Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/14/2016 8:55:36 PM EDT
Well, this is certainly unacceptable.

“There should be expanded background checks — extending into your family, friends and associates,” he said. “And there should be a mental health screening. In Europe, if you want to buy a gun, you have to see a doctor (for a psychiatric examination) to see if something’s not right.”

That cute little quote is from Frank Stelmach of Frank's Double Tap Shooting Range and Gun Shop.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/firing-ar-15-horrifying-dangerous-loud-article-1.2673201?cid=bitly

A hilarious side note is what a giant vagina the author of the article is, and his temporary PTSD from shooting an AR.

Go let them know what you think of their establishment:

https://www.facebook.com/doubletapshootingrange/?fref=ts

==============================

Quoted:
Quoted:
They are now claiming that they were misrepresented

"Yesterday the man in this video from the NY Daily News called and asked if he could come and interview us about the basic principles of how an AR-15 works. We acknowledged his offer so that we could prove that an AR-15 is indeed a great and safe weapon as stated in the video. After the video was filmed there was another Q&A type conversation on how things work in other countries, what are some of the things others believe would be a step into the right direction of gun control. To our knowledge we did not know that Mr. Kuntzman would completely turn things around and make our establishment look like one of anti-gun advocates. We have received dozens of phone from all over the country in regards to the article. Many of these callers expressed disgust with the article and told us to stay away from the media. I can assure everyone that we do not support mental health screenings like they do in Europe and we don't think that government officials should take away guns from people as it was portrayed in the article. Currently we are doing everything we can to take this article down because after reading it we are just as disgusted about it as all of you are. Our team here at Double Tap would like to sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding and report that we are doing everything in our power to get this article removed. I implore all of our supporters to share our apology with everyone in-order to help defend ourselves from the media who is doing anything in their power to blemish the face of all gun owners and attempting to add more rule to the fire of the attempt of the liberal gun-grabbing agenda.To those that are writing negative reviews about us, please understand we had no intentions of having this article cause such an issue, nor intentions of us looking like anti gun advocates but, to educate which in turn did the complete opposite due to Mr. Kuntzman. If anyone has anymore questions or concerns please feel free to come in or call us we will gladly discuss this issue with you. And for the record, if you get a bruised shoulder or PTSD from shooting an AR-15 you may be a Katie Couric, liberal with ought testicular fortitude."
View Quote

Holy shit.  I hope they have independent recordings of the interview.
View Quote

Yep, let's hope they have something to refute what happened.

============================================

Quoted: It's BS

From the comments:

Sorry my friend but I watched and re watched the video several times your exact words after talking about the mental health checks needed in Europe @ minute 3:03 are "should be over here too"  Now I don't know what else you could have meant when you said those words but seems pretty clear to me that right now you are back tracking.  I am the IT director for Gun Rights Across America and will make sure folks know what you have done here.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

“There should be expanded background checks — extending into your family, friends and associates,” he said. “And there should be a mental health screening. In Europe, if you want to buy a gun, you have to see a doctor (for a psychiatric examination) to see if something’s not right.”

That cute little quote is from Frank Stelmach of Frank's Double Tap Shooting Range and Gun Shop.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/firing-ar-15-horrifying-dangerous-loud-article-1.2673201?cid=bitly

A hilarious side note is what a giant vagina the author of the article is, and his temporary PTSD from shooting an AR.

View Quote

I left a charming review. So have many others.

Fuck that piece of shit.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Dupe.. Saw this earlier. I'll see if I can find the link.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Is he talking abut the kind of background checks that they had in Germany in the 1930s and 40s?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish I lived in PA just so I could boycott his place.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Rusty cactus
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Isn't this like the fourth or fifth time this has been posted?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Who gives a fuck. I have never seen it.

And I hate nb dupe police
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#8]
lol the reviews
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#9]
He's obliged to do whatever background check he wishes.  Does he ask for that info of his current customers?  Answer: fuck no.  So, fuck him.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep as long as word gets out who gives a fuck if it was duped 20 times.

Nice pic of a Glock and the Constitution on his facebook. LOL
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#11]
i would buy squat from that dickweed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I think you might need to buy a gun. You're getting raped.
View Quote

Snicker.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Philly, shoulda known.  That's blue territory.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:17:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Why stop with family and associates, maybe high school coach, or spend a day or two at the house, see how the customer interacts with wife and kids, or on the interstate during rush hour traffic. We wouldn't have reached this point if we had started to scrutinize voters and their ability, cognizance and intelligence.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#15]
He's in Philly, not surprised.

Philly should be in New Jersey.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shocking huh?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#17]
comments on that FB page are
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Frank" actually lives in a very nice neighborhood in suburban Chester County, which is pretty red.  He just owns a shop in Philly.

