Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 8/22/2017 12:06:22 AM EDT
“As an organization, we have a profound respect for our country’s national anthem, flag and the servicemen and servicewomen in the United States and abroad,” the team said through a spokesperson. “We feel it’s important for our team to join in this great tradition and special moment of recognition, at the same time we also respect the great liberties afforded by our country, including the freedom of personal expression.”

Link
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:09:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Who is going to break the record next week?

Stay tuned to week four of the NFL preseason....

Yawn.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:10:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I hate football now.

College and Pro.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:11:13 AM EDT
[#3]
What a bullshit pandering to both sides answer.

The middle of the road is where dead raccoons hang out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:11:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
“As an organization, we have a profound respect for our country’s national anthem, flag and the servicemen and servicewomen in the United States and abroad,” the team said through a spokesperson. “We feel it’s important for our team to join in this great tradition and special moment of recognition, at the same time we also respect the great liberties afforded by our country, including the freedom of personal expression.”
Link
View Quote
So they respect the flag and use their freedom of expression to disrespect the flag they just said they respected.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:11:57 AM EDT
[#5]
What will they blame the ratings on this year?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:12:16 AM EDT
[#6]
National Felon League, expect nothing less.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:12:50 AM EDT
[#7]
They don't love America as much as I do.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:13:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Pathetic.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:13:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm done watching.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:13:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They don't love America as much as I do.
View Quote
The poor oppressed multi-million dollar salary game players?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:14:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:16:43 AM EDT
[#13]
This is why everyone is at each other's throats.

There is no escaping politics.  There is no refuge.  It must be all politics, all social justice, 24/7, 365.

You will not be allowed to escape it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:17:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Fuck the NFL

Fuck Rodger Godell
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:18:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Annnnnnd down goes the ratings for the NFL.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:18:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Meanwhile, the cell phone drones will continue to have their heads down and fingers flying while they support the NFL and make bets on their fantasy teams without a clue as to what's going on in the world around them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:20:06 AM EDT
[#17]
They might as well make the news for this kind of sjw bullshit. I don't see the Browns making the news for winning games.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:20:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There is no escaping politics.  There is no refuge.  It must be all politics, all social justice, 24/7, 365.

View Quote
Don't forget they need to be thinking about who has what parts in their pants and what they're doing with them. It's very important you know.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:22:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Is it the free tickets that get the military there?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Left has to have it that way, thats the only way the programming/propaganda works.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:27:17 AM EDT
[#21]
My Slushie dollars at work. Thanks, Pilot.

The Haslem brothers suck. Our governor could stop a lot of stupid political crap instead of encouraging it, and his brother Jim could put a stop to this disgraceful action if he really wanted to.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:27:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm done watching.
View Quote
I didn't plan on it.  Just seems like a lot of non-sense to have to ignore.  Cutting off cable helps...plenty of things to do....remember LA didn't have a team for a couple decades...longer than Kaepernick hasn't had a job.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:29:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Browns is not the politically correct nomenclature I believe what you meant was "African Americans"
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:30:22 AM EDT
[#24]
This nation is so fucked for allowing that. I mean, if anyone should be complaining about violence it is all the non-blacks in this country, since black men commit six times more violence on average. More rapes, more beatings, more armed robberies, and definitely more murders. Everywhere there are black areas the crime rate soars. Yet somehow--unbelievably--they claim to be victims of white violence? Someone needs to put an end to this insanity because it couldn't be more backwards from reality. At the very least, shut that ridiculous shit down. The only thing they have any credibility protesting is black gang violence, since black on black crime is off the charts! They should be complaining that police don't do enough to protect them, which is something I could get behind, but instead they want less blacks arrested? Don't even get me started. If black lives mattered to these shit heads then they would be wanting stop and frisk policies and harsher sentencing...but they want the opposite? Fucking stupid no matter how you look at it.

There is only one explanation besides utter ignorance and stupidity, and that is that they are stirring up race riots because they themselves are racists looking for violence.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:31:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I didn't plan on it.  Just seems like a lot of non-sense to have to ignore.  Cutting off cable helps...plenty of things to do....remember LA didn't have a team for a couple decades...longer than Kaepernick hasn't had a job.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm done watching.
This.

Cut the Cord, only have internet, get hulu or netflix (yes I know they are Leftists as well) for entertainment and only watch wholesome "old" programming.

Don't go to the games, don't buy the merchandise.

If you are hopelessly addicted listen on the radio (or via other non COC complaint means).

Hurt them the only way you can, in the wallet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:31:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Fuck sports, make memes.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:32:59 AM EDT
[#27]
I hope the NFL loses lots of money this season.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:34:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I hope the NFL loses lots of money this season.
View Quote
They did last year, and so did ESPN.

