Page / 3
Posted: 9/18/2009 3:23:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/18/2009 3:33:11 AM EST by glockO]
POLES: USA SOLD US TO RUSSIA!

Poles, Czechs: US missile defense shift a betrayal

Sep 18 08:10 AM US/Eastern
By VANESSA GERA
Associated Press Writer
WARSAW, Poland (AP) - Poles and Czechs voiced deep concern Friday at President Barack Obama's decision to scrap a Bush-era missile defense shield planned for their countries.

"Betrayal! The U.S. sold us to Russia and stabbed us in the back," the Polish tabloid Fakt declared on its front page.

Polish President Lech Kaczynski said he was concerned that Obama's new strategy leaves Poland in a dangerous "gray zone" between Western Europe and the old Soviet sphere.

Recent events in the region have rattled nerves throughout central and eastern Europe, a region controlled by Moscow during the Cold War, including the war last summer between Russia and Georgia and ongoing efforts by Russia to regain influence in Ukraine. A Russian cutoff of gas to Ukraine last winter left many Europeans without heat.

The Bush administration's plan would have been "a major step in preventing various disturbing trends in our region of the world," Kaczynski said in a guest editorial in the daily Fakt and also carried on his presidential Web site.

Secretary of Defense Robert Gates said he still sees a chance for Poles and Czechs to participate in the redesigned missile defense system. But that did not appear to calm nerves in Warsaw or Prague.

Kaczynski expressed hopes that the U.S. will now offer Poland other forms of "strategic partnership."

In Prague, Czech Foreign Minister Jan Kohout said he made two concrete proposal to U.S. officials on Thursday in hopes of keeping the U.S.-Czech alliance strong: for the U.S. to establish a branch of West Point for NATO members in Central Europe and to "send a Czech scientist on the U.S. space shuttle to the international space station."

An editorial in Hospodarske Novine, a respected pro-business Czech newspaper, said: "an ally we rely on has betrayed us, and exchanged us for its own, better relations with Russia, of which we are rightly afraid."

The move has raised fears in the two nations they are being marginalized by Washington even as a resurgent Russia leaves them longing for added American protection.

The Bush administration always said that the planned system—with a radar near Prague and interceptors in northern Poland—was meant as defense against Iran. But Poles and Czechs saw it as protection against Russia, and Moscow too considered a military installation in its backyard to be a threat.

"No Radar. Russia won," the largest Czech daily, Mlada Fronta Dnes, declared in a front-page headline.

Obama said the old plan was scrapped in part because the U.S. has concluded that Iran is less focused on developing the kind of long-range missiles for which the system was originally developed, making the building of an expensive new shield unnecessary.

The replacement system is to link smaller radar systems with a network of sensors and missiles that could be deployed at sea or on land. Some of the weaponry and sensors are ready now, and the rest would be developed over the next 10 years.

The Pentagon contemplates a system of perhaps 40 missiles by 2015, at two or three sites across Europe.

Who cares. WE have Russia as an Ally

eta
missile defense link
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:24:27 AM EST
No obama sold them out.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:26:04 AM EST
Come on, he would sell his African grandmother if it made America look bad.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:26:55 AM EST
Well, that the fuck do you expect from a communist.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:28:56 AM EST
while I DO NOT AGREE with the big O on any policy, ..............

this just goes to show, that if you base your safety ( or finances, prosperity, health, etc.) on any other person or country, you will ALWAYS be let down at some point.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:29:30 AM EST
And what did Obama get from Russia in return?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:30:37 AM EST
Free healthcare for illegals isn't cheap, ya know.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:30:39 AM EST

Originally Posted By Mazeman:

A knuckle bump.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:31:42 AM EST
That's the 'Hope" part of "Hope & Change". You better "Hope" that Mother Russia doesn't pick a fight again...

