Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2002 5:17:16 PM EDT
Who else laughs their ass off when they see previews for this movie?

The Democratic response to home invasion/robbery. QUICK, RUN AND HIDE, LOCK YOURSELF IN! "Please Mr. Burglars take EVERYTHING...Just PLEEAAASEE DON'T HURT US. OH MY GOD! THEY ARE LOCKING US IN."

Ahhh ha hahahahahah oooh it's too funny.

This is how it will be when the Dems finally succeede in banning guns for the average nobody. And that poor slob sure as hell won't be able to afford a custom "panic room."

As for me, I wait up at night sometimes waiting to be robbed. I've even thought about putting a VCR on the front porch as bait.

I've even considered going to this movie just so I can laugh my ass off during the tense, dramatic moments.

Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a kick out of those previews as well. Looks like a movie for liberals. It'll show them how to run and hide when danger comes.

Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I may change jobs. I think building hidie-holes may just take the place of dentists for vulgarly screwing over the  public in the near future.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

As for me, I wait up at night sometimes waiting to be robbed. I've even thought about putting a VCR on the front porch as bait.

I've even considered going to this movie just so I can laugh my ass off during the tense, dramatic moments.

View Quote

LMAO!  Dude, you just made my day!
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The room looks really nice. I think that room with 3 AR's and some loaded beta c's with firing ports in the walls would be alot of fun. I think I'll just stick to my current setup though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Haha, I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking about how stupid that movie looked. When I saw the preview for it before BHD, I turned to the friend I was seeing it with and said "If they need that, why the hell don't they at least get a gun?" Neither of us were really paying much attention to the movie's premise but it was still pretty funny.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#6]
This movie looks dumd as hell. A $200 shotgun would protect them more than their stupid "panic room" would.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#7]
My panic room is a Sig P220 [pistol]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#8]
A special room,,, for those too scared to shoot someone else breaking into their home.

Well you can call it what you want but it looks like to me that it shows a great example of how the "run and hide" routine DOESN'T work. Maybe it will get the lefties thinking about it. Nahhhh, they'll just rationalize it away with happy thoughts.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#9]
"Panic Room" - aptly named.  Now let's see, did they make the panic room fire proof ?  There's plenty of evil doers that would burn them just to listen to the screams.

But I almost forgot.  These folks would have a burglar alarm with a "PANIC" button so help would be instantly on the way.  Now down in the finer print "instant" is defined as within forty-five minutes.  Or so.

And these people will ultimate defeat us in the battle over firearms.
Losing will be bad enough but losing to these panic stricken people.........
(No I don't mean losing within our lifetimes but the probability is there that we will lose within the next twenty-five years.)

We've all seen the Blue and Red T-shirts showing where Gore won and where Bush won.  The sheeple are massed in the cities.  Cities are liberal and Dimocrat.  The trend toward consolidation of the population will continue.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#10]
If you like that one look at this:

[url]http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/donnie_darko.html[/url]

This is one sick kid. I think that if I saw a six foot rabbit in the mirror that told me to kill people, I would have myself comitted. [%|]

Although it does look interesting, in a twisted way.  [(:|)]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#11]
My mom saw the trailer for the movie, she giggled and said that the stupid bitch could have paid $300 for a decent pistol instead of thousands for a "panic room" and saved herself a lot of grief.

If you notice, in the end she (Foster) gets a gun and shoots the bad guys.  Of course, she would be baaaddd if she had a gun in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Well I'll tell you guys what my fiance tells me about five minutes into any of these kind of movies after I explain how if that happened to me there would be a few less bad guys in existence. She always tells me that my way doesn't make interesting movie. Bad guys come in but they never leave. I mean really, bad guys come in............bad guys die.....Credits. No one would pay to see that. It sounds like a good idea for an alternative to put on the DVD. At the menu screen you could choose the Liberal way or the Right way.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 11:51:39 PM EDT
[#13]
This is a panic room. It contains everything necessary to make the average burglar (or invading mongol horde) panic [;)]

[img]http://www.kosmic.org/~dan/pictures/panicroom.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 12:02:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:52:24 AM EDT
[#15]
That was a pretty cool looking "panic room" though.  But I guess that's the difference between demi-liberal pansies and us.  They'd call it a panic room, I'd call it a redoubt.  Of course a redoubt would have firing slits and weapons.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:57:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Liberals call it a panic room, we call it a gun-vault with a fast-closing door.  Of course, the contents of the rooms vary as widely as the names.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#17]
According to the website the bad guys are burglars that want to steal something hidden in the "panic room".

So...
Why don't the burglars just break in when they knew nobody would be there?  Also, how do they manage to be slow enough during the break-in to not catch Jodie Foster before she locks the door?
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So...
Why don't the burglars just break in when they knew nobody would be there?  Also, how do they manage to be slow enough during the break-in to not catch Jodie Foster before she locks the door?
View Quote

Because the movie would only last 20 minutes.  My guess is that after fending off the would-be evildoers, experiencing harrowing escapes and close encounters, she will prevail and defeat the villains.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Panic Room is where the Bad-Guys retreat  after you shoot them a couple of times
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#20]
There was a neat speaker on one of the moring talk shows.

His company works with existing houses and turns a room into a "panic room". He was showing off one house with a bathroom they converted that is located in the master bedroom. It had a 600 lbs door with huge bolts on it, all of the walls were bullet resistant and could stop high power rifle rounds.

It had a phone with a tamper proof line, and a TV that was showing vews from several cameras.

Slick setup. All it needed was a firearm.

Av.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#21]
I kind of like the idea of a panic room myself. A burglar breaks into my home and all I have to do is hit a button to start the following chain of events: steel armor plates come down from the ceiling and cover every point of entry/escape, a recording of me saying "you are in my world now bitch!" plays with the sound of guns loading in the background, and finally the burglar panics.

Kyle
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I thought I was the only one who baited burglars.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I kind of like the idea of a panic room myself. A burglar breaks into my home and all I have to do is hit a button to start the following chain of events: steel armor plates come down from the ceiling and cover every point of entry/escape, a recording of me saying "you are in my world now bitch!" plays with the sound of guns loading in the background, and finally the burglar panics.

Kyle
View Quote

DAMN, just what I was thinking...

Except I think Wagner would be more appropriate background music. Not the expected "Ride of the Valkries" but "Carmen Burana."

And of course the usual automatically opening and closing steel doors that herd him to the "killing area" complete with metal grate floors so he don't stain the tile.

Only problem with "panic rooms" complete with protected phone lines, tv montitors, etc. is they won't beat match when the ghetto kids decide to burn down your house.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 4:07:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Doesn't the phrase "panic room" imply a certain sense of defeatism?  
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd take a kevlar vest and a black 16" Steyr AUG over 5 tons of steel.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#26]

If anything this could be one of the most anti-guncontrol movies around.

The morale of the story for this movie:

When gun-control laws fail, calling 911 fails, running, hiding, screaming and cocooning yourself in your closet fails, along comes the savior of the day... The GUN.

Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Just gonna have to forgive me when I go for the gun option FIRST.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#28]
What, No phone in the panic room nNot even a cell phone?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top