BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2002 4:52:08 AM EDT
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,60532,00.html[/url]

Here we go again...
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:55:04 AM EDT
[#1]
That's funny -

I thought PETA was trying to ban people.

Link Posted: 8/16/2002 5:00:09 AM EDT
[#2]
"They have the capacity to feel pain. They have a capacity to suffer," Friedrich said. "For reasons that really defy logic, we allow people to spend their afternoon impaling them on hooks."
View Quote

[rolleyes]

Get a freakin' life.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 5:11:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Stupid. They should ban driving. I killed a squrril and a bird this week....[:D]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 5:12:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"They have the capacity to feel pain. They have a capacity to suffer," Friedrich said. "For reasons that really defy logic, we allow people to spend their afternoon impaling them on hooks."
View Quote

[rolleyes]

Get a freakin' life.
View Quote

Now wait a minute, don't be so hasty.

Impaling PETA freaks on meat hooks is of questionable moral standing.

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! Just kidding. Go ahead and impale away.
[}:D]

Link Posted: 8/16/2002 6:50:19 AM EDT
[#5]
We should ban PETA and other idiots like them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 7:01:27 AM EDT
[#6]
[b]P[/b]eople
[b]E[/b]ating
[b]T[/b]asty
[b]A[/b]nimals

Gotta love these guys.[50]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 7:03:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Those fucking idiots, don't they know it's OK to eat fish because they don't have any feelings?
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 7:11:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Fishing with hooks is barbaric! Talk about lying in wait.

They ought to make fishermen swim underwater and hunt fishes with spearguns to make it sporting. And, they have to wear blaze orange wetsuits for safety reasons.

Link Posted: 8/16/2002 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm glad I spent 400 bucks for a life membership to B.A.S.S. As for peta, The organization took a shot at fishing came by erecteing billboards in Spanish Fork, Utah and Bossier City, Louisiana – areas that recently hosted fishing tournaments. The boards depict a dog with a fishhook imbedded in its lip. The billboard reads, “If you wouldn’t do it to a dog, why do it to a fish?”

That's it. I'm going fishing in Catskill Creek again. Then I will be fishing for snappers, flounder and blue-claw crabs in Bay Park. Look at this article: New Orleans - PETA's newest ad, featuring "good ol' boy" and reformed fisher Jay Kelly, from Montgomery, Ala., is flooding the airwaves with PETA's plea to anglers to "lay down your rod and reel and take a hike!"

The commercial, which will run on a variety of stations throughout the city beginning tomorrow, to coincide with the BASS Masters Classic, encourages people to visit PETA's fish-friendly Web site, www.NoFishing.net, which expands on PETA's point that fish feel pain when impaled on a hook and begin to die slowly when ripped from the water.

As a child, Kelly fished with his family. He now realizes that fish have feelings, too. "Fishing is just as cruel as beating a puppy," says Kelly. "When those fish on your hook move their lips, they aren't whistling Dixie, they're trying desperately to keep on breathing. They know they are suffocating to death." Kelly hopes that fishers will toss their tackle, pitch their poles for good, and take up harmless outdoor activities like hiking, badminton, and lawn-bowling.

In 1999, Linda McCartney starred in PETA's first nationwide anti-fishing television commercial, declaring September 25 "National Fish Amnesty Day."

[b] Boycott PETA. Go fishing on September 25th.[/b]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't wait for some liberal PETA weenie to come on my land and [try to] tell me that I have to stop fishing.

I catch and release all the largemouth, crappie, bluegill, cats, etc. in my pond and I aim to keep fishing and releasing just as long as I am able.  Mess with me and I'll feed 'em to the two large and ill-tempered snapping turtles that live there too.

MORONS...
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I must have a touch of dyslexia because I thought your subject line said, "PETA trying to ban [b][i]fisting[/i][/b]".
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I for one never got the concept of catch and release.I'm not against fishing though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 10:07:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Finance the pro gun lobby by purchasing a special PETA members stamp so you can hunt and shoot them!(No daily bag limits though!)[:D]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I catch and release all the largemouth, crappie, bluegill, cats, etc. in my pond and I aim to keep fishing and releasing just as long as I am able.
View Quote

"Catch and release?"  Is that anything like the "fillet and release" program implemented by anglers in areas with a particularly strong Fish and Game Warden presence? [0:)]

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fishing with hooks is barbaric!

View Quote

You're right. I prefer hand grenades. It's much less barbaric and time consuming.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 2:04:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I was watching the Spanish channel this morning and saw Maria Celeste doing a promo for PETA.  Now, I have no respect for her {b
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I was watching the Spanish channel this morning and saw Maria Celeste doing a promo for PETA.  Now I have no respect for her ( but would still bang her).

She was pushing their Spanish language website: [url]http://www.petaenespanol.com/[/url]

It is the same PETA BS, only in another language.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#19]
This won't apply to me I use dynomite for my fishing expeditions.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Someone just took his rowboat into tunatown....
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I must have a touch of dyslexia because I thought your subject line said, "PETA trying to ban [b][i]fisting[/i][/b]".
View Quote

They would never ban their own favorite sport.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#22]
i use TNT [:D]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 10:04:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Fishing with hooks is barbaric! Talk about lying in wait.

They ought to make fishermen swim underwater and hunt fishes with spearguns to make it sporting. And, they have to wear blaze orange wetsuits for safety reasons.

View Quote

I hope this is a facetious post.

Bill
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Guess sushi will be banned in CA soon. Damn there goes my fish taco's
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 12:14:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
May PETA's God be with them if they should come across me 40 miles out whilst on my favorite numbers!
View Quote

Osprey21.... nice catch!!!  

[ya evil fish murdering barbarian [:D] ]

Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:04:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Example of people not able to keep things in the proper prospective.  I'm a science teacher but these people just chap my ass.
Reminds me of a camping trip in one of the state parks where the camp ranger informed us that we couldn't use our bug zapper to zap flying insects because it was too cruel to there systems.  Just how cruel would if be when they got eaten by a bird?
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:19:07 AM EDT
[#28]
The PETA loons around here are trying to ban honey making, saying it's wrong for bees to be made to work for people!
"I'll eat anything with a face"--Ted Nugent
[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#29]
That reminds me, I haven't made it to the lake this summer at all. Gonna go respool the line, audit the tackle box, hitch up the boat, and do some fishing. May wait till tomorrow, so I can spend some time sharpening hooks today.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
[b]P[/b]eople
[b]E[/b]ating
[b]T[/b]asty
[b]A[/b]nimals

Gotta love these guys.[50]
View Quote

[url]http://www.petasucks.cc/[/url]

LOL..I recommend the bumperstickers.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#31]
I bet they want me to stop hunting and eating meat.  Yeah, when pigs fly...now that would make for some fun wing shooting.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 1:28:27 PM EDT
[#32]
I love animals. They're tasty.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Catch and release is fun. Haha, little dirty fishy. I AM SUPERIOR TO YOU. I HOLD YOUR LIFE IN MY HANDS. Hey Bob, lookie what I caught. Ok, fishy, I shall give you your life back. Goodbye little fishy. Tell your friends and neighbors!
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Fish is a vegetable where I'm from.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#35]
"Catch and Release"??...

Then I believe in "Shoot and Release".
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
"Catch and Release"??...

Then I believe in "Shoot and Release".
View Quote

I think you're only allowed to do that with a bow and arrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top