If the Obama Admin expects the Russians to 'play fair', he's a worse student of history than I thought. Only the US and Britian are stupid enough to walk away from positions of power hoping that setting such an example will be a model for others to follow.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:32:08 AM EST
OBAMA IS A FUCKING COMMUNIST!!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:32:41 AM EST
first the raptors, now the missel shield, whats next Obama??? the marines ?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:34:01 AM EST
Obama is doing unfathomable damage to this country. It will take generations to recover, if at all.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:35:11 AM EST
As someone with Polish heritage, we've been sold down the river by other Presidents. Makes me sad.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:35:42 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/18/2009 3:37:59 AM EST by BillSouthCarolina]
It isn't just Obama though!
Those poor Poles.

We've drawn them in to a war over WMD's in Iraq that didn't turn out to exist so they feel f*cked.

They haven't received subsitantial contract in the reconstruction of Iraq so they feel f*cked

They joined us in Afghanistan to capture or kill Al-Quaida in Afghanistan which 8 years down the road our it seems our goverment was never dedicate to achieve, so the Poles once again feel f*cked.

They drew the ire from the Russians by allowing the installation of defensive means on their soil which turnes out isn't going to happen anyway, so they feel f*cked.

They gave our CIA/NSA/ETC a place to torture and question terrorists on their soil and what happens? some of our politicians leak it to the press so once again the Poles feel f*cked.

It's dawning on the Poles by about now that we're better than the Russians and Germans to have around but aren't all that as a friend.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:37:16 AM EST
If the USA was a real friend to Poland , they would have shelved the Visa requirements years ago.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:37:22 AM EST
They should have known this would happen. Georgia's ass was left flapping in the wind last year when Russia invaded, and Obama is worse than Bush. SSDD.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:37:39 AM EST
Originally Posted By sweetsourp0rk:
first the raptors, now the missel shield, whats next Obama??? the marines ?

SSHHH...Don't give him any ideas!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:47:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By VLODPG:
If the USA was a real friend to Poland , they would have shelved the Visa requirements years ago.

Then there's that, any Saudi can come on a waiver while a Pole has to stand in a line at the consulate with paperwork coming out of the wazoo.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:48:00 AM EST
I was talking to my cousin in Warsaw yesterday and there are a lot of pissed off people in Poland right now.

Fuck Obama.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:48:44 AM EST
Originally Posted By sixnine:
No obama sold them out.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:52:10 AM EST
Did Ø sell them out or just give them away?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:02:21 AM EST
Originally Posted By AKSig:
I was talking to my cousin in Warsaw yesterday and there are a lot of pissed off people in Poland right now.

Fuck Obama.

As well they should be...

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:05:36 AM EST
Why would Obama care?
It's only a bunch of white people.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:06:31 AM EST

Only time will tell.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:14:04 AM EST
obama sold em out
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:17:23 AM EST
Over the past few years,we've had many Poles working here on H1 visas and as a positively sterotyping rule,they are fucking awesome people! Really cool dudes and cute girls.

Obama thinks that playing nice to the neighborhood bully makes you their friend.Russia,Iran,Venezuela...they're not acting in their best interests.No,they're acting in "The World's" best interest.Such is the faulty logic of an unintelligent globalist.

It's not just embarassing and hurtful to our allies, it's goddamned rediculous.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:18:33 AM EST
And the already minuscule chance of Polish SKSs being imported to America goes right out the window.

Oh and it sucks that those people got thrown under Obamas campaign bus. Maybe once we get a person that actually has some integrity in the office they'll actually fulfill promises we make.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:18:43 AM EST
Originally Posted By Rocksarge:
obama sold em out

Yep. It wasn't the USA. It was Obama.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:19:12 AM EST
I dont see how effective the "new and improved" system will be............provided there is one, and this isnt a ruse to spend money on frivolous stuff
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:20:09 AM EST
Any country that considers the U.S. as its friend and ally better think real hard about the reality of this pos in the WH.

HH
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:22:11 AM EST
Emilio Mola Vidal
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:24:11 AM EST
Why don't we just put up a permanent hot-link to Drudge on the opening page?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:24:38 AM EST
Originally Posted By ar10er:
Come on, he would sell his African grandmother if it made America look bad.

Sad but true.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:28:16 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:30:20 AM EST
Originally Posted By ohiobr:
And the already minuscule chance of Polish SKSs being imported to America goes right out the window.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii140/roomie21/87186560yq9.jpg

Oh and it sucks that those people got thrown under Obamas campaign bus. Maybe once we get a person that actually has some integrity in the office they'll actually fulfill promises we make.

