Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/8/2004 6:58:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2004 7:43:51 PM EST by FNBrowning]
I ocassionally visit other gun forums, as do we all.
This time, I was visiting Leverguns.com
"Can you trust a man that calls himself a rifleman but does not own at least one levergun?"

Remembering some of the latest PETA threads here at ARFCOM, I thought some of you would be interested in an incident where some PETA idiots really "stepped in it."
This is from a guy called "mangyelk" posting on the Leverguns.com forum:

Read the whole thread HERE: leverguns.sixgunner.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4666

Topic "just back from the range PETA? WOW"

Just came back from the shooting range, I was dinking around with
the 22 pistol, My son was at the other end waiting for me so he
could do one last set of rounds before the season opener next week.

Next thing I hear is commotion at the far end of the range where
my son is. 2 guys and some chick were yelling at him about killing
animals, and how would HE like to be shot, is what I heard. the
range Officer got up to me quickly to tell me to keep a cool head.

I handed the pistol to the range officer to keep him from worrying,
I walked up on the three and my son, he had no clue what to say, They
had no idea of my relationship to him. I asked them where they were
from, they told me Seattle, and were hitting the local ranges to
voice their opinions of killing animals.

I informed them they just made a big mistake because I am that young
mans father. And I just heard on of the guys talk about shooting
my son !!! I was pissed!! So I gave the one with the biggest mouth
a real good shove, and prepared for fisticuffs, as soon as I pushed
the one guy the other guy walked towards me, HE HE, my son caught
him on the side of the head with a decent right (he's 17 6 ft 170)
the chick started yelling for the range officer, the RO quickly
pointed out that he too overheard something about shooting my son,
And that the only reason he would call in the sheriff was because
a minor had been threatened. I made the big mouth apologize to
my son. and me. What is wrong with these idiots !! they got
in their Camery and left. this just happened about 40 minuites ago.
Be careful out there people,
mangyelk
Levergunner 1.0

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:04:05 PM EST
Nobody ever said PETA members were smart. Going to a range and making comments that could easily be seen as death threats is Darwin Award material.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:05:22 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:05:36 PM EST
Unless your son knocked out some teeth or otherwise punched that idiot totally silly, I'd have sent him to bed with no supper.

I HATE half measures!

If he DID do some serious damage, take him out for ice cream or pizza.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:06:16 PM EST
What fucktards.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:09:12 PM EST
You showed amazing self control. I don't know how you stopped yourself from stomping the vegiturds out of those idiots!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:09:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By Glock31:
Nobody ever said PETA members were smart. Going to a range and making comments that could easily be seen as death threats is Darwin Award material.

+1
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:10:59 PM EST

I wouldnt have given my pistol to the RO. I would have drawn on him and put him on the ground.
I dont have kids buts thats a threat of deadly force.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:23:32 PM EST
Ha ha ha ha.. that was wrong..

ha ha ha ha funny though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:26:40 PM EST
What Range?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:28:38 PM EST
With my luck the ending would be ------ liberal judge, life, no parole.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:34:37 PM EST
There would be some serious "atta' boy"s afterwards if I was present...

- BG
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:36:35 PM EST
LoL

A corny joke that me and my friends use when we play Halo comes to mind...

What did the rifle butt say to the head???

SMACK, BITCH!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:39:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By MissouriBob:
What Range?

piccolo, Pangea & Others;

I'm sorry if my post confused. This story was not about me!
It was pulled verbatim from the Leverguns.com forum, and the author was "mangyelk"

I am "fnbrowning" on any forum I visit. Sorry for any confusion!

MissouriBob;
mangyelk lives in the state of Washington, and he sez in another post in the same thread:
>>"these guys came from Seattle knowing that this time of year guys/gals
are at the ranges sighting in for the season. "<<

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:40:27 PM EST
Is it just me, or would most sane intelligent people shy away from starting a fight at a gun range. Expecially if I were unarmed?

PETA is filled with nutcases, freaks and idiots. Sad.

I'm glad everything turned out okay.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:40:44 PM EST
good control, I would have stapled the dumb SOB to a backer and used his fuggin head for practice
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:44:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By FNBrowning:

Originally Posted By MissouriBob:
What Range?

piccolo, Pangea & Others;

I'm sorry if my post confused. This story was not about me!
It was pulled verbatim from the Leverguns.com forum, and the author was "mangyelk"

I am "fnbrowning" on any forum I visit. Sorry for any confusion!

MissouriBob;
mangyelk lives in the state of Washington, and he sez in another post in the same thread:
>>"these guys came from Seattle knowing that this time of year guys/gals
are at the ranges sighting in for the season. "<<

Dammit! I live in WA! Why can't this happen to me when I go to the range?! I'm never one to turn down an act of public service.

FN - did he say the name of the particular range?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:47:32 PM EST
Good idea leaving the firearm with the RO. I have a question, what would happen if one of those PETA freaks came up to your range table and either A: tried to steal one of your firearms or B: tried to grab one of your firearms to damage it? What kind of force would you be authorized to use against him/her?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:48:56 PM EST
I like what Homer, Levergunner 2.0 said in the Leverguns.com thread:

There was a time when civil men acted civil and courteous because they were taught there were immediate consequences for incivility. In today’s allegedly civil society, uncivil men with no learned constraint are allowed to get away with most anything until they are met by civil men from a previous time - then they crawl under the robe of the courts and the protection of the same society that has fostered their incivility. As Jeff Cooper says, and I sadly agree, “the past is another country.”

mangyelk, hopefully you and your son's act of instruction will cause this otherwise uncivilized individual to think twice before inflicting his rude behavior upon someone else who in the next instance might not act with the same restraint you and your son exhibited.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:48:58 PM EST
I was kind of wondering why retarded people from Seattle would drive all the way to Missouri to harass armed individuals at a gun range.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:51:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2004 7:53:20 PM EST by Smitty59]

Originally Posted By captainpooby:

I wouldnt have given my pistol to the RO. I would have drawn on him and put him on the ground.
I dont have kids buts thats a threat of deadly force.

