Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2001 5:18:08 PM EDT
I own several AR's, tactical scatterguns, a couple sniper rifles, and some real nice duty and combat pistols.  Could never justify spending money on a .22 rifle.  I finally bought one, and will take it to the range this week to see why the .22's seem to have a cult following much like the ar15 fans.
I got a Ruger 10/22 with a Shilen 18" heavy barrel, Volquarsten laminated stock with high cheek rest, stainless receiver with a custom 2lb. crisp trigger, and a Leupold VariX III 2.5 - 8 power scope with complete Leupold mounts, and low rings.  I paid $600.  This "mouse" gun had better shoot nails!
Did I get a good deal?  Recommended loads for accuracy?  Loads for hunting?  Do I need a spare parts kit?
Any feedback would be appreciated since I'm new to the .22 world.
***ptp
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you got a good one...only thing I would worry about is who did the work.....bought my first 10-22 in 1967 for 65 dollars brand spankin` new....been spoutin` thousands of rounds through them ever since.....(have 4 now -I think)...spare parts?....not likely.........FUN WOW!........[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top