I hope they implode, worse than MLB did during the Strike.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The poor oppressed multi-million dollar salary game players?
View Quote
Literal slaves. Slaves!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:44:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Glad I canceled Sunday Ticket.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:45:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Dear NFL, unfuck your teams if you like your ratings.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't watch sport so my opinion is going to be weak based on what little I have seen.  Soccer and other foreign sports don't seem to have as much politics in their games.  Soccer hooligans, but not disrespecting of their own countries.  Maybe I am wrong.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:47:32 AM EDT
[#33]
And the NFL was always like this.  Go out and PT instead of watching these pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:48:28 AM EDT
[#34]
I am done with the NFL.

I have been a football fan for about 50 years.  The past few years I have become more and more disenfranchised.  It is supposed to be fun entertainment.......it's not that anymore.....for me and my family.

We will try to enjoy college football for a few more years until it too becomes intolerable.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:49:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I hate football now.

College and Pro.
View Quote
Played it in my youth and used to enjoy watching it as an adult. I'm just over it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:49:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thats cute how you think this is fixable.  If you watch the NFL, you are supporting felonious thugs who hate you and everything you believe in.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:50:00 AM EDT
[#37]
It's the fault of the owner and the coach.
If I owned a team I would address the crybabies at the beginning of the season and inform them that anyone who kneels or disrespects our nation, it's symbols or traditions would be on the bench or fired or both.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:51:39 AM EDT
[#38]
I've been saying for years that football's gay. Everyone's finally figuring it out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:52:20 AM EDT
[#39]
I have a feeling they are all going to regret this bullshit. When the ratings drop, and people stop watching and going to games, their million dollar salary's are going to evaporate.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:53:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Glad I canceled Sunday Ticket.
View Quote
yep.. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:53:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's the fault of the owner and the coach.
If I owned a team I would address the crybabies at the beginning of the season and inform them that anyone who kneels or disrespects our nation, it's symbols or traditions would be on the bench or fired or both.
View Quote
No, it's the entire business from top to bottom.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:53:25 AM EDT
[#42]
I stopped watching the National Felon League more than a decade ago. I guess I won't be watching for another 10 years.

Can't they just stay in the locker-room instead of spitting in the face of people who respect the flag and what it stand for?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:54:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I am done with the NFL.

I have been a football fan for about 50 years.  The past few years I have become more and more disenfranchised.  It is supposed to fun entertainment.......it's not that anymore.....for me and my family.

We will try to enjoy college football for a few more years until it too becomes intolerable.
View Quote
I've been a college football only guy for awhile. I did watch the SuperBowl last year, but it was more of a work party. Haven't been to a Lions game except for work purposes since they played in the Pontiac Silverdome.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:55:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have a feeling they are all going to regret this bullshit. When the ratings drop, and people stop watching and going to games, their million dollar salary's are going to evaporate.
View Quote
I think alot of NFL money is from TV revenue. Keep paying your cable bill. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:56:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Plenty of fools will line up to fill those seats. Hopefully, the Red Wings will be worth a damn this year.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:56:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I think alot of NFL money is from TV revenue. Keep paying your cable bill. 
View Quote
Don't have cable, and don't watch on network TV. I have used Hulu, Netflix and Amazon for years.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:57:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Thats cute how you think this is fixable.  If you watch the NFL, you are supporting felonious thugs who hate you and everything you believe in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep, and they are encouraged by Goodell.

But like you said, the average NFL player is a felonious borderline retard, that hates everything you believe in and you especially.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:57:43 AM EDT
[#48]
What the fuck are they protesting?        Can somebody please explain?    I don't follow sports.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:59:47 AM EDT
[#49]
would be nice if half or more of the stadium goers got up and left after they pull that shit
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:00:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I've been a college football only guy for awhile. I did watch the SuperBowl last year, but it was more of a work party. Haven't been to a Lions game except for work purposes since they played in the Pontiac Silverdome.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am done with the NFL.

I have been a football fan for about 50 years.  The past few years I have become more and more disenfranchised.  It is supposed to fun entertainment.......it's not that anymore.....for me and my family.

The things going on in college is as bad if not worse than the NFL, they basically whore out girls to secure recruits, everyone does it. Baylor is proof enough of that (and Ole Miss, Tennessee).

Everyone covers up sexual crimes (Vanderbilt, Penn State).

Everyone does it.

Alabama does it, Notre Dame does it, USC does it, Florida State does it, everyone. everywhere.

ETA:

Its always been like that, since the 1960s at least, my Dad's classmate/best friend played for Coach Bryant. He has stories, way beyond the 500 dollar handshake of SMU "infamy".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top