Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 7:45:38 AM EDT
I got the Kenmore HE3T washer, the HE4 gas dryer installed yesterday.

Washer runs like a silent champ.

First thing I did was run huge load of bath towels.

Tossed them (All 7 --huge load for me anyway, but far short of the advertised "23", which, extrapolating from the 7, WON'T fit in there anyway.)

Dryer ran, towels felt warm, NOT hot, but warm, for 2+ hours, I finally went to bed.  The dryer was set to heavy duty, which auto set the heat to "high," but i sdries slower than the old dryer.

The dryer ran it's "countdown" timer from like 44 or whatever it started at to 10 minutes, then displayed 10 minutes for about the last hour, telling me the auto moisture sensor deal must be working.

Ran all troubleshooting tips, lint screen was clear, positive, warm airflow at the outside of the vent.  It mentioned that cold water rinse and large loads "may" take longer to dry, but we're talking line dry speed.  

Is this thing this crappy, or is something wrong?    
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:50:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Something is wrong.  You probably arent getting correct gas flow.

I can fill mine with towels, and have never had any load take more than 1 hour.  Most are done in 40 minutes or less.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:53:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine has a heat sensor that cuts off the gas when the dryer reaches the correct temp.  I had to replace it as it kept cutting off too soon and the dyrer never got to the proper temp to dry at its normal/correct rate.  I timed the gas "on" cycle and it was on for only 30 seconds at a time or so.  Replacing the sensor took care of my problem anyway.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Mine has a heat sensor that cuts off the gas when the dryer reaches the correct temp.  I had to replace it as it kept cutting off too soon and the dyrer never got to the proper temp to dry at its normal/correct rate.  I timed the gas "on" cycle and it was on for only 30 seconds at a time or so.  Replacing the sensor took care of my problem anyway.  

What kind of dryer, Sheldon.

In an incredibly stupid business decision, it seems that Sears can replace this unit quicker than someone can come out and fix it.

What are my odds it's the unit as opposed to gas line problems?  Old Kenmore gas dryer worked fine for 2 years, gar Wh has no problems, and after we moved in the Gas co came out and said flow rate was fine.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:56:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you cleaned your exhaust duct?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, when the old one gave up the ghost, I jammed my shop vac into the wall opening, and last night, I could feel warm air coming out of the exterior vent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top