Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2002 11:03:43 AM EDT
Cruise, whose character became similarly disillusioned with America in Born on the Fourth of July, said raising children in the U.S. is a risky business. He said he could no longer keep his 'eyes wide shut' to America's terrorism threat, crime, faltering financial status and corporate corruption.

Maybe he will join his kids and leave too!

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,56676,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I find it ironic that Mr Cruise makes his living acting in movies that show the US as a very violent place. They do this to make money for themselves. Now he's whining about violence in a place that in reality has never been safer. He's not part of the solution. I hope he leaves.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Since when does pointing out the flaws in your country make you such a bad person? Would you prefer no one talked about terrorism threat, crime, faltering financial status and corporate corruption so that they could continue un-affected?

Admitting whats wrong is the first step in making things right. And I would say its a good thing he is trying to make others realize that things don't have to be the way they are.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Scarecrow...  See above comment from Astro.  'nuf said.

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Scarecrow...  See above comment from Astro.  'nuf said.

View Quote

Ahh, that was posted while I was typing up my reply. Its true he is probably just talking this shit to bring more attention to himself. In reality if he gave a shit he would take a few million, buy a few lawyers and congressmen, and set out upon himself to right this wrong.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top