Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/5/2006 11:44:19 AM EDT
My PS90 finally arrived! I'll take a few pics to stave off the "worthless w/o pics" folks but warning: There will be lots of styrofoam everywhere.

The local PD inspected/registered it as a pistol and never seen a firearm like this. I gave the LEO some pointers on how to open the action and I don't think they've heard of 5.7x28 before because they had to put it down as 224 (the diameter of the bullets).

I got quite a few evil looks and some weird looks.

Problem 1: I have no idea how to use the optic. I can't see the circle dot in daylight nor can I see the open "T" tritium reticule in the darkness. All I see is a blank "view".

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Officially, the first of the 'worthless w/o pics' folks has arrived.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Pics?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Pics?

+
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#4]
If they registered it as a pistol, does that mean that you can cut off the extra barrel length?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Tag for pics......maybe????
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Check it out?  I dont see nothing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#8]
wow!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#9]
pics
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Tag for pending pics.

Let's see that pistol!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Wanna sell it
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:59:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Pics or shens.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If they registered it as a pistol, does that mean that you can cut off the extra barrel length?

That's what I want to know!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:01:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

HELL YEAH MAN!  That's exactly what he can do.  People here in Mich don't see a lot of things.  Hell, even AR-15's aren't that popular with "most folks".  If it's not a BOLT ACTION for hunting the PD don't understand why you would want it.

The bigger question is, who the hell in Mich can cut and thread that barrel?

thread it for a flash hider since getting a CAN is a no-no.  stupid State.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
My PS90 finally arrived! I'll take a few pics to stave off the "worthless w/o pics" folks but warning: There will be lots of styrofoam everywhere.

The local PD inspected/registered it as a pistol and never seen a firearm like this. I gave the LEO some pointers on how to open the action and I don't think they've heard of 5.7x28 before because they had to put it down as 224 (the diameter of the bullets).

I got quite a few evil looks and some weird looks.

Problem 1: I have no idea how to use the optic. I can't see the circle dot in daylight nor can I see the open "T" tritium reticule in the darkness. All I see is a blank "view".

Doesn't the optic require batteries?  Did it come with any instructions?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:04:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:05:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would you like an all-expenses-paid extended stay at Club Fed? Michigan calling it a pistol would NOT make it anything but an unregistered SBR in the eyes of the BATFE (unless you paid the tax prior to cutting the barrel).
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#19]
MI requires firearms with 16" or longer barrels that have a fixed/folding/telescoping shoulder stock, with an overall length between 26" and 30" to be registered as pistols. It's stupid, but officially it's a "pistol".

The optic is supposed to be a circle w/ a dot during daytime, and a red open "T" at night. I see nothing through the lens.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The optic is supposed to be a circle w/ a dot during daytime, and a red open "T" at night. I see nothing through the lens.

Is there a lense cover? If so, did you take it off?

If not, did you read the manual?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm going to read the manual now. It needs a detail strip and full cleansing. There's a LOT of oil covering it for protection during shipment, and the styrofoam is all over the place (in the bore)
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:09:17 PM EDT
[#22]
tag
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would you like an all-expenses-paid extended stay at Club Fed? Michigan calling it a pistol would NOT make it anything but an unregistered SBR in the eyes of the BATFE (unless you paid the tax prior to cutting the barrel).

The PS90 is a rifle / pistol. It's a rifle in the respect it has a 18.5" barrel, but it is a pistol in the respect that its between 26" and 30". Over 30", it would have just been a normal rifle.

I am talking about the FEDERAL definition of a rifle or pistol. Club Fed ain't for state crimes.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/mfingar/Misc/needpic.jpg

Oh, and +1

very funny!~

tag for "pistol" updates
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HELL YEAH MAN!  That's exactly what he can do.  People here in Mich don't see a lot of things.  Hell, even AR-15's aren't that popular with "most folks".  If it's not a BOLT ACTION for hunting the PD don't understand why you would want it.

I think the ATF would have a problem with your pistol with a shoulder stock.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Talk to me of the trigger. How does it feel?

It LOOKS like it will be long, gritty, and difficult to accurately shoot with.

