Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/16/2010 11:53:20 PM EDT
Do you know why I'm posting this thread at 3AM? Do you know why I didn't get home until 2AM?

ORD

You'd think a fucking airport that is world-renown for being busy would learn a thing or two and get decent ground crews, but instead I lost 3 hours of my fucking life tonight to that God-forsaken hell hole of an airport because they can't wrangle together enough deicing crews to prevent every flight from having to wait ONE FUCKING HOUR to taxi-in or to depart.

Link Posted: 12/16/2010 11:58:13 PM EDT
[#1]
One hour delay due to major icing hazards? Seriously not that bad.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 12:06:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Tell me something i never could have known.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 12:07:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

No ice, just light flurries. I should have been home by 11PM, but got in at 2AM instead.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#4]
about 90% of the time i have had a connection in Ohare its resulted in missed or cancelled flights and an unplanned overnight stay, or lost baggage.

I'll pay more to connect in MSP instead. Never a problem there.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 12:13:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I refuse to fly into Ohare airport. Those people are the epitomy of fucked up
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 12:13:21 AM EDT
[#6]
We have an ARFCOM poster that took 1.5 hours to get to work that normally takes 20 minutes.

WORK CAN SUCK IT!
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 12:14:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a layover there this weekend
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 12:17:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I try to avoid it if at all possible.

Worst experience ever. Well, one of the worst. Gulfport after Katrina was pretty bad.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 12:24:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No ice, just light flurries. I should have been home by 11PM, but got in at 2AM instead.

What about icing aloft?
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:46:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Seriously?

One hour?

Is that it?

That's margin of error in planning, that's not even a delay in my book.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:50:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I refuse to fly into Ohare airport. Those people are the epitomy of fucked up

I definitely avoid them in the winter.

In the summer, sometimes they are a quicker alternative to Dallas when it's all backed up with thunderstorms.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:52:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Union
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:55:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Last year I was on a plane that deiced three times and still never took off out of ORD.  The amount of time it takes to get  a crew to the plane, and the runway configuration makes for a fun time in bad weather.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:00:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Seriously??  How often do you fly??  Between the TSA and the airport management, that is PDQ service, lol.

Take your Prozac and surf ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:16:35 AM EDT
[#15]
3 hours in ORD thats barely enough time to get drunk at that little bar behind Mcd's in ORD

I've done 8 in ORD

9 in ATL and a whopping 10 in YYZ

fuck canada
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:20:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Me, me, me, me, me. Now, now, now, now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:22:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I sat at the gate for an hour in Miami yesterday while Delta tried to figure out what was leaking on the port side engine.  

Their excuse (seal need to seat once engine was turned on) was a little flimsy, but we made it to Atlanta.
PS...that was my 56th flight on Delta this year and I can count on my right hand the delays this year.   In the big picture things generally run smoothly.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:23:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

well it is annoying to fly and it is a service it should be about the customer.

thats sorta like making fun of someone at high end restaurant  for wanting their steak done the way they asked and delivered to their tables within a reasonable time.

customer service in this country is a lost art
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:27:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Union

I was just waiting for someone from a southern state to say this. Or blame it on Obama, or Chicago's gun policies, or liberals.

I'm thinking if I ever involve myself in Chicago politics, the third largest city in the country, that I am going to assemble a team of advisors from places like Georgia, Oklahoma, Mississippi, perhaps Alabama.

If only Illinois and Chicago could learn the secrets of success from places like Tulsa or Mobile, perhaps New Orleans or Jackson, perhaps we wouldn't STILL have people living in the fucking woods in clans and shacks.

I'll put you on my short list for my lead advisor.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:30:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats sorta like making fun of someone at high end restaurant  for wanting their steak done the way they asked and delivered to their tables within a reasonable time.

I agree customer service is over. Call any "professional" business i.e. a bank, attorney, insurance company and try and find someone who will even attempt to help you (as a paying customer) let alone be able to answer a simple question is impossible, period. The last 10-15 years it has become maddening.

But comparing O'Hare, and Chicago weather and the toll it takes on air traffic to a steak in a restaurant is riduculous. And getting in an airplane in the middle of winter in Chicago and expecting everything to go your way is how a child views the world.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:32:26 AM EDT
[#21]
I waited in the cell phone lot at o'hare for 4 hours Tuesday night...fuck off.