I do have kids. If some PETA asshole made some "How would you like to be shot" comment to one of my kids, I think staring down the barrel of my gun might make them understand the serious nature of that kind of remark.

What kind of douchebag walks on to a gun range and start threatening people?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:59:15 PM EST
This is great. But I'm glad the ranges here in MI at least the one I shoot at doesn't have a "range officer" what the hell is that all about??? Is that like a lifeguard at a pool? Sorry if I sound stupid, but around here its the honor system. Then again I am at a private range with a locked gate and membership dues. PETA couldn't even get in to my range.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:03:42 PM EST
hehe....me likey these happy endings!

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:04:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2004 8:05:36 PM EST by MT_Pockets]
Geeez they had to be from Washington..... Just so you know most Washintonians eat little animals.

MT
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:06:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By Thor21:
Good idea leaving the firearm with the RO. I have a question, what would happen if one of those PETA freaks came up to your range table and either A: tried to steal one of your firearms or B: tried to grab one of your firearms to damage it? What kind of force would you be authorized to use against him/her?

If the person grabbed a loaded gun (yes, I know, they are always loaded) without permission, then they are committing a FELONY, and should be beaten down hard...'nuff said!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:07:50 PM EST
I don't hunt, I wonder what PETA would bitch at me for.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:07:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By piccolo:
If he DID do some serious damage, take him out for ice cream or pizza.

The son is 17.

Make that pizza and pussy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:12:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2004 8:18:17 PM EST by TheLastBoyScout]

All I would know is that they had grabbed one of my weapons... If they did not IMMEDIATELY put it on the table, and get face down on the deck when ordered, I think I would be justified in employing LETHAL force.

It wouldn't be that hard to justify:

"Officer, that man walked in and threatened to shoot (me/my son/my brother). He then took a loaded weapon from the table. When he refused to comply with commands to replace it and get on his face, I knew he had committed one crime, and given what he had taken, was posing a lethal threat to myself and anyone else on the range. I shot to stop the threat."
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:18:05 PM EST
People Engaging in Terrorist Activitys

Fuckers should have been eliminated!!

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:19:19 PM EST
Why can't stuff like that happen around here? That would be pretty funny.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:24:19 PM EST
Then again I am at a private range with a locked gate and membership dues. PETA couldn't even get in to my range.

____________________________________________________________________________________

you sure? i had a friend in south texas on 2300 acres of family land have a problem with them while bow hunting. they didn't know he was there until he yelled at them. they were pissing around his blind. two girls in a 25 year old C-J 7...HE SAID IT BURNED SO MUCH OIL HE SMELLED THEM BEFORE HE SAW THEM!! so much for protecting the environment.

But stories like that is why i carry concealed even while i shoot.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:48:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By TheLastBoyScout:

All I would know is that they had grabbed one of my weapons... If they did not IMMEDIATELY put it on the table, and get face down on the deck when ordered, I think I would be justified in employing LETHAL force.

It wouldn't be that hard to justify:

"Officer, that man walked in and threatened to shoot (me/my son/my brother). He then took a loaded weapon from the table. When he refused to comply with commands to replace it and get on his face, I knew he had committed one crime, and given what he had taken, was posing a lethal threat to myself and anyone else on the range. I shot to stop the threat."

Fuckin A to that.

Threaten me then grab a loaded gun...my 1911 is drawn down on you and you'd better be obeying my commands to get the fuck down now.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:12:07 PM EST
From his post on the first page:

Griz the incident happened at the poulsbo club

Poulsbo Sportsman Club perhaps?

Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Dammit! I live in WA! Why can't this happen to me when I go to the range?! I'm never one to turn down an act of public service.

FN - did he say the name of the particular range?

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:19:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2004 10:20:41 PM EST by WesDesRat]

Originally Posted By IamtheNRA:

If the person grabbed a loaded gun (yes, I know, they are always loaded) without permission, then they are committing a FELONY, and should be beaten down hardshot dead...'nuff said!

fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:21:20 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:48:46 PM EST
I would drown their ass in the fishing pond if they showed up at out private range.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:25:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By newbushmaster:
I would drown their ass in the fishing pond if they showed up at out private range.

you have a fishing pond at your gun club? all I got at mine is a pond don't think any fish are in it
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:41:54 AM EST
My favorite PETA anecdote. THEY protested the blowing up of Israeli women and children because the terrorists were using donkey bombs. Poor donkeys.

Regards,
Mild Bill
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:48:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/9/2004 4:50:06 AM EST by michael_seltenright]
never mind
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:05:22 AM EST
That kind of thing never happens around here. I spend the entire deer season waiting for some idiot to try something like this so we can run him into the woods and beat the shit out of him.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:08:45 AM EST
WOW!

I would be pissed!!

sGATR15
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:10:41 AM EST
I'd love nothing more than to be confronted by PETA!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:10:56 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:19:30 AM EST

Originally Posted By Pangea:
You showed amazing self control. I don't know how you stopped yourself from stomping the vegiturds out of those idiots!

Excellent. Purloined for future use.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:24:00 AM EST
My response would have been to tell them that because of their comments - I was going to kill twice as much this year than I had planned to.

I would have also called the sheriff out and filed a complaint, because they implied shooting your son.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:58:57 AM EST
Damn, why don't we get PETA retards in Tn?
Top Top