Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2001 11:02:22 PM EDT
I live in the PRK, for now. In my town there are two power plants sitting idle. These plants were built by a company named Capco. Capco built these plants as Co-Generation plants. That is they burn Ag. waste instead of natural gas. There are thousands of acres of trees, grapes ect. to supply the plants with more than enough ag. waste to run for years. What happened is that after these plants were running for about 2 years PG&E (Pacific Gas & Electric) came in and shut the plants down. I don't know if they bought them out or what but they shut them down. For years I could not figure out why they would do that.

Then I heard that because of the power shortage they were going to open one of them back up. But this time It was going to be converted to run on natural gas. I thought,"why natural gas?". Then my dad pointed it out to me. You see PG&E will sell the natural gas to the plant, making a profit, and then sell the electricity, also making a profit. That is why they shut these plants down over 8 years ago. They were not makeing ALL the money. That also explains why all the new power plants being proposed are natural gas plants.

Their are two other plants sitting idle with in 20 minutes of my house. Both of these were shut down by PG&E as well. I have called my local news and even CNN (I had to wash my phone about 6 times before I could use it again). No one in the media wanted to even check into this.

You know most companies that are having $$ problems lay off workers to cut costs. PG&E and Southern Edison have not layed anyone off. They are playing the Democrats in charge for every dime they can get. I have to take my hat off to them. They set this shit up years ago.

I love my town and my comunity but I hate Kalifornia!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 12:21:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard on the radio that there is also a generator that runs off of natural gas in the san diego area that was all ready to go online, but sdg&e decided to sell it out for parts right after the power crisis started. I will never understand why the kalidiots put up with all of that crap.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 5:38:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I for one is glad that we have this power crisis mess.  One, the state govt knows zero about the technical issues of running a business.  We have been down this road before, remember the MTBE in the gasoline debacle?  Two, those guys are so busy that they won't have time to pass any bull-$hit anti-gun laws.  All of this energy problems(gasoline & electrical) that we are having, I lay the blame square on the calif govt.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#3]
On the contrary, they have a bunch of little Easter eggs planned for us...  35 and 52 would require licenses, and others mandate safe guns, guns with integrated locks, and stuff like that.  Don't even think they won't....  If anything, they are using the power problem as a smoke screen to get away with murder.  

Literal murder.  

Why do I say this?  How many women will lose their lives this year in California, because they did not have a gun to protect themselves?  How many citizens will die because of increases in crime that come with gun legislation?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top