Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2002 7:30:54 PM EDT
I have had a VERY bad experience with someone, after countless carefree Internet Sales/Purchases. That lead me to wonder what others feel is  crappy business practice, what is normal & necessary, and what is considered above reproach.

1)Is an email confirming receipt (from either/both parties) necessary?

2)Should a Tracking number be used? If so should it be forwared ASAP?

3)How long should the seller be expected to wait for his monies before consdiering the sale null and void?

4) How long should the buyer wait to receive his tracking number/product before he considers 'something wrong' with the deal/seller? And when he thinks there is something wrong, how long do private neogotiations go one before he goes public?

Any other input would be welcome.....
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
1)Is an email confirming receipt (from either/both parties) necessary?
View Quote

In general, it is a good idea.

2)Should a Tracking number be used? If so should it be forwared ASAP?
View Quote

Yes to both.

3)How long should the seller be expected to wait for his monies before consdiering the sale null and void?
View Quote

No more than ten days IMHO, but that depends on if the buyer responds to emails.

4) How long should the buyer wait to receive his tracking number/product before he considers 'something wrong' with the deal/seller? And when he thinks there is something wrong, how long do private neogotiations go one before he goes public?
View Quote

The tracking number should be sent immediately after sending the product.  There should be no delay.  
How long the agrieved party waits depends on the email exchange and whether there are prompt replies.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#3]
1) Maybe not neccessary, but at least reassuring and curteous.

2)By sending the buyer the tracking number, it will give him the comfort of being able to know where his purchase is.

3)Unless another time period is arranged, 7-10 days should be plenty of time.

4) 2-3 days should be long enough to wait for a tracking number.  Depending on location, and shipping methods, I wouldn't stsrt worrying about my purchase until 10 days had passed.

5) Exchange phone numbers and speak at least once.

6) Always try to use USPS money orders. At least if the seller screws you, you can get the USPS on him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top