Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/12/2005 7:38:30 PM EDT
PAPER: Border Patrol told to stand down in Arizona... Developing...

Anybody hear anything?  Drudge just has a headline but no story yet.

Tim

UPDATE:
PAPER: Border Patrol told to stand down in Arizona... Border Patrol agents have been ordered not to arrest illegal aliens along the section of the Arizona border where protesters patrolled last month because an increase in apprehensions there would prove the effectiveness of Minuteman volunteers, WASHINGTON TIMES has learned.... Developing...
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Well that's vague.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Stand down? So basically buiseness as usual for them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Not good.

coburn
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#4]
It is time to MINE the Border
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#5]
They only catch maybe 1 in a thousand anyway...so what difference does that make???
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Stand down? So basically buiseness as usual for them.

No shit.  How would you be able to tell?
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Wait a second...

If apprehesions go up, then it looks like the minutemen detured illegals from crossing the border where they were.
If apprehensions go down, then it looks like the minutemen were of great assistance in catching those illegals that did try to sneak over.

Eitherway it looks like the minutemen did some good.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#8]
You want to put Mimes on the boarder?

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/12/2005 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Not too worry... we'll catch, identify, detain and deport them all when the "Real ID" act goes into effect.

Link Posted: 5/12/2005 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Border Patrol agents have been ordered not to arrest illegal aliens along the section of the Arizona border where protesters patrolled last month because an increase in apprehensions there would prove the effectiveness of Minuteman volunteers, WASHINGTON TIMES has learned.... Developing...

Now that is completely fucked up.

Link Posted: 5/12/2005 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/12/2005 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#12]
In an office somewhere is a puckered-butt government employee on the phone saying "you gave that memo to who?!?!!"
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#13]
This is going to get interesting very quickly.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Let me get this straight... Federal Officers have been ordered to violate their oaths and to, in essence, "aid and abet" the violation of U.S. sovereignty.

If true, whoever issued such an order needs to be prosecuted ASAP!
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:17:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Border Patrol agents have been ordered not to arrest illegal aliens along the section of the Arizona border where protesters patrolled last month because an increase in apprehensions there would prove the effectiveness of Minuteman volunteers, WASHINGTON TIMES has learned.... Developing...

You ain't shittin'.

This shit is gonna blow sky-high.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#16]
This better get some thing happening to solve the problem.  
I'm sick of all these freaking Felons invading my country.
If you think I'm being raciest then, you are a raciest.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Let me get this straight... Federal Officers have been ordered to violate their oaths and to, in essence, "aid and abet" the violation of U.S. sovereignty.

If true, whoever issued such an order needs to be prosecuted ASAP!

I agree.  Treason is what it is.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#18]
So, all the retired vets and thier Grandmother wives sitting in lawn chairs on the border calling in crossings worked???  We can't have that.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I know there are people here who would love to mine the border, or post snipers in towers along it.

I am not saying the system is pefect but something needs to be done. Farmers are always hiring Mexicans for the cheap help. So if there were no jobs here then they would not come. But if the farmers did not hire them and had to pay people minium wage food prices would go way thru the roof.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
This is going to get interestingburied very quickly.

Fixed it for you.

Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You ain't shittin'.

This shit is gonna blow sky-high.

Let it blow!  This whole damned thing needs to have the doors blown wide open, to FINALLY get everyone to stop bullshitting around (esp. GWB) and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.  Of all the issues that this country faces CLOSING THE FUCKING BORDERS SHOULDN'T BE ONE OF THEM.  Being able to control your borders is the first requirement of a SOVEREIGN NATION.  To admit that you can't do anything about regulating those who enter (which is what all this "amnesty" horseshit is about) is to admit that the worlds only remaining Superpower is nothing more than the world's doormat waiting to be shit on by anyone that wants to stroll in and take advantage of us (read: ass rape us for every taxpayer dime they can get).

As for "the price of lettuce will go up" arguments, what do you want?  Higher lettuce prices or to live in a Third World Nation, which is EXACTLY what this country is edging closer to every day that THOUSANDS of illegal aliens are PERMITTED to invade and rape this county while our politicians say "Sorry, there's nothing we can do."  Yes, I'm looking at you John Fucking McCain.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Let it blow!  This whole damned thing needs to have the doors blown wide open, to FINALLY get everyone to stop bullshitting around (esp. GWB) and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.  Of all the issues that this country faces CLOSING THE FUCKING BORDERS SHOULDN'T BE ONE OF THEM.  Being able to control your borders is the first requirement of a SOVEREIGN NATION.  To admit that you can't do anything about regulating those who enter (which is what all this "amnesty" horseshit is about) is to admit that the worlds only remaining Superpower is nothing more than the world's doormat waiting to be shit on by anyone that wants to stroll in and take advantage of us (read: ass rape us for every taxpayer dime they can get).

