User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 9:17:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:40:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I blame it on nerves, acoustics and microphones. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#2]
... My ex-GF used to watch a show "Will & Grace", and some winch on the show suffered that same affliction.

... I had to flee the room every time that show came on.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:52:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
... My ex-GF used to watch a show "Will & Grace", and some winch on the show suffered that same affliction.

View Quote
What, the flaming fags weren't ENOUGH to make you flee but the squeaky female voice was???

Hmmmm.... [:\]

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What's up with the full grown adult females with the voices of 5 year old girls. I seem to be running into them with frightening regularity lately and they are really starting to grind my last nerve.

My wife and I had to sit through a Sea Lion show at our local aquarium MC'd by one of these chicks, and our ears hurt at the end of the show. I'm stunned a Sea Lion hasn't killed this chick yet.

Do they fake this voice for attention? Psych issues? WTF??
View Quote

That sounds like my fiance's mohter. I too wonder what the cause is. My theory is that it started out as a way to get attention and then grew into a full-fledged habbit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

... flaming fags weren't ENOUGH to make you flee ...

Hmmmm.... [:\]

[:D]
View Quote

... There were fags on that show? I dunno, my total experience was just the audio part with the squealing voice.

... Remember that Seinfeld episode where Kramer has violent, convulsive type reactions to Mary Hart's voice on TV? Well, insert a image of me when that bitch started talking.

(thatsmystoryandimstickingtoit)
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#7]
According to Dr. Drew Pinsky, this is often the result of sexual molestation at an early age.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:51:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
According to Dr. Drew Pinsky, this is often the result of sexual molestation at an early age.
View Quote

He's not the only one, that's a pretty commonly held psychological theory.  In my experience it has held to be true.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

ditto,what he said
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

He's not the only one, that's a pretty commonly held psychological theory.  In my experience it has held to be true.
View Quote

I know it is common theory, but I just wanted someone to cite. It gets on my nerves too.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn Combat_Jack, you beat me to it.  I love that show.

Keving67
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn Combat_Jack, you beat me to it.  I love that show.

Keving67
View Quote

Hehe[:d]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Lack of protien injections.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I think they just inhale helium when no one's looking.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:00:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Lack of protien injections.
View Quote

I'm not so sure about that man...
I know a chick that gets a protien injection every night...
And she's got a damn squeaky kid voice too...
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:22:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

ive heard the same thing from numerous sources
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

ive heard the same thing from numerous sources
View Quote

That doesn't appear to be the case with my fiance's family. At least, she said [i]she[/i] never saw any evidence of that. 'Course, she talks normal, but her mom and sister talk like little kids. Her sister is a lot closer to her mom than my fiance is. That leads me to believe that she talks that way because she heard her mom talk that way. MAYBE, just maybe, I could see her mom being molested by a grandfather, then that daughter that she spends the most time around picking up the voice thing out of immitation.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What's up with the full grown adult females with the voices of 5 year old girls. I seem to be running into them with frightening regularity lately and they are really starting to grind my last nerve.

My wife and I had to sit through a Sea Lion show at our local aquarium MC'd by one of these chicks, and our ears hurt at the end of the show. I'm stunned a Sea Lion hasn't killed this chick yet.
View Quote

There's a few gals where I work that have this problem.  I have a hard time containing the giggles listening to their MinnieMouse voices.  Especially hard because one happens to be a 6'+ amazon so her voice is even more out of place (like Chyna the wrestler).  
When I was in highschool a friends gf had such a squeaky high voice that it would activate his keychain that had the "just whistle" locater (whistle & if the keychain was nearby but misplaced it would beep allowing you to find it).  Used to piss her off to no end whenever his keychain started beeping while she was speaking.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Especially when a bunch of girls get together and start yakking about something they are all excited about..When I was in college back in the 80's they used to make every sentence sound like a question  [banghead]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

That guy stole Poorman's show.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Then what about the OTHER SIDE OF THE SPECTRUM??

Explain Lauren Becall or Brenda Vaccaro.

"IT'S A MAN, BABY!"
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
[
Especially hard because one happens to be a 6'+ amazon so her voice is even more out of place (like Chyna the wrestler).
View Quote

When I did my stint as a 3rd shift gas station flunky there was a girl like that who would come in from time to time.  She was probably 5'10" or so, with a large build, but she had the voice of a 4 year old.  

What was really funny about the situation was that the girl who worked 3rd shift with me was about 5'1", if that, and had a normal woman's voice.

I wonder if the high pitched little girl voice women realise what they sound like to everyone else?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean the Will & DisGrace Show?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean the Will & DisGrace Show?
View Quote

... Hey bro, make certain our little brother ain't throwing wild parties at my house while I'm away, OK?
I think he's outgrown those days when I'd come home from travel, the carpet would be soaked with beer and all the food gone! LOL

[i]"... Naw, we didn't have any parties, all was quiet[/i]"
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#26]
According to Dr. Drew, the high-pitched voice is not necessarily related to molestation (although that is often the case).  The little-girl voice can be caused by any childhood trauma; death of a loved one, divorce, molestation, etc.
Dr. Drew and his sidekick, Adam Corolla are both quite adept at reading voices.  When they get someone on the show (Loveline) that has an unusual voice, they will place bets to see if they can correctly guess what happened in that persons past, and at what age.  It's eerie how often they're right.
The bottom line is this:  If you're dating a girl with a sqeaky voice, it may be a sign of some heavy emotional baggage that could rear it's ugle head later on in the relationship (see some of the recent divorce threads).
If you're attracted to girls with squeaky voices, that can also be a sign that you are co-dependant and prone to make poor relationship choices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top