Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2004 10:26:16 AM EDT
1.)  Is Armalite the only manufacturer that has plans to market a pre/post AR w/ all the goodies on it in one nice neat package?  So far I haven't seen ANY other manufacturer indicate that the SOP would be to sell a nice package like that.

2.) Will we finally be able to get decent 30 rounders, or are we still gonna be scvrounging for old GIs & hoping the Thjermolds we buy are decent ones?  Any Manufacturer planning on doing this?

3.) I have a Beretta Storm CX4.  Great gun, but limited by 10-15 round quality mags - everything above that is a crapshoot in terms of quality.   Does anyone know if manufact. quality high caps will be made available now???  

4.) Again w/ the highcaps (dualuse for the CX4) - will the Beratta 92's and the Glocks see new high caps finally?  Or is there a separate provision banning high caps for handguns (and by default then for the CX4)?

Any light that could be shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#1]
1.) All other manufacturers will be doing evil features again... trust me.  They would be incredibly stupid not to.

2.) Manufacturers will keep putting out LEO mags like they have all along but they will no longer have the LEO stamp and any of us will be able to buy them.

3.) Somebody with some sense will make new 30 round Beretta 92 mags.

4.)  All handguns will ship with normal capacity mags again.

These are my predictions, but I would be willing to bet a LOT of money that I am 100% correct.  There is no reason for it to NOT go this route.

The manufacturers would be monumentally stupid to NOT go back to pre-94 procedures.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:31:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Are 10-round Beretta 92 mags limited to 10 rounds by the size/shape of the follower? They're the same size as 15-rnd mags. I'm hoping 2 new followers will net me 2 new (legal) normal-capacity mags.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:33:09 AM EDT
[#4]
If I were a manufacturer, I would wait until after the election to tool up for any new production. I would be scared that if Kerry were to win, that a new AWB would be back in place to quickly to recoup the cost.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#5]
While I don't know of anyone claiming they will sell high caps and firearms with the goodies, I believe it is safe to assume that many manufacturers will be producing them.  Also, if I'm not mistaken, I believe that all LEO/Military stamped mags and firearms will be available.  

And yes, it's very likely that both Berretta and Glock will be making high caps, and even shipping them with their firearms.  I am personally looking forward to a few 12 rounders for my HK USP45!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:38:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I highly suspect all AR manufacturers will offer the evil features you desire. That's simply because that's what the market will want and anyone who doesn't provide them will be left out.

Quality magazines should be available in great abundance. This will include USGI.

As for the Beretta mags, you may be limited to 15 rounders if quality is your goal. That's pretty much the standard. I suppose it'll be up to Beretta to make larger capacity. There likely will be 20-30 aftermarket mags, but we know how hit or miss these may be.

This will pertain to both pistol and rifle magazines. The AWB limited the round count to a maximum of 10, be it pistol or rifle.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
While I don't know of anyone claiming they will sell high caps and firearms with the goodies, I believe it is safe to assume that many manufacturers will be producing them.  Also, if I'm not mistaken, I believe that all LEO/Military stamped mags and firearms will be available.  

And yes, it's very likely that both Berretta and Glock will be making high caps, and even shipping them with their firearms.  I am personally looking forward to a few 12 rounders for my HK USP45!

Full size USP 45?  That gun is huge.  Do you carry it?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes full size, no, I don't carry it.  I am only 17.  I do plan on carrying it when I am old enough to do so legally, though.  Probably in a shoulder rig.  Luckilly, I am tall enough (6'4") that it  won't be that big in comparisson to me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I sure hope the Magazine and Arms manufacturers kick it into high gear once the AWB dies. I want there to be plenty of mags and guns for everyone.

BTW, what's so bad about Aftermarket mags? I'm looking into purchasing a few from Cheaper than dirt..... (30 rd Steel mags). They don't have any USGI AR mags tho.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Logically, couldn't they start making them now, and stop just short of the stage where they stamp the LEO markings, then finish without the markings on the 14th?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#11]
There are already plenty of pistol mags being made for law enforcement.  There will be no extra "setting up" to build these mags.  The only difference will be that the LEO stamp will become non-existent.  Same thing with AR-15 mags.

The Manufacturers know there is a market for quality 30 round mags to fit a Storm... someone will make them.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I sure hope the Magazine and Arms manufacturers kick it into high gear once the AWB dies. I want there to be plenty of mags and guns for everyone.

BTW, what's so bad about Aftermarket mags? I'm looking into purchasing a few from Cheaper than dirt..... (30 rd Steel mags). They don't have any USGI AR mags tho.

Ben

Wait--save your money for cheap USGI.

Anyone care to address that Beretta 92 mag follower Q?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm patiently waiting for Butler Creek to start making their 25 rounders for the 10/22 again.

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm patiently waiting for Butler Creek to start making their 25 rounders for the 10/22 again.

Oh yes... and with the .17 HM2 coming out... it will be the perfect combination.

I'll be getting a .17 HM2 barrel ASAP for my 10/22.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#15]
What's the big deal with the .17 anyway?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What's the big deal with the .17 anyway?

Much higher velocity than .22.

Balistic tip-style bullets.

Fun little bastard.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ben

Wait--save your money for cheap USGI.

Anyone care to address that Beretta 92 mag follower Q?

The followers and springs are the same.  It's the mag body that limits it to 10 rounds.  10-rd 92 mags are mostly single-stack, and 15-rd ones are double-stack the whole way.

I submit this as evidence:
10-rounder

15-rounder

Note the indention the length of the body in the 10-rounder?  That's the limiting factor.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#19]
An answer the the beretta mag Q is that the bottom of the follower in the hi-cap mag is hallow. The bottom of the post ban follower extends about an inch longer so it will bottom out sooner to prevent the evil five extra rounds.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#20]
hi capacity mags will be available for the beretta 92/96 series.  i was at the new Cabela's in wheeling, wv today and they have something about "if the ban expires, with the purchase of any new beretta 92/96 (or that new law enforcement carbine or whatever.  forget the name) you can send away and get 2 hi capacity mags free.  gun bought between june 1 and october 31,2004 i think.  the guy also mentioned that u can print it off somewhere online (he thought)

so, i'm thinking they'll be available.  he mentioned some 20rnds being available too (not with that offer)
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Here you go:  www.berettausa.com/product/promotions/92_96_cx4_promo/92_96_cx4_promo.htm
Seems pretty supportive and optimistic of Beretta to so this, ah?

Iso
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:02:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
An answer the the beretta mag Q is that the bottom of the follower in the hi-cap mag is hallow. The bottom of the post ban follower extends about an inch longer so it will bottom out sooner to prevent the evil five extra rounds.

Look at the pictures I posted.  It's clear that the mag body physically prevents 15 rounds of 9mm, regardless of follower.  They put a dent along the length of the body which effectively narrows the emasculated magazine to single-stack status.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top