Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 8:15:46 PM EDT
OK This may be a lenghty one.

I am at my first service call today when the customer's phone rings. She picks it up and I hear "Yes, he is right here... want to talk to him?" and she hands me the phone. It's my oldest daughter and she says "Dad, Mom's side is hurting real bad and she wants to know if you can come home and take her to the hospital"

(Now if you know my wife, she would work through ANY pain... if her arm fell off she would just say tape it on until 5:00, THEN I will go to the doctor... she is pretty tough)

So I jam on home and take her to the hospital. As they are running tests and what not, I call the rest of my customers to say that I wont be able to make it because I had to take my bride to the hospital.

THREE of my customers said "Geez man, go be with her... dont worry about me, we can reschedule NO PROBLEM

ONE was whining "Awww man I was really looking forward to having my dishwasher fixed but I guess I dont have a choice" (NO... You dont have a choice... ass!)

THEN comes the WINNER.... "You know I understand that there are somethings that you dont plan on but we were waiting for this service call for two weeks and we dont have a dishwasher to use"

The I said "Sir, Maybe you didnt hear me, I said i was in the hospit..."

"Yes I heard you but I am sad that you cannot make it today.. can you come later or tomorrow?"

Now I'm getting irritated "Sir, I dont know... as soon as I know I will let YOU know"

FAST FORWARD... get back from the hospital and retrieve my voice mail messages. Apparantly the asshat thought I was just the worker bee and not the owner so he is WHINING on the company voicemail wondering what time can I get there tonight or tomorrow.

i called EVERY OTHER customer that I cancelled for today to give them a choice of what day they can have. I gave this asshat NEXT week to get him to go somewhere else and he whines and says "Well I guess I have to wait until Thursday but I want to be FIRST CALL"

Told him "Nope.. not available"

HE then says "I at least want a morning call"

Told him "Nope... also not available" I gave him last call of the day...

JUST FOR BEING A DICK!

(Sidenote: If he wasnt a repeat customer... was at his house fixing his dishwasher for another problem... I would have told him to fuck off. But in cases like that they can get other service companies to blame me for his "NOW" problem and come after me)
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#1]
BEST NEWS THOUGH!!!!!

Wife is gonna be fine... except for that growth she has called a "hubby"
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
So is Mrs.DrFrige okay?

Edit:  Good to hear she's gonna be okay.  And there are ways of removing those types of growths.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#3]
should have stopped by and dropped off a sponge and dishwashing soap, and told him to "knock yourself out"
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#4]
i'm so glad i'm not the only one who hates people like that too.  i spent 6 hours building a custom computer and setting it up for a guy,  installing programs and transfering data on tuesday.  on wednesday morinig he calls first thing.

..."i wanted to change my registed name and stuff in XP and so i put the disk in...and, well,  it got formated.  could you do it again?  And could you have it done by 2:00 this time?  I wanna play chess with the online chess club at 2."

needless to say, it's still sitting in the shop, untouched,  maybe i'll get around to it by next tuesday or so.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Guy was probably washing his pet tarantula in the dishwasher...

GOOD!!! those dishwasher cook the shit out of anything that is put in there... Stick 100 tarantulas in there for all I care!!!

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, he's really roughing it being without a dishwasher for two whole weeks!

Sometimes I really hope the SHTF and these idiots will start eating their own damn heads because they can't handle any disruption to their life of leisure.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:23:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Guy was probably washing his pet tarantula in the dishwasher...

GOOD!!! those dishwasher cook the shit out of anything that is put in there... Stick 100 tarantulas in there for all I care!!!

What if it messes up and they call you to fix it without telling you!?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top