Poland never made SKS's, only stocks.

Fuck Obama. Poland DESERVES the support of NATO, and it looks like they are getting fucked. Again.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:30:36 AM EST

The Russians promised they wouldn't send military aid to states that secede.

Only half kidding...

TC

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:32:00 AM EST
Originally Posted By VTHOKIESHOOTER:
Obama is doing unfathomable damage to this country. It will take generations to recover, if at all.

Same here. I've even lived in Poland for a time. Trust me when I say that they were probably our last truly loyal friend in the world up until yesterday.
Obama, the fucking a-hole has just done what the Allied "leadership" did to Poland after WW2 - sold them out to keep the Russians happy. You see how well that worked out. The Poles actually liked Obama too. Not no mo'.

One thing I give the Poles credit for THEY wont sell out or back down to the Russians, ever. Literally for almost 1000 years they've dealt with the fuckers and they're not stopping any time soon. Our "dear leader" should actually take their advice as it's based on experience, no?
Our current administration is attempting to turn us into the biggest pussies on the planet.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:36:22 AM EST
Originally Posted By Bass-Ackwards:
Originally Posted By VTHOKIESHOOTER:

Same here. I've even lived in Poland for a time. Trust me when I say that they were probably our last truly loyal friend in the world up until yesterday.
Obama, the fucking a-hole has just done what the Allied "leadership" did to Poland after WW2 - sold them out to keep the Russians happy. You see how well that worked out. The Poles actually liked Obama too. Not no mo'.

One thing I give the Poles credit for THEY wont sell out or back down to the Russians, ever. Literally for almost 1000 years they've dealt with the fuckers and they're not stopping any time soon. Our "dear leader" should actually take their advice as it's based on experience, no?
Our current administration is attempting to turn us into the biggest pussies on the planet.

Poles hate Russians with a PASSION.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:44:37 AM EST
Barry is just trying to avoid a long, drawn-out war in that area...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:44:57 AM EST
Originally Posted By AKSig:

Next time you talk to him, tell him there are a lot of angry Americans. The Poles have been friends to us even when it wasn't politically correct, and it's a shame that O stabbed them in the back like this.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:49:18 AM EST
Dear Poland;

America didn't sell you out. The left sold you out. To the left. Same as they did in 1939. The left will always do this bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:51:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/18/2009 4:54:31 AM EST by Bass-Ackwards]

Poles hate Russians with a PASSION.

The Polish military used to have an expression back in WW2, it's translates to:
"killing Germans, it's our business. Killing Russians, it's our pleasure".

This even when they were "allies" (while the bodies of 35,000 Polish officers murdered by the soviets rotted in Katyn forest.)

Fuck the Russians and fuck Obama

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:51:57 AM EST

Contempt. He just doesn't understand that the Putins of the world only respect strength and have nothing but contempt for the weak.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:53:48 AM EST
Screw Europe!!!

We are now turning our attention to Iran. The shield is going up in that region now (that's code for Israel I think)
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:01:30 AM EST
Originally Posted By Swindle1984:
Dear Poland;

America didn't sell you out. The left sold you out. To the left. Same as they did in 1939. The left will always do this bullshit.

It would be great if some conservative politicians came out and said this.

But I won't hold my breath.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:05:03 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:10:55 AM EST
I think history is going to be harder on Obama then it is on Carter. He is trying his damndest to accomplish in one year what it took Carter four years to do. This guy is going to get a bunch of people killed.

I have this feeling that the next President is going to have to do another World Apology Tour.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:12:56 AM EST
Originally Posted By ar10er:

A knuckle bump.

A good fisting....
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:13:59 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:17:16 AM EST

Asked

Originally Posted By Hedonist:
Free healthcare for illegals isn't cheap, ya know.

and answered.

And +1 to TBK's post.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:21:55 AM EST
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-helps-strengthen-General-Electric-Putin-ties-59644627.html

Plain and simple it was to repay Jeff Immelt and the water carrying MSNBC clowns for helping the O get elected and for never ever not even once reporting anything that might make him look bad.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top