Fuck Frank.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#19]
The FBI background checked this guy out several times. He was clean. Peaceful Muslim.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Hahaha, burn that motherfucker.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Edited to add

Looks like liberal media does what liberal media does.  Spin words around and change the context to fit their agenda.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#22]

"Yesterday the man in this video from the NY Daily News called and asked if he could come and interview us about the basic principles of how an AR-15 works. We acknowledged his offer so that we could prove that an AR-15 is indeed a great and safe weapon as stated in the video. After the video was filmed there was another Q&A type conversation on how things work in other countries, what are some of the things others believe would be a step into the right direction of gun control. To our knowledge we did not know that Mr. Kuntzman would completely turn things around and make our establishment look like one of anti-gun advocates. We have received dozens of phone from all over the country in regards to the article. Many of these callers expressed disgust with the article and told us to stay away from the media. I can assure everyone that we do not support mental health screenings like they do in Europe and we don't think that government officials should take away guns from people as it was portrayed in the article. Currently we are doing everything we can to take this article down because after reading it we are just as disgusted about it as all of you are. Our team here at Double Tap would like to sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding and report that we are doing everything in our power to get this article removed. I implore all of our supporters to share our apology with everyone in-order to help defend ourselves from the media who is doing anything in their power to blemish the face of all gun owners and attempting to add more rule to the fire of the attempt of the liberal gun-grabbing agenda.To those that are writing negative reviews about us, please understand we had no intentions of having this article cause such an issue, nor intentions of us looking like anti gun advocates but, to educate which in turn did the complete opposite due to Mr. Kuntzman. If anyone has anymore questions or concerns please feel free to come in or call us we will gladly discuss this issue with you. And for the record, if you get a bruised shoulder or PTSD from shooting an AR-15 you may be a Katie Couric, liberal with ought testicular fortitude."
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Read their latest post on Facebook.
That Kunt, took what he said about how things are done in other countries and turned it against the gun store owner.
The guy at Double Tap should have done like the others did

"Many gun shops turned down our request to fire and discuss the AR-15, a style of semi-automatic rifle popular with mass killers "
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Is he trying to go out of business? cause that's how you go out of business.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

This bears quoting...

Kuntzman is a major pussy.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who cares.
This is a Very Worthy Dupe.

I hope he gets into the news because he went belly up from helping the Daily News.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Pretty close to me. Think I may have called there once or twice before looking for parts. Glad I didn't buy there.

Fuck them with a giant hillary cock.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:01:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Bought my 45 at Tanners.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#30]
That is like the local fuck here in Atlanta who wants all transfers to go through an FFL , His employees were embarrassed
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came to post this.  Sounds like the owner of that establishment learned a very valuable lesson today in propaganda.

Now he just needs someone to tell him not to post long statements from his phone.

OP needs to update his post with this.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Came to post this.  Sounds like the owner of that establishment learned a very valuable lesson today in propaganda.

Now he just needs someone to tell him not to post long statements from his phone.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Concur.

I wonder if he could sue for libel?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:16:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
comments on that FB page are
View Quote

This and left my own unfunny comment.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#34]

Do you want to go broke?

because this is how you go broke,asshole
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

This does not surprise me in the slightest, that the media would twist the guy's words, and crop and re-edit shit to completely alter his meaning, etc.

In the process, they have fucked his business and his reputation, possibly beyond repair.

ETA: See page 2.  Sounds like he's a liar after all.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Nvm

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow, if what he said in defense is true that needs to go to court. He could be seriously negatively affected by this if it is a lie.

If not a lie and he is back pedaling now then I couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Wow, if what he said in defense is true that needs to go to court. He could be seriously negatively affected by this if it is a lie.

View Quote

I would not for one minute doubt that the media would do this.

ETA: See page 2.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

"There should be expanded background checks — extending into your family, friends and associates,” he said. "And there should be a mental health screening. In Europe, if you want to buy a gun, you have to see a doctor (for a psychiatric examination) to see if something’s not right.”

View Quote

That should be required before VOTING.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Dupe.. Saw this earlier. I'll see if I can find the link.
View Quote

This deserves to be duped for maximum coverage.

Hopefully Frank's is not long for this world.  If his asinine suggestion came to be then 95% of his customers couldn't afford to buy guns or bribe the correct officials and he'd be out of business anyway.  Fuck him.

If this was invented or inflated the Frank's had better sue the dog shit out of the reporter.  He better have a recording.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:37:37 PM EDT
[#41]
I might stop in to troll that guy next time I'm in town.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:38:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Left my review

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:40:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The above should be posted to the OP and yeah that's the only way to save their dumb ass.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:40:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't they just do this to the one guy that made the AR15 not the Stoner guy but the other one, about a month or so ago.   Why gun people want to give their version to a liberal media (which is all outlets) is beyond me, you know they are going to edit it and switch the text around to fit their agenda.  When MSNBC says hey Bubba's Guns and Tackle would you give us an interview with our talking points? The response shouldn't just be NO, it should be Fuck off, I wouldn't give you an interview if was going to save your career.

ETA:  yes Jim Sullivan  Here is the original TFB
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#45]
READ ABOVE! OWNER IS SAYING THE STORY IS A LIE.

Someone must live close enough to visit and get the inside scoop??
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Concur.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Concur.

Don't know, sounds like he realized he is getting his mudhole stomped, and decided to try and backpedal....

Unless they completely made up his quotes, its hard to see how what he supposedly said can be misconstrued.

But if he is telling the truth, come on, you think any media outlet is going to show you and your store and what you sell in a good light?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:43:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

God isn't that the truth
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:43:29 PM EDT
[#48]
I've never trusted them as to their gun sensibilities (too fudd oriented) nor much else for that matter. Ever been to Philly?

Add to that I've never seen a gun shop in PA that did not seem to run by a dyed in the wool shyster so this does not surprise me a bit. PA is barely a step up from MD. Seems like everyone in the damn state is trying to rook someone else.

LOL....When western MD citizens were circulating a petition to leave their fucked in the head state they wanted to join WV instead of PA. Pretty darn bad when even MD citizens do not trust you.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Oh fuck no.  He should move to Europe then.  Fucking communist trash.  I'm sick of it.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:58:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top