Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/7/2004 9:44:39 AM EST
Putin refuses to negotiate with Chechen rebels
In an interview late Monday with foreign journalists and academics, Putin again rejected Western calls for negotiations with Chechen rebel representatives, Britain’s Guardian daily reported.

“Why don’t you meet Osama bin Laden, invite him to Brussels or to the White House and engage in talks, ask him what he wants and give it to him so he leaves you in peace?,” the Guardian quoted Putin as saying sarcastically.

“You find it possible to set some limitations in your dealings with these bastards, so why should we talk to people who are child-killers?”

Putin said foreigners should have “no more questions about our policy in Chechnya” after the attackers shot children in the back, and said the Chechen cause was aimed at undermining all of southern Russia and majority-Muslim regions of the country.

I wish we all had this kind of attitude. We would stomp out alot of this shit. No negotiaions, Just fucking get up and kick the shit out of them. Which is what I hope russia does.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:47:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By chrism101:

I wish we all had this kind of attitude. We would stomp out alot of this shit. No negotiaions, Just fucking get up and kick the shit out of them. Which is what I hope russia does.

Yep! +1
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:47:32 AM EST
Semi-dupe.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:48:54 AM EST
I agree with him 100%! He has exactly the right mindset, and America needs to buy into that mindset!

You don't happen to have a link for this article do you?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:52:05 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 9:52:45 AM EST by knightsar]
The thing about Russia is they don't bluff. The terrorist are going to be getting some PAYBACK!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:54:47 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:11:22 AM EST
Eventually the world will have had enough of ISLAM.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:12:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By markm:

Hopefully that time will come before we lose too many more innocent school children!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:22:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By motown_steve:

Originally Posted By markm:

Hopefully that time will come before we lose too many more innocent school children!

I fear that's what it may take to wake up some of the dumb dumbs in our country!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:52:40 AM EST
I wish there was some way to let Putin know that there are a lot of people like us in the "West" that aren't sissified pansies that want him to negotiate.

I personally think that chechnya should be turned into a glass paved parking lot educational center or maybe a re-forested preserve. Has anyone seen that website about how Chernobyl is doing after all these years? Something along those lines.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:58:36 AM EST
okay, i feel him, but why is chechyna not being overrun by pissed-off storm troopers yet? any word on any sort of mobilization?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:03:53 AM EST
The old Russia would have killed them all by now. The new sensitive Russia is missing some of that flair, unfortunatly. But they still have bigger balls than any other country. Mess with them, they kill you. Simple enough. A good SOP I think.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:15:45 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 11:18:31 AM EST by Dave_A]
Oh, one sidenote...

Putin's badguys are all in one spot, basically... So he can go after their bases (again) and so on...

Kind of like OBL's folks in Afganhistan were pre-OEF...

We've exhausted our supply of fixed targets, having defeated them all...

Unless you're going to advocate genocide, the Iraq/Afganhistan template is the appropriate one to use...

We do not negotiate with terrorists either... Which is good...

On the other hand, we are not going to go charging off into some half-baked holy war, and throw away all the progress we've made in the process...

Victory in the WOT lies in keeping religeon out of it. If they want to cry 'Holy War', let them, but it is in OUR best interest to make it a campaign of liberation, not a blood feud...

The World isn't going to t'Get sick of Islam', we are not going to 'kill them all', so get past it. We're civilized, we don't do that.

The only way to victory is the same one persued in the Cold War. We must win the idelogical battle as well as the military one. If we fail in either, we lose the whole thing...

It is a good thing that our leadership doesn't make decisions based on who's dead bodies are on the evening news...

When you get all waorked up about the latest attack, about how 'monsterous' the enemy is, you're playing into their hands... You're allowing yourself to be terrorized. What they do is unacceptable, and it must be stopped. But it is equally unacceptable to blame 2.3 million people, most of whom live in societies where they have no voice, simply because they follow the same religeon as the monsters.

Calculated Retaliation not Revenge, Victory not Vendetta... Clear?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:21:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By Sierra_Hombre:
okay, i feel him, but why is chechyna not being overrun by pissed-off storm troopers yet? any word on any sort of mobilization?

The Russians are allready IN Chechnya... They overran it years ago after the Chechens invaded a member of the CIS (Another muslim-leaning republic, Dagastan, IIRC), burned the capital to the ground, etc...

Despite fighting a no-holds-barred war, they're not exactly having the greatest time of it...
Top Top