As for "the price of lettuce will go up" arguments, what do you want?  Higher lettuce prices or to live in a Third World Nation, which is EXACTLY what this country is edging closer to every day that THOUSANDS of illegal aliens are PERMITTED to invade and rape this county while our politicians say "Sorry, there's nothing we can do."  Yes, I'm looking at you John Fucking McCain.  flymeaway.net/images/finger.gif

Oh, I sooooooooo hope it does.  This is something I'm just dying to see beat GWB senseless with.  He sure as hell deserves it on this issue.  I'm starting to hear more people grumbling about it too.  The Pressure cooker is heating.   Tick tock.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Wait a second...

If apprehesions go up, then it looks like the minutemen detured illegals from crossing the border where they were.  That was already admited when they said apprehensions on the flanks of the projects went up, because people were just than trying to make an end around.
If apprehensions go down, then it looks like the minutemen were of great assistance in catching those illegals that did try to sneak over.

Eitherway it looks like the minutemen did some good.

Either way, if this is true, hell even if it isn't. The MM project  WAS successful and did prove that if the government gave two shits about closing the border, it could be done.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it for you.

Well see, mark these words.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Not only does the government allow this invasion to continue but now is paying for their health care with my tax dollars. This country is on a straight course to third world status. The financial drain these illegals put on our economy is tremendous. I for one is getting tired of this crap. The figures about how important these illegals are for OUR economy simply doesnt stand any close scrutiny. Several school districts where I live have been wrecked by the flood of illegal immigrants. California students used to score fifth from the top now they are fifth from the bottom amoung the states.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it for you.

It will get buried quick. The white house loves the illegals. BEsides they are already working on a way to stop the illegals. By forcing National IDs on everyone. They are flooding the illegals in so they can justify the ID and other steps to clamp down.

Tin foil hat on.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 9:04:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 9:11:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
This better get some thing happening to solve the problem.  
I'm sick of all these freaking Felons invading my country.
If you think I'm being raciest then, you are a raciest.

racy, racier, raciest,  zoom zoom zoom
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#29]
It's almost time to start shooting people.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Border Patrol told to stand down in Arizona

By Jerry Seper
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
Published May 13, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
U.S. Border Patrol agents have been ordered not to arrest illegal aliens along the section of the Arizona border where protesters patrolled last month because an increase in apprehensions there would prove the effectiveness of Minuteman volunteers, The Washington Times has learned.

More than a dozen agents, all of whom asked not to be identified for fear of retribution, said orders relayed by Border Patrol supervisors at the Naco, Ariz., station made it clear that arrests were "not to go up" along the 23-mile section of border that the volunteers monitored to protest illegal immigration.

"It was clear to everyone here what was being said and why," said one veteran agent. "The apprehensions were not to increase after the Minuteman volunteers left. It was as simple as that."

Another agent said the Naco supervisors "were clear in their intention" to keep new arrests to an "absolute minimum" to offset the effect of the Minuteman vigil, adding that patrols along the border have been severely limited.

Border Patrol Chief David V. Aguilar at the agency's Washington headquarters called the accusations "outright wrong," saying that supervisors at the Naco station had not blocked agents from making arrests and that the station's 350 agents were being "supported in carrying out" their duties.

"Border Patrol agents are the front line of defense against terrorism," Chief Aguilar said, adding that the 11,000 agents nationwide are "meeting that challenge, head-on ... as daunting a task as that may sound."

The chief -- a former head of the agency's Tucson sector, which includes the Naco station -- said that with the world watching the Arizona border because of the Minuteman Project, agents in Naco "demonstrated flexibility and resilience in carrying out their critical homeland security duties and responsibilities."

But Rep. Tom Tancredo, Colorado Republican, yesterday said "credible sources" within the Border Patrol also had told him of the decision by Naco supervisors to keep new arrests to a minimum, saying he was angry but not surprised.

"It's like telling a cop to stand by and watch burglars loot a store but don't arrest any of them," he said. "This is another example of decisions being made at the highest levels of the Border Patrol that are hurting morale and helping to rot the agency from within.