I did get propositioned by a hooker though.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:37:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Take it one step further, avoid Chicago...
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:40:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree customer service is over. Call any "professional" business i.e. a bank, attorney, insurance company and try and find someone who will even attempt to help you (as a paying customer) let alone be able to answer a simple question is impossible, period. The last 10-15 years it has become maddening.

But comparing O'Hare, and Chicago weather and the toll it takes on air traffic to a steak in a restaurant is riduculous. And getting in an airplane in the middle of winter in Chicago and expecting everything to go your way is how a child views the world.

no its not, im paying for a service. If they have problems with crews/equipment they need to  plan for this sort of thing. If it costs us more it costs us more.

there is no reason 95% of flights can't be within 15 mins of their scheduled time, i know its a big job but they need to get it together.

why you think the defeatist view that i should expect to waste my life in the airport waiting should be the norm is a different question.

its the provider that needs to improve their service not the consumer who needs to lower their expectations.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:45:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no its not, im paying for a service. If they have problems with crews/equipment they need to  plan for this sort of thing. If it costs us more it costs us more.

there is no reason 95% of flights can't be within 15 mins of their scheduled time, i know its a big job but they need to get it together.

why you think the defeatist view that i should expect to waste my life in the airport waiting should be the norm is a different question.

its the provider that needs to improve their service not the consumer who needs to lower their expectations.

Perhaps if you have brain or heart surgery someday, you should also expect the same type of results you'd get when ordering a steak? I mean, a brain surgeon should work on your schedule.

I think you should take a trip over to O'Hare and explain to them how it needs to be done. I'm sure it's a simple problem being over-looked by union idiots and FAA officials that you can easily explain to all of them and then bunnies and rainbows would line the runways like a patina.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:46:16 AM EDT
[#25]
About 3 years ago, I was flying from Cleveland to Omaha thru O'Hare.
I ended up staying in the airport over night due to missing the connection to Omaha.
I was suprise that airport literally shuts down at night, no bars, no food, nothing.
What was funny was seeing the cleaning crews sound asleep on chairs about 2AM.
From now on, I always give my connections more than enough time between flights to avoid this again.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:51:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Yeah , OHare pretty much sux . They just suck that much harder in the winter.

A few hours late isnt that unusual this time of year .......I was a day late getting back from Chile
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:53:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I ended up staying in the airport over night due to missing the connection to Omaha.

I was suprise that airport literally shuts down at night, no bars, no food, nothing.

I had a similar experience in ATL. The busiest airport in the world (nearly 60 million passengers) was dead that night.
You could have colored me shocked.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:54:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Plan accordingly and avoid O'Hare in the winter months. It's not hard.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:01:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Anyone whom bitches about O'Hare has obviously never flown into LaGuardia or LAX.

When I was in the music industry, I flew all the time. When Sony couldn't get me into Newark, I'd have to fly into LaGuardia, whic is a shit show.

I once sat on the runway at LAX in the fucking plane for 3 hours post 9/11.

Three hours is nothing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:02:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a similar experience in ATL. The busiest airport in the world (nearly 60 million passengers) was dead that night.

You could have colored me shocked.

I have flown in and out of there a bunch of times flying down to the Carribbean mon, terrible airport.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:03:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps if you have brain or heart surgery someday, you should also expect the same type of results you'd get when ordering a steak? I mean, a brain surgeon should work on your schedule.

I think you should take a trip over to O'Hare and explain to them how it needs to be done. I'm sure it's a simple problem being over-looked by union idiots and FAA officials that you can easily explain to all of them and then bunnies and rainbows would line the runways like a patina.

1. air travel logistics are not brain surgery its a service industry health care is not a service industry its healthcare

2. I've tried, they where on their union mandated break.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:05:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anyone whom bitches about O'Hare has obviously never flown into LaGuardia or LAX.

When I was in the music industry, I flew all the time. When Sony couldn't get me into Newark, I'd have to fly into LaGuardia, whic is a shit show.

I once sat on the runway at LAX in the fucking plane for 3 hours post 9/11.

