Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 7:29:11 PM EDT
I clean my car and the next day I wake up and it has bird crap all over the passenger side window.  It looks like a bird's intestines exploded.  It never fails every morning it is there.  It is also all over my front porch.  Anyone ever tried an owl decoy to keep birds away?  Any other suggestions.  I can't shoot it because 1) it is apparently happening early in the morning while I'm still asleep and 2) I cannot discharge a firearm at my house.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quit parking under the front porch?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:40:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy a garage.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Seriously, what kind of birds are doing the deed?
Robins and doves are some the messier ones I have to deal with.
An Owl decoy is worth trying, They certainly do frighten some birds away.

If you can avoid parking under power lines and roost trees, you'll avoid a lot of that crap.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
quote]Quoted:
Buy a garage.
View Quote

I have a garage.  The wife parks in it because right now we are storing stuff in it until we find somewhere else for it then both cars can park inside.

Quoted:
Seriously, what kind of birds are doing the deed?
Robins and doves are some the messier ones I have to deal with.
An Owl decoy is worth trying, They certainly do frighten some birds away.

If you can avoid parking under power lines and roost trees, you'll avoid a lot of that crap.
View Quote

That's the thing.  I don't park under any powerlines or trees.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top