(I'm not going to buy one, I like cool looking guns though, and this definitely qualifies)
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm ASSuming you mean a silencer right?  If that is the case, you are wrong if the AG's new opinion (7183) is interpreted correctly (the one that makes non C&R Machine guns LEGAL in MI)
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#28]
registered???
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
registered???

Yup
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I have with me the MSP Pistol registration card (Green Card)

Make of Pistol: FN
Model: PS90
Shot: 30
Cal: 224

The trigger pull actually feels very "direct" and tactile. I'll get a trigger pull measurement.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I hope someone makes some kind of a fake can for it to cover the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:25:21 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Fake shit is Teh Ghey.
Either put a real can on it, cut it down and register it, or leave it be.
We worked too hard to let the AW ban expire to start airsoft-ing our victories.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

The trigger pull actually feels very "direct" and tactile. I'll get a trigger pull measurement.

Do they neuter the magazines in MI?  I thought it was a 50-round magazine?

Nice piece, BTW!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:31:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do they neuter the magazines in MI?  I thought it was a 50-round magazine?

Nice piece, BTW!

Nope, no neutered mags in MI.  FN is shipping the civilian PS90s with 30rd mags (that just happen to be easily converted into 50rd mags).
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#35]
price ??
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#36]
trigger Pull:

7-8 lb
It's not a long pull (certainly not  like a Glock). I'd say something like the stock AR-15 trigger.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:34:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
price ??

What he said.....
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fake shit is Teh Ghey.

suppressor is a no no in his state.   threading the barrel might have something to do with the AWB, but suppressors don't have anything to do with no more AWB.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#39]
If there's anything else you want photos of (parts of the rifle if you have questions) let me know.
I was curious about the mag release (i have to figure it out, but initially it is a PITA to use) and optics.
It looks like there's a cut in the barrel that allows a front sling mount, the middle sling mount is in the optic assembly, and then there's the buttstock notch.
The flash hider appears to be pinned on.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:42:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fake shit is Teh Ghey.

suppressor is a no no in his state.   threading the barrel might have something to do with the AWB, but suppressors don't have anything to do with no more AWB.

Not anymore if our AGs new interpretation (opinion #7183) of the law is applied consistantly to MGs and silencers.

As the law is currently it is only illegal to have an MG/silencer without the proper federal "license" granted by the secretary of the treasury dept.  Former AG Kelly interpreted the law to mean MGs and Silencers were a no-no because the BATF doesn't issue a "license".  AG Cox has interpreted the law to mean that the $200 tax stamp for MGs and silencers is sufficient to meet the licensing requirements under the law.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fake shit is Teh Ghey.

The rifle (pistol) itself is a success of the AWB.
If the AWB were still in place, there would be no PS90 for civilian sales.

ETA:  I'm a Michigan native who suffered under oppressive pistol registrations and the inability to get a CCW, suppressor or register a MG.  My new RED STATE home of Indiana allowed all of those things with minimum hassle.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#42]
So where in MI did you get this??  Jeff
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Ooooooooo, I'd buy one if it came with that chick from Stargate.  She seriously does it for me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#44]
You do realize that reguardless of what your state/city says, the ATF and federal courts would consider that a rifle.

With that said, your local PD is completely retarded and they're going to get you into big trouble if you chop the barrel on that, even though it's a pistol to them. The ATF won't be forgiving just because the local police are ignorant.

I highly suggest you go back and get this cleared up, as you have a pistol with a butt stock.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:35:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Guys, you all seem confused on the pistol/rifle definition.  Michigan calls it a pistol in there safety inspection/registration database, that is it.  Legally it is still a rifle under both MI and Federal law.  No issues.  Jeff
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#46]
where are you guys getting these?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
You do realize that reguardless of what your state/city says, the ATF and federal courts would consider that a rifle.

With that said, your local PD is completely retarded and they're going to get you into big trouble if you chop the barrel on that, even though it's a pistol to them. The ATF won't be forgiving just because the local police are ignorant.

I highly suggest you go back and get this cleared up, as you have a pistol with a butt stock.

No he doesn't.  He has a rifle.

As you said. The federal purview is all that matters.  They say it's a rifle.

Putting feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Is it registered as a pistol? It's my understanding that it is, which would make for some problems.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#49]
the mag release operates from this position,and push to the rear with thumb/forefinger
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:38:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And carry it as a concealed weapon?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top