1 gallon gas can, Husqvarna bar and chain oil for $215.

Cost more than the stupid chainsaw.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Mine arrived a bit ago.  Makes my old Craftsman saw seem like a toy.  This thing has a shit ton of power.

Link Posted: 2/26/2013 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I picked up this kit at the local supply store

http://www.amazon.com/Husqvarna-531307180-Protective-Powerkit-Professional/dp/B004FR0E1E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361911247&sr=8-1&keywords=husqvarna+professional+safety

as well as a 6 pack of Husqvarna  2 stroke mix, a can of Husqvarna premix gas, new 1 gallon gas can, Husqvarna bar and chain oil for $215.

Cost more than the stupid chainsaw.

as many problems I have had out of everything small motored at my house
I think I will be using that premix stuff... as dumb as it sounds
can no longer get any ethanol free gas local
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 6:36:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Got mine Tuesday. Basically the same report as the others here: a couple of minor scuffs, otherwise looks new.Iidles a little rough, stalled a couple of times but started right back up. Cuts nice! I've only run 1 tank thru it, I'll run a couple more to break it in and then see how it runs.

Excellent deal on a great saw.

Promo code BT45BR still worked this morning.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 7:08:46 AM EDT
[#47]
finally got around to getting mine up and running

pulled on it a few times and the recoil starter quit engaging... I said many many bad words
took it apart and fixed it. was a minor thing

same report as others... didnt want to idle, had a rough idle and then smoothed on out
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

pulled on it a few times and the recoil starter quit engaging... I said many many bad words
took it apart and fixed it. was a minor thing

same report as others... didnt want to idle, had a rough idle and then smoothed on out

My saw was dying after each cut yesterday. I called Husqvarna they said take it to a dealer. So I messed with my idle and it works better.

I've been having an issue with my chain getting tight by itself though. I tension it tighten the bar nut and then start running the saw and the chain gets tight as heck. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My saw was dying after each cut yesterday. I called Husqvarna they said take it to a dealer. So I messed with my idle and it works better.

I've been having an issue with my chain getting tight by itself though. I tension it tighten the bar nut and then start running the saw and the chain gets tight as heck. Any ideas?

#1 you removed the white plastic spacer that says remove?
#2 filled it with bar oil and its oiling the bar properly?
#3 didnt tighten the hell out of the chain adjuster?

a overly tight chain will also cause the chainsaw to kill itself like you described
I dont have a "this is how tight it should be" guideline but it should have the slightest bit of slack in it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top