Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2004 7:52:53 PM EDT
When I play internet streaming video, I get normal, good quality sound.  
However, when I play cd's, I get a reverb effect on all the bass lines.  It "pops" (for lack of a better word) in rhythm with the song.

I have tried it on iTunes, windows media player, real player.

I have checked equalizer settings.  

Any clues?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Also, I just now isolated it to that particular cd drive.  When I play a cd through the dvd drive, it plays perfectly.  What's up with that?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#2]
What you're describing isn't quite clear, but I'd double check your sound settings.   If you're sound hardware has its own level meter, you can see if the sound card is over driving itself and clipping.  That would explain the 'pops' in time.  I've had to cut my system volumen in half due to the games I play tend to overdrive the whole thing and it can get REAL nasty when EAX comes in to play.  As for reverb, maybe you have an EAX environment turned on by mistake.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top