Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 1:45:32 PM EDT
It has come to our attention that your PayPal Billing Information records are out of date. That requires you to update the Billing Information.
Failure to update your records will result in account termination. Please update your records in maximum 24 hours. Once you have updated your account records, your PayPal session will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Failure to update will result in cancellation of service, Terms of Service (TOS) violations or future billing problems.
Please click here to update your billing records.
This says it it is sent from [email protected]

I clicked the link and it looked funny so I closed the window and and went to paypal to ask them directly if it is legit .
Pay pal Security says it is a fraudulent website . servers.server2accountingdata.org/~nets/paypal/update.htm

DON'T GET SCAMED!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't use paypal,commie creeps.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Welcome to 2001!  

-Troy

First one I ever got . The site looked real convincing . I almost did what it said , but I gut checked it first .
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!  I'm new to paypal and this would have probably got me.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Phishy
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Got one myself a while back - posted it here, but I have no idea where the archives are, or else I'd link you to it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#7]
The difference between 2001 and now is that they're looking more and more convincing.

BEWARE!

It's a paypal TRAP!

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember, paypal will never send an email asking for ANY of your information.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#9]
got that about a week ago.  I don't use paypal anymore so I wasn't gonna update shit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top