Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/2/2004 2:56:35 PM EST
Some of these people have waaayyyy too much time on their hands!
Can't say its not pretty cool though.
Tippmann A5 Mods
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:59:42 PM EST
My buddy is a paintballer. he is looking into buying an AR and he gets very frustrated with me when I tell him that the experience that he has with modding his paintball guns and the parts used to do it, don't translate very well to real firearms.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:01:31 PM EST
They call them "markers" to keep from scaring little kids and soccer moms. Just thought you should know.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:03:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By Pangea:
They call them "markers" to keep from scaring little kids and soccer moms. Just thought you should know.

My Bushmaster M4 Marker
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:14:36 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:17:58 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:25:36 PM EST
Very nice!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:28:15 PM EST
I'm not a Paintball fan, but from looking at some of those I think wouldn't mind owning one.

If anything else, I have to appreciate the time, money and workmanship some of these people put into these things.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:29:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 3:30:54 PM EST by gaspain]
I believe that if it doesnt make it shoot faster or straiter- then it doesnt belong, like lol on the fake magazines.

that said, here is my A5...its on ebay right now if anyone is interested. Painted sniper green with Lauer weaponry epoxy paints. (Marpat hopper)

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:31:53 PM EST
Somebody put a MAGPUL on a paintball gun?!

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:35:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By TheRicker:
Nice job on the P90 lookalike.

Yeah, its very cool.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:04:48 PM EST
HOLY SHIT !!!!! Check out this vid of an A-5 in action

evil.xclive.com/beaverbuddya5rt.mpeg
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:37:17 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:42:37 PM EST
I heard Shumer and Fienstien want to ban the evil features on these assault paint markers. Pretty soon that collapsible stock tippman will be worth big bucks. And what about the pistol grip? Those have no real sporting purpose and are designed only to spray and pray. And who needs more than one shot per trigger pull, or a magazine capacity of more than ten? These paint-hoses are flooding the streets of our youth with more thrusts per squeeze. How many more mr speaker? how many more!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:58:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 4:59:03 PM EST by soldier666]
paintball guns suck in my opinion. Here is my G36c airsoft gun.You gotta love this more than them paintball guns. Don't ya?

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:04:17 PM EST

Originally Posted By bung:
Now, this is fast.

Whoa! what was that?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:19:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By gaspain:

Now, this is fast.

Whoa! what was that?

That thing would rock for shooting fat kids!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:24:35 PM EST

Now, this is fast.

Whoa! what was that?

That is a video of the HALO loader and an E-Mag, I believe, being fired at 20 balls per second.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:24:43 PM EST

Now, this is fast.

Whoa! what was that?

That would be either an AMT Automag or 2003 or older Smart Parts Shocker with a Halo B loader.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:44:52 PM EST
holy shit. where were those when I used to play paintball. Loved the AK-A5.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:50:35 PM EST
My brother is BIG into paintball.

Lets put it this way: Two weeks ago, he bought a $2,000 "marker."
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:54:28 PM EST
very cool stuff! i would take one of those!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:57:48 PM EST

I believe that if it doesnt make it shoot faster or straiter- then it doesnt belong, like lol on the fake magazines.

that said, here is my A5...its on ebay right now if anyone is interested. Painted sniper green with Lauer weaponry epoxy paints. (Marpat hopper)

aequantum.com/ebay/paintballa5.JPG

Some of those fake magazines can be used to store a squegee and some spare o-rings. The only thing I did to my A5 was to put an after market barrel on it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:11:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By MagKnightX:

Now, this is fast.

Whoa! what was that?

That would be either an AMT Automag or 2003 or older Smart Parts Shocker with a Halo B loader.

It's an AGD Emag on reactive. Reactive triggers on the tippman and Emag are pretty weak since you're just sweet spotting the trigger. If you walk a tournament marker you'll easily be faster than either one of those (20+ bps). About a year or so ago, one guy put another in the hospital. Knocked him unconcious with 13 shots to the head from about a foot away. The sport is in the shitter.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:13:49 PM EST
I dont get into it, I had 2 $20 dollar gun for shooting at stray aniamls years back.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:05:26 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:20:04 AM EST

Originally Posted By TheRicker:

Originally Posted By mcgrubbs:
My brother is BIG into paintball.

Lets put it this way: Two weeks ago, he bought a $2,000 "marker."

Angel?

Don't know what you mean ther with "Angel?" Is that a brand of marker??
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:45:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By Bushrag:
Some of these people have waaayyyy too much time on their hands!
Can't say its not pretty cool though.
Tippmann A5 Mods

So how much are those going for? Checking out that video, that's some serious paint going downrange
and looks to be decent accuracy too. Damn.... my daughter saw them when we went up to Cabela's in
PA a month or so back, and wants me to get her one. Still considering it... It's been a long time since
I messed with the paintball thing. Maybe I'll get her one so she can shoot it up at the farm. Her
uncle might get pissed if the mules show up out in th barnyard with purple rear-ends!

I got into it back in the early 80s when the 'markers' first came out, and you started hearing about
'those guys with the CO2 guns that shoot little paintballs and run around in camo shooting one another
with them.' The pistols were something like singleshot almost, ISTR. I had one, but I'll have to ask
my Dad whatever happened to it. I'd pretty much forgotten about it.....
Top Top