Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2012 6:57:20 AM EDT
comparing the plight of turkeys to blacks, women and gays.....

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/11/peta-asks-obama-to-opt-out-of-turkey-pardon/

“It makes light of the mass slaughter of some 46 million gentle, intelligent birds and portrays the United States’ president as being in some sort of business partnership with the turkey-killing industry,” Newkirk wrote in a letter sent to President Obama today. “Turkeys do not need to be ‘pardoned’—they are not guilty of anything other than being born into a world of prejudice. They are innocents who should be respected for who they are: good mothers, smart birds, and interesting animals.”

“You understand so well that African-Americans, women, and members of the LGBT community have been poorly served throughout history,” Newkirk writes, “and now I am asking you to consider other living beings who are ridiculed, belittled, and treated as if their sentience, feelings, and very natures count for nothing.”
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#1]
What sentience?

When a turkey buys the house next door.. moves his family in... and becomes a productive member of society... then, I will stop eating delicous turkey.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:03:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What sentience?

When a turkey buys the house next door.. moves his family in... and becomes a productive member of society... then, I will stop eating delicous turkey slaughter them wholesale and feast on the carcasses in their own home.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:04:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree, the turkeys live out a fucked up few months due to the hormones and selective breeding for specific tasty traits. Kinder to serve 'em up.
Mmm leftover turkey noodle soup.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:06:43 AM EDT
[#4]
PETA is always good for a few laughs.  You know, in between their mass killings of dogs.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#5]
If we didn't raise these turkeys to make turkey sammiches they never would have been hatched to begin with. They should be grateful we give 46 million turkeys the opportunity to live the lives they had.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:07:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What sentience?

When a turkey buys the house next door.. moves his family in... and becomes a productive member of society... then, I will stop eating delicous turkey slaughter them wholesale and feast on the carcasses in their own home.

You beat me to it!

And BDA, you wasted post #666 on something way too benign.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:07:34 AM EDT
[#7]
What if that particular turkey is not a good mother, can I eat it without guilt?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:08:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd love to see a president immediately wring the turkeys neck then hand the bird to the chef in front of the cameras.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:12:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
PETA is always good for a few laughs.  You know, in between their mass killings of dogs.

This.  How many times have those idiots been caught dumping euthanized dogs in dumpsters?

Fido is better off dead than adopted I guess.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:15:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By PETA DIPSHITS:
“Turkeys do not need to be ‘pardoned’—they are not guilty of anything other than being born into a world of prejudice.”

No, they're guilty of being delicious.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd love to see a president immediately wring the turkeys neck then hand the bird to the chef in front of the cameras.

Vote for me then––-I'll not only do it to a turkey, I'll do it to a representative of PETA, then we'll dine on some long pork!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:16:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:17:51 AM EDT
[#13]
If elected President, I wouldn't pardon the stupid bird.  I would have it slaughtered in the Rose Garden and then offer thanks to the Almighty for His generosity.

Heck, I'd give MSNBC exclusive rights to air it.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:18:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vote for me then––-I'll not only do it to a turkey, I'll do it to a representative of PETA, then we'll dine on some long pork!

I don't know if you could top Aimless's promise to chuck live possums off the White House roof for a trap shoot.

(The trap shoot part was my idea, but he agreed. .) AIMLESS 2016!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:19:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know if you could top Aimless's promise to chuck live possums off the White House roof for a trap shoot.

(The trap shoot was my idea, but he agreed. .) AIMLESS 2016!

How about hog hunting in Texas with some A-10s.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:19:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He should agree - and violently kill a turkey with a chainsaw on national tv instead.  

Or bring out a dresser......
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#17]

What if its a black, female and gay turkey?

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
He should agree - and violently kill a turkey with a chainsaw on national tv instead.  

Or bring out a dresser......

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:27:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What sentience?

When a turkey buys the house next door.. moves his family in... and becomes a productive member of society... then, I will stop eating delicous turkey.

You've sent the bar for sentience in turkeys rather high, considering how many humans can't meet it.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:54:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Smart birds?

Wild turkeys are pretty intelligent, the domesticated ones are dumb as fuck.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:20:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Smart birds?

Wild turkeys are pretty intelligent, the domesticated ones are dumb as fuck.

Bastard, I just posted that word-for-word before reading the thread.

Arf-scooped again.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#22]
I've always wanted a President to go up to the mic for the pardoning of the turkey and say, "Screw ham.  I'm eating this fucker."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top