"I worry about our efforts in Congress to increase the number of agents," he said. "Based on these kinds of orders, we could spend the equivalent of the national debt and never have secure borders."

Mr. Tancredo, chairman of the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus, blamed the Bush administration for setting an immigration enforcement tone that suggests to those enforcing the law that he is not serious about secure borders.

"We need to get the president to come to grips with the seriousness of the problem," he said. "I know he doesn't like to utter the words, 'I was wrong,' but if we have another incident like September 11 by people who came through our borders without permission, I hope he doesn't have to say 'I'm sorry.' "

During the Minuteman vigil, Border Patrol supervisors in Arizona discounted their efforts, saying a drop in apprehensions during their protest was because of the Mexican government's deployment of military and police south of the targeted area and a new federal program known as the Arizona Border Control Initiative that brought manpower increases to the state.

The Naco supervisors blamed the volunteers for unnecessarily tripping sensors, disturbing draglines and interfering with the normal operations of the agents. They said that their impact on illegals was "negligible" and that civilians should leave immigration enforcement "to the professionals."

Several field agents credited the volunteers with cutting the flow of illegal aliens in the targeted Naco area, saying the number of apprehended illegals dropped from an average of 500 a day to less than 15 a day.

More than 850 volunteers, in a protest of the lax immigration enforcement policies of the White House and Congress, sought to reduce the flow of illegal aliens along a popular immigration corridor on the Arizona-Mexico border near Naco by reporting illegals to the Border Patrol as they crossed into the United States.

Their goal was to show that increased manpower on the border would effectively deter illegal immigration. Organizers said the protest resulted in Border Patrol arrests of 349 illegal aliens.

Area residents, in a half-page ad in the Sunday edition of the Sierra Vista Herald, told the volunteers: "Thanks for doing what our government won't -- close the border to illegal aliens. It was the quietest month we've had in many years ... You made us feel safe because the border was closed."
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 9:41:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

No, it's not - And you're not helping matters any by suggesting otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not helping matters any?  Last time I checked, my input was on an internet message board, and not being used as congressional testimony.  

Oh, and when will it be time for some outrage?  When our nation has become a broke, third world shithole with even more special accomodations and laws for these FELONS?  
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
...Farmers are always hiring Mexicans for the cheap help. So if there were no jobs here then they would not come. But if the farmers did not hire them and had to pay people minium wage food prices would go way thru the roof.

The problem is, taxpayers are subsidizing the employers of illegal immigrants -- by paying taxes which support the health care, education, cost of criminal activities and so forth of these workers. The problem with that is the tax money was supposed to be spent on maintaining our own state infrastructures, not on illegal immigrants.

So, although you may think you are getting a great deal on food, you aren't, you're paying a lot extra for food and just don't know it. Frankly, it would be fine for us to have undocumented workers, so long as Mexico footed the bill for their health care, education, insurance, and so forth (well, except for the minor issue of national security against terrorism).
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 9:57:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Its time to vote some people OUT of office.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
civilians should leave immigration enforcement "to the professionals."

As soon as we can find some "professionals"
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 10:34:02 PM EDT
[#36]
The tipping point will come when people & businesses start avoiding illegal aliens for fear of the violence they bring.

I thing the U.S., Mexican border will prove to be a self healing barrier. Future illegal aliens are going to find the border area harder, and harder to transverse as it turns into an empty, Mad Max no-man's land.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#37]
SICK
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The professionals are working for a corrupt bureacracy that has decided NOT to enforce laws on the books regarding illegal aliens.  WTF are we supposed to do -- let the "professionals" who are ordered not to arrest border crossers stand around and do nothing?  Get a friggin grip, that elitist attitude is the same as the attitude that "only LEO's should own guns, homeowners have no business defending themselves with guns.  They should call 911 when a burglar comes through a window.  Let the "professionals" handle it.  Complete and total bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 11:20:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Don't worry, be happy!  We'll soon have our new ID's and illegal aliens will no longer be a problem.  I am sure they will be turned away from hospitals where they hoped to have their "anchor babies", not be able to get jobs doing all those things Americans don't want to do, their kids won't be able to get into our schools, all because they won't have the proper ID.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 11:35:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The professionals are working for a corrupt bureacracy that has decided NOT to enforce laws on the books regarding illegal aliens.  WTF are we supposed to do -- let the "professionals" who are ordered not to arrest border crossers stand around and do nothing?  Get a friggin grip, that elitist attitude is the same as the attitude that "only LEO's should own guns, homeowners have no business defending themselves with guns.  They should call 911 when a burglar comes through a window.  Let the "professionals" handle it.  Complete and total bullshit.