Three hours is nothing.

since i am based out of philly i've never needed to fly to laguardia i have flow into and out of LAX it was crowed as fuck but i've been lucky and every flight in/out was on time for me
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:12:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

1. air travel logistics are not brain surgery its a service industry health care is not a service industry its healthcare

[/quote]

FAIL

You need to work on grade school spelling before you tackle the airline industry.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:18:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Look on the bright side, you got home.  You could have been sleeping in the airport waiting for a 9am flight.

Has happened to me.

RF
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:27:00 AM EDT
[#35]
ORD, for its faults, is actually not a bad launching point to fly to the Orient.  United typically flys from ORD to NRT (Tokyo) by skirting the Arctic Circle.  In that way they save a ton of miles –– and your time.  I believe the flight from SFO to NRT is the same time as ORD to NRT (14 hours, give or take).  

While I too have had problems flying through ORD, the time savings I get when I fly to the Orient makes it worth the risk.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:39:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FAIL

You need to work on grade school spelling before you tackle the airline industry.[/quote]

durr hurr

you quote as good as i spell

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:40:16 AM EDT
[#37]
BTW johnny rockets in the US air terminal is great for breakfast
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:42:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Do you know why I'm posting this thread at 3AM? Do you know why I didn't get home until 2AM?

ORD

You'd think a fucking airport that is world-renown for being busy would learn a thing or two and get decent ground crews, but instead I lost 3 hours of my fucking life tonight to that God-forsaken hell hole of an airport because they can't wrangle together enough deicing crews to prevent every flight from having to wait ONE FUCKING HOUR to taxi-in or to depart.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/ShKirby/Miscellaneous/ffffuuuu.jpg

Only three hours?  Pfft Thats pussy shit

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:45:22 AM EDT
[#39]
I would much rather spend a couople hours on the ground getting de-iced than to have the plane de-ice itself when it crashes.....
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:46:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Meh. I've used ORD countless times and the only problem I had was a flight cancellation due to a storm at my destination (DFW).

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:48:30 AM EDT
[#41]
ORD sucks ass!
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:55:51 AM EDT
[#42]
I remember watching a video of the plane crash in the Ptomac River.  I would not complain about waiting for de-icing.  That is why the Washingon flight crashed on takeoff.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:59:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Union

I was just waiting for someone from a southern state to say this. Or blame it on Obama, or Chicago's gun policies, or liberals.

I'm thinking if I ever involve myself in Chicago politics, the third largest city in the country, that I am going to assemble a team of advisors from places like Georgia, Oklahoma, Mississippi, perhaps Alabama.

If only Illinois and Chicago could learn the secrets of success from places like Tulsa or Mobile, perhaps New Orleans or Jackson, perhaps we wouldn't STILL have people living in the fucking woods in clans and shacks.

it's unlikely you'd be able to find a team from the South willing to go into some fucked up yankee state
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 6:25:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

And where were you flying to?  Yesterday sucked ass for air travel.  The people running the airline you don't know exist, the pilots, the de-icing folks, etc are all not out to get you, I promise.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 6:29:40 AM EDT
[#45]
I have flown all over the world and O'Hare gets my award for the most messed up airport with the worst staff. Security managed to combine being both super lax and taking freaking forever.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 6:31:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Union

it's unlikely you'd be able to find a team from the South willing to go into some fucked up yankee state

I think that went right over your head.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 6:33:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have flown all over the world and O'Hare gets my award for the most messed up airport with the worst staff. Security managed to combine being both super lax and taking freaking forever.

In that case, I submit you have not "flown all over the world."  That is simply not possible for me to believe, no matter how much bias a person could have against O'Hare.

I agree you may have flown to a few major airports in western countries, and when the weather was good and nobody was on strike.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Union

no it didn't , it was just the usual yankee elitism. it's funny how people are leaving the north to move to the South when the South is so fucked up and we're a bunch of dumbasses.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Union

It's easy to vindicate a point here with linguistic and mental trickery. Use the Force
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 7:15:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Union

no it didn't , it was just the usual yankee elitism. it's funny how people are leaving the north to move to the South when the South is so fucked up and we're a bunch of dumbasses.

People have always made their money in places like Chicago and then vacationed/retired in places like AZ due to the weather. This is a very vital part of the Southern economy-yankee money.

Had the South won the war, impossibility, the Confederate States of America would have begged to re-enter the union by the 1950's as it would have been a third world shit hole along the lines of Angola.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top