Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/17/2002 10:56:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 11:17:53 AM EDT
with a name like Goofy's kitchen, what did you expect???[;)]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 11:27:01 AM EDT
Here's a TIP for you. Don't go to buffet-style resturants that demand tips up front. I frequently go to a buffet place with my family and usually the busboys are pretty good in getting our table cleared of dirty dishes when we're through withn them. It is not policy at this place for the customer to leave tips to anyone, but I'll usually call the busboy over and slip him a couple bucks. They are usually very much greatfull, especially when they don't expect getting tips from customers as would a waitress would get at a regular resturant where the food is brought to you by the waitress. [b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 11:32:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 11:50:23 AM EDT
I went to this Indian place in Berkeley with 5 other people for dinner and we got royally screwed. First of all, the place ain't cheap. We were there 30 minutes before our order was taken. 1 hour after that, they brought us bread. [People who came in after us had already [u]finished[/u] their meal by this point.] 30 minutes later came our entrees. And of course, per their menu, a %15 gratuity was automatically added to the bill for parties of 6 or more. Fvkers.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 11:52:26 AM EDT
The waitresses at this place ....uhhh were they TEENAGERS?? As in "how little can I do and still get my check"?? You were expecting a swarm of starched coated waitresses at GOOFY's? hahaha sorry I couldn't help myself!![:D]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 11:56:00 AM EDT
The ONLY business I know that the proprietor gets the customers to pay employees salaries![IMG]http://216.40.241.68/contrib/blackeye/hihi.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 2:46:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:03:38 PM EDT
Thanks fo rthe warning...I don't go to those places anymore...kids all grown but have a granddaughter....oh ,I can't wait! hahaha The last time I went to Chucky Cheese I swore I would I would castrate myself before I ever set foot in one ever again....damn what a cluster-fv(k!! I actually witnessed a kid puke and another kid slipped and fell in it..got up and kept going...noone ever cleaned it up![shock][puke]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:06:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:15:57 PM EDT
The bad thing about Goofy's Kitchen is that the food sux too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:38:39 PM EDT
I can be a grumpy old fart - I would have walked out and told them why! When the kids whined "why", tell them you do not patronize crooks!
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 7:03:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2002 8:20:44 PM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 7:20:17 PM EDT
I tip %15 for normal service. but something that will make you loose your tip are: being rude me having to ask for more water, tea, etc. repeatedly interrupting the conversation at the table to ask if you can fill the water, tea, etc. forgetting to put silverware on the table. me having to ask for the check. (you cleared the plates and I told you I don't want desert. you figure it out). bringing half the plates of food and then waiting more than 10 minutes before bringing the rest. slow service, bad tasting or cold food.(i know it's not your fault but that's just to bad).
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 8:18:37 PM EDT
I hate to break it to you, but as a Californian you should know by now that anything having to do with Disneyland and food is not going to be good, not to mention easy on the wallet. But if the kids had fun, well, screw it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 8:52:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By fizassist: I went to this Indian place in Berkeley with 5 other people for dinner and we got royally screwed. First of all, the place ain't cheap. We were there 30 minutes before our order was taken. 1 hour after that, they brought us bread. [People who came in after us had already [u]finished[/u] their meal by this point.] 30 minutes later came our entrees. And of course, per their menu, a %15 gratuity was automatically added to the bill for parties of 6 or more. Fvkers.
View Quote
Your mistake was to look at the menu, and then ask in a loud voice: [center][size=3][b]WHAT'S IT TAKE TO GET A DECENT STEAK IN THIS PLACE?!?[/b][/size=3][/center][}:D]
Top Top