Yup, it is exactly the same thing except on a Federal Level
We are the only people in the country professional enough to carry glock foties\stop illegals
I wonder how much longer before the situation boils over?
Has the .gov grown so powerful that it is no longer answerable to the will of the people?
(that was a rhetorical question)
This selective enforcement has gone waay too far when ILLEGALS are exempt from "hit and run"
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 12:21:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 1:06:18 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Couldn't resist.....

img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/Aramus/bushse.jpg

I voted for GWB and I still think that he's a good man in everything but this.  I can't for the life of me figure out why he is so obstinately stupid when it comes to reading the American people on this issue.

I had a wild thought the other day that Fox must have something on him, it's the only way that the leader of a turd-world country like Mexico can possibly exercise THAT much influence on the U.S..  Yeah, crazy I know, but can someone come up with a more plausible idea that would cause the U.S. government to ACTIVELY, WILLFULLY and SPITEFULLY disregard such a HUGE, GLARING problem?

It's going to cost the Republicans big time.  I frankly will NOT vote for them again unless some SERIOUS attention is focused on this bullshit.

For those that say "It will be worse under (fill in the blank)" I don't really give a shit anymore.  We're going to LOSE THIS NATION if the problem isn't STOPPED.  So, we put the socialist-crats in power and let them run it in the ground.  The only difference is they'll just get there a bit sooner than the Republicans will.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 4:04:32 AM EDT
[#43]
A storm is comming...
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 4:11:09 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
The tipping point will come when people & businesses start avoiding illegal aliens for fear of the violence they bring.

When you get arrested for DUI and catch drug rersistant TB from the illegal you share the drunk tank with.

When your wife or daughter gets raped by the illegal youe HOA subcontracts to mow the common areas.

When a borracho illegal totals your new truck you parked at the curb.

When an off the books illegal take your brother highway construction job.

When illegal alien bangers attack you son with a machete for looking at one of their pin cushions.

When illegal alien bangers stab a group of marines trying to have a couple beers after returnining from iraq.

In other words, when your state becomes like Cali, Arizona, & NM.
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 5:10:51 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go jump in a lake you Felon lover boy!
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 5:12:46 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When you get arrested for DUI and catch drug rersistant TB from the illegal you share the drunk tank with.

When your wife or daughter gets raped by the illegal youe HOA subcontracts to mow the common areas.

When a borracho illegal totals your new truck you parked at the curb.

When an off the books illegal take your brother highway construction job.

When illegal alien bangers attack you son with a machete for looking at one of their pin cushions.

When illegal alien bangers stab a group of marines trying to have a couple beers after returnining from iraq.

In other words, when your state becomes like Cali, Arizona, & NM.

HERE HERE!!!!!

Well said!
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 5:13:56 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Couldn't resist.....

img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/Aramus/bushse.jpg

I voted for GWB and I still think that he's a good man in everything but this.  I can't for the life of me figure out why he is so obstinately stupid when it comes to reading the American people on this issue.

I had a wild thought the other day that Fox must have something on him, it's the only way that the leader of a turd-world country like Mexico can possibly exercise THAT much influence on the U.S..  Yeah, crazy I know, but can someone come up with a more plausible idea that would cause the U.S. government to ACTIVELY, WILLFULLY and SPITEFULLY disregard such a HUGE, GLARING problem?

It's going to cost the Republicans big time.  I frankly will NOT vote for them again unless some SERIOUS attention is focused on this bullshit.

For those that say "It will be worse under (fill in the blank)" I don't really give a shit anymore.  We're going to LOSE THIS NATION if the problem isn't STOPPED.  So, we put the socialist-crats in power and let them run it in the ground.  The only difference is they'll just get there a bit sooner than the Republicans will.  

Yep, besides the illegal immigration compliance, national id cards, and patriot act, GWB is a great man.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 5:32:12 AM EDT
[#48]
kerry would have been no better - he just would have done the same for different reasons.  Dems do it for "humanitarian reasons" Reps because it is what big business wants.
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 5:45:40 AM EDT
[#49]
this is way out of hand and it needs to stop
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 5:53:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top