Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 7:44:27 PM EDT
Good Lord, it feels like the room is spinning.  I keep clenching my jaw.  My whole head feels funny.  My attention span is zero right now.  

I think it's bedtime.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to my world.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:46:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Do not operate firearms, heavy machinery, drive, or vote..............

You might vote liberal and you could regret it for the rest of your life.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Isn't that what they referred to as "mothers little helper" in the Rolling Stones song, or was it quaaludes?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Isn't that what they referred to as "mothers little helper" in the Rolling Stones song, or was it quaaludes?

I think that was valium
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Good Lord, it feels like the room is spinning.  I keep clenching my jaw.  My whole head feels funny.  My attention span is zero right now.  

I think it's bedtime.

If you chew those you will really feel f'd up to say the least.

EDIT:  Do not try this at home.  You can die from an overdose.  Oxy is very addicting and as others have said you are better off not taking it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that was valium

Valium is my personal hero.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#9]
My mom is on the Oxy powered magic carpet for the time being.  Its been interesting to say the least.  Ecspecially since she usually won't even take an Aspirin for a headache.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that was valium

That was it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:58:26 AM EDT
[#11]
After the "wreck" I was taking them like candy, plus 40 mg of flexerill per 12 hrs. I woke up one morning and said I was sick of this shit I was sick for about three days but haven't looked back. I still hurt but whatever it's better then being zoned out all the time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:06:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Be luck that you have something.  I would have killed for one when I threw my back out last week.  I almost went to the doctor, but managed to suck it up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:33:08 AM EDT
[#13]
They did not do much for me in the pain killing department, and I quit taking them after a week after my surgeries, but for like 2 days after I quit taking them it felt like my joints were always hyper extended and someone was stepping on my diaphragm.

Never again.  I had better luck with feldene with an occasional tramadone/ultram when it got really bad.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:39:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I broke my leg a few years ago, had a couple of pins surgically implanted, and was scripted some OxyContin for pain.

At home a couple of days later, laying on the couch, I came out of some strange fog/fugue the pills had put me in to find myself in conversation with someone's picture in a newspaper.

Later that evening, while dozing on the same couch, I realized I was seeing hallucinations of shadows of little animals running through my living room - little bears, racoons, possums.

Gave up on the pills after that, and no more weirdness. They didn't do much for me anyway.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:09:23 AM EDT
[#15]
I just had the most f*cked-up night of sleep ever.  I was in a giant office building, surrounded by Star Wars nerds.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:12:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it's bedtime.

do not do that
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:14:29 AM EDT
[#17]
I WISH the oxycodone would have done that for me after my surgery.  I did everything I could and I couldn't get anything out of it.  Worst week of recovery every.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:14:45 AM EDT
[#18]

And theres a good chance you'll take a dirt nap...

I preferred the pain of no meds  afer elbow reconstruction over what opioids make me feel like.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:26:32 AM EDT
[#19]
A friend of mine does some work on the side for a doctor.  The doc told him to never, ever ever take those, no matter who prescribed them.  He said the risk of addiction outweighs any benefit.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
A friend of mine does some work on the side for a doctor.  The doc told him to never, ever ever take those, no matter who prescribed them.  He said the risk of addiction outweighs any benefit.  

That is my take on it.  I have seen waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many people hooked on oxy to make me feel comfortable using it again.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Man, Oxycodone is some of the worst medication i've ever taken!! That stuff wooped my ass like i was a little school girl!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Been on that stuff before

It's great for post surgical medication...but damn...it zaps your equilibrium and motor skills.

Can't concentrate for shit.  One pill is fine, two is crazy.  I'd never take three.  Be careful if you wash it down with booze.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Scrape the time release coating of those suckers and pop em or snort em.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#24]
I have a prescription of them at home right now that I got after the big 'V' in mid-December.  Only took two or three as directed, but honestly, they didn't do anything for me.  Icing the boys and ibuprofen eased any issues I had.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Why are you taking them?

Oxycodone is like an asprin and a beer for me anymore, they dont touch my nerve pain.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Why are you taking them?

Shingles.  I'm only taking the Oxycodone at night, otherwise it hurts too much to sleep.  This sucks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#27]
When I am working on passing a kidney stone, oxycodone (not OxyContin) will take the edge off and allow me to breathe normally again. The downside is that I cannot sleep and when I am up, my motor skills and reasoning are impared. Luckily, no-one notices a difference!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I think it's bedtime.

You can sleep when you take it?  Worse than a gallon of coffee at bedtime for me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#29]
That shit killed an aquaintence of mine, but I digress.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#30]
A year ago at Christmas I took these when I finished a hernia operation. They do work...Now, wash one down with a beer and have fun
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#31]
I had shingles when I was 24.  Hurt like hell.  Doc gave me Tylenol 3.

Was prescribed oxycodone after a surgery last year.  Stuff made me ornery.

Also was prescribed valium for the same surgery.  Wow.  Just wow.  I could learn to looooove that stuff.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
A year ago at Christmas I took these when I finished a hernia operation. They do work...Now, wash one down with a beer and have fun

lol hey that's what I had too....

we coulda partied together
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:31:27 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think it's bedtime.

