Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2001 4:08:52 PM EDT
I have carried several pocket knives over the years, Smith and Wesson 1251 auto, Kershaw, by Dan Onion, Walther to name a few, still can't find the right one. What about you boy's, what's your favorite pocket knife carry?
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#1]
this has been done, but a cheapo shrade(for my $ the best) unless i think i will run into trouble, then i carry my Auto.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I`ve [b]stuck[/b] with Emerson for a few knives. Non have worn out, in fact all look brand new and still are very, very sharp. I carry a full size Commander with the opening hook for the edge of the pocket. It is without a doubt the fastest folder  from the pocket, on the market, that includes auto`s. That and there is alot of blade do to the design.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Kershaw Ken Onion Boa, Model 1580.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Try Spyderco's line of Clipits?

They have a sturdy pocket clip for ease of inside-pocket carry, strong construction, verrry sharp, and easily deployed with one hand.

I carry the simple, but very useful Spyderco  Delica II (SS handle) in my front coin pocket; never obstructs yet I depend on it for many tasks--even for defense if I had to.

They are a heck of a value for the money.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm preferential to Benchmade stuff, the Stryker in my pocket is as sharp as ever and as smooth as silk. Quality stuff.

Hey MATTSD, how the hell does  "but a cheapo shrade(for my $ the best)unless I think I will run into trouble, then I carry my Auto"  work?... are you actively looking for trouble, or does your spider-sense go off when you get up in the morning, prompting you to put the auto in your pocket?
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Benchmade 720, plain edge.

Best knife I have ever owned.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Emerson Mach 1 and commander both with plain edge - The absolute best!!  Spyderco endura are great too...

[:d]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Benchmade.  I've got several models & all hold their edge extremely well & are easy to maintain/keep clean.  Their "blue box" tool kit will completely disassemble pretty much any & all of their new knives, & will also adjust tension.  (Of course this voids your warranty, but as long as one is relatively mechanically inclined they won't have any trouble.)
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Benchmade Stryker, nothing even comes close.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I love my Benchmade 710 Axis combo edge.  The lock system is great and it's a very high quality piece of equipment
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Benchmade Emerson. CQC-9 black teflon,1/2 serrated.
I wish I got a few at the time, theyre now discontinued.[>(]
Eric
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 10:43:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Large S&W S.W.A.T. plain edge. Tactical blade for slashing or stabbing. Works well for opening letters, boxes, pruning roses . . .

Opens with a flick of the wrist. No thumb required. Not expensive.

I have a Glock fixed, KaBar, M-9, AK bayo, Italian 11" switch blade stiletto, several Schrades, CRKT KISS, BenchMade BaliSong, Gerber, Kershaw, Case, Camillus USMC
. . .

The S&W is the one that gets carried.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 2:16:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Any opinions on CRKT???

I just ordered an M16-12SRT.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 3:25:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Benchmade/Elishewitz 910 Stryker, and a Cold Steel Trailmaster fixed.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 5:16:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Benchmade Emerson. CQC-9 black teflon,1/2 serrated.
I wish I got a few at the time, theyre now discontinued.[>(]
Eric
View Quote

I have the same thing. That coating is Birdsong Black-T. Birdsong followed Emerson when Benchmade started acting like fools.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 5:57:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Microtech SOCOM Elite
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 6:51:34 AM EDT
[#20]
depending on what im doing for the day .. Spyderco harpy. Cold steel (any folder). Al Mar any folder
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#21]
We all like many of the same firearms and the firearm fits all well..
A knife is more of a personal and comfort choice than a firearm..

Many factors enter into the choice. A simple factor is when carried the positioning of the point and blade in the pocket.
A more Complex factor? Is one's grip and fighting style.. Icepick? saber? etc etc

Slice and dice means so many different things to us all.. ;)

My personal carries? A 3.9" Cold Steel Voyager, half serrated. A CRKT Crawford Kasper.

To those that choose a handgun over an edge?? Typically an edge is faster to deploy when up close and personal than a pistol.

From the pocket to the completed strike? Is less than 3 seconds. A firearm takes longer..

In close? The edge will score lethally more than the firearm. With the edge the target must stop two lines of engagement, the weak hand to throat or eyes, the edge to throat, aorta etc.. The firearm?? Pop strong hand out, the weapon is pointed neutral and he belongs to you.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 7:16:07 AM EDT
[#22]
I like the $5 crkt and benchmade knockoffs at the gunshows. Most of them really are somewhat stainless and they've all kept an edge for me until they were lost, which typically happens in about the time it takes the next gunshow to come to town, and why I buy $5 knives.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#23]
I carry the large S&W SWAT model (pre-sellout) but I did dremel away all S&W logos since the sight of any S&W logos make me puke. Good knife and takes a beating, I've been trying to break it so I have an excuse to buy a Benchmade or something but it's pretty tough.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top