You can sleep when you take it?  Worse than a gallon of coffee at bedtime for me.

Sleep didn't happen for a while.  I wandered around for a while, chased the cat with a laundry basket, played Diablo II, tried to get some pie from the wife (no dice), painted some BattleTech miniatures, drew some pictures, went into the attic and yelled at the squirrell that was in there, wandered around with my calipers measuring various objects, and ate some tater tots.

This stuff really messes with me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:45:31 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I go into for a hernia operation tomorrow. ANY SUGGESTION ???????????????
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
When I am working on passing a kidney stone, oxycodone (not OxyContin) will take the edge off and allow me to breathe normally again. The downside is that I cannot sleep and when I am up, my motor skills and reasoning are impared. Luckily, no-one notices a difference!

They are the same, oxycodone and oxycontin.

see here before you start arguing www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a682132.html

look at the bottom, for othernames oxycodone is sold as.

TXL

ETA, to photokirk: make sure to eat some food while taking this, even bread will help, and do not break or chew it up.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YES!  Life the day after the operation SUCKS.  Day two is WORSE.  It's slowly gets better from there.  SLOWLY.

Things they don't tell you:

-God help you if you have to take a shit, don't force it, just let it ride when the time comes
-Whatever you do....do NOT...under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE...sneeze.  EVER.  You may die if you do.
-Make sure before you lay down on the couch you have a bottle next to you to pee in
-The scar will remain for quite sometime but will go away and fade in a years time
-Flashing your unit to strangers will never feel strange again
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YES!  Life the day after the operation SUCKS.  Day two is WORSE.  It's slowly gets better from there.  SLOWLY.

-God help you if you have to take a shit, don't force it, just let it ride when the time comes
-Whatever you do....do NOT...under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE...sneeze.  EVER.  You may die if you do.
-Make sure before you lay down on the couch you have a bottle next to you to pee in
-The scar will remain for quite sometime but will go away and fade in a years time

Yours must have been old school school with the big cut. They are gonna do mine laparoscopicly.
The sneezing thing is gonna kill me I sneeze 10 to 20 times a day with my allergy meds now.

Flashing the unit to strangers has never bothered me its the people who want to touch it that bugs me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yours must have been old school school with the big cut. They are gonna do mine laparoscopicly.
The sneezing thing is gonna kill me I sneeze 10 to 20 times a day with my allergy meds now.
Flashing the unit to strangers has never bothered me its the people who want to touch it that bugs me.

I had the belly-button hernia repair, whatever you call it.  Ask them for a day or two supply of whatever it is thats one better than Oxy.  I was in frickin' agony the day after.  Do not plan on getting out of bed.  I was also in deathly fear of sneezing, and I managed to not sneeze for a week.  Get set up on the couch when you get back from the doc with water, food, pee bottle, remote and whatever else you might need for two days.  Seriously.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#39]
They did absolute dick for me when I had ACL surgery. I was just prescribed them 2day for having after having 4 wisdom teeth extracted. Only took one this after early this afternoon. Dont think I'll need anymore. The Nitros however was some VERY fun shit! I'd like to get my own suppy of that shit.WEEEEE!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#40]
I love that shit.  I had those and/or percocet after I got out of the hospital when I was in a motorcycle accident in 04'.  My back was shattered, and I had a couple other broken bones.  The pain was terrible.  2 of those pills and I was good to go.  It let me sleep and generally put me in a good mood.  The only bad thing, is that as was mentioned, they are addictive.  

I did not become mentally addicted to them, but my body became dependant on it.  I went from 2 pills to 1, and when I went from 1 to 0 it really really really sucked.  I couldn't sleep at all for about 2 days and I was twitchy.  It must be hell to be a hard drug addict and quit cold turkey.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#41]
I hope you don't start puking, like I did on that stuff.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:50:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think it's bedtime.

Sleep didn't happen for a while.  I wandered around for a while, chased the cat with a laundry basket, played Diablo II, tried to get some pie from the wife (no dice), painted some BattleTech miniatures, drew some pictures, went into the attic and yelled at the squirrell that was in there, wandered around with my calipers measuring various objects, and ate some tater tots.

This stuff really messes with me.

i havnt laughed like that in a long time!! that was good
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#43]
i took a half one of those and it F'ed me up... i prefer the good old painkillers like hyrdocodone, loratabs, demerol, vicodons, or promathezine/codeine syrup

i need to go break a bone somewhere so i can get a re-up
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:47:06 AM EDT
[#44]
I had surgury last Wed. for my mouth.
I now have a sutures on the roof of my mouth and bottom by my tongue.
I'm riding the Oxy Train every night.
The pain is so bad, I can feel every suture when cold air hits them.
I don't think I could get to sleep right now without it.
It really kicks my a$$ good.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:27:41 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lots a good advice from others. This may sound weird but do give it a try...if you get the operation done on the left side, sleep in the left side of the bed (Left side meaning as you are on your back, head up). Reverse instructions for right side op. Trust me, getting up will be easier. Oh you will still scream like a little girl but only the close neighbors will hear you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:39:17 AM EDT
[#46]
just don't sneeze or cough - I'm not kiddin'
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top