Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 5:47:00 PM EDT
On in 15 minutes, didn't find a thread for this week.

Looks like it's going to be pretty anti from the preview as it makes it look like they're going to purposely shoot a little kid
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Looks like it's going to be pretty anti from the preview as it makes it look like they're going to purposely shoot a little kid

Anybody still doubt what a LLLiberal-Defeatist POS this show is? Anyone still watching it?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anybody still doubt what a LLLiberal-Defeatist POS this show is? Anyone still watching it?

The two episodes I watched sure werent, I was actually surprised how conservative it was.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Group shit in the latrine!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I quit after a first episode.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#5]
ok
now it looks like it might actually be the dad and not the kid, but the previews definitely made it look like the kid was going to be the one they took out
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#6]
1st episode was a loser.
2nd episode was a "winner".
3rd episode was a loser.

So I didn't bother taping tonights show.

Did I make a mistake?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Your thread is the 1st.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#9]
i only saw last week and the tail end at that.
gona have to hunt for these on bittorrent it looks good.
a little soap opera ish but good still
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#10]
It's getting better.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:06:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Even with someone calling in fire and ranging you, how good do you have to be with a mortar to hit a compact car moving at ..um...let's say 40-50mph?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:53:44 AM EDT
[#12]
really stupid story but definitely the least leftist.

man, someone actually dated a fucking tv thread! sharky, you are the wind beneath my sheets!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:01:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I watched it. It sucks. If I'm going to waste time. I'll waste it on arfcom commenting on what a waste of time bad T.V. is.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:06:37 AM EDT
[#14]
It's getting better?! Maybe for a military soap opera, but certainly not as a show that has any basis in reality whatsoever.

OK, so let me get this straight.

The ONLY way that our forces can defeat a rogue insurgent mortar team is for an infantry squad, isolated on it's own, to take out the spotter, who can magically guide mortar rounds onto rapidly moving vehicles as if the mortar were a gimbal-mounted 81mm MK19 with radar lock-on?
No air surveillance? No offensive teams? Just sit in a bunker and kill the spotter? BS I say.

Pure BS. You cannot move the POI of a mortar, any mortar to follow the path of a rapidly moving vehicle along its path as it speeds away. pure, unadulterated hollywood BS. This is INDIRECT fire Gentlemen, it takes time to change angle/azimuth and POI, and though I have seen some very speedy mortarmen that can do it in seconds, ain't gonna happen fast or accurate to track the trajectory of a rapidly moving target and hit within a few feet each time, just because you have a spotter adjusting fire.

Having played with the four deuce mortar in my mech days, I can say it's a fantastic weapon for indirect fire on a predetermined target or zone, or when fire is adjusted by a spotter on a stationary target. It was never meant to be able to score direct single hits on a small moving target such as a was shown in this weeks episode.

Since the whole episode was based on this silly piece of hollywood nonsense, I give it an F-, and I especially give our ex-USMC military consultant an F-, hoping that he protested the script but that they just didn't listen to him.

Or maybe Iraqi insurgents have developed "SMART" laser guided mortar bombs with our friendly spotter guiding them on target with his PEQ and I'm just not aware of this latest weaponry
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:08:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
really stupid story but definitely the least leftist.

man, someone actually dated a fucking tv thread! sharky, you are the wind beneath my sheets!

I try to always do it
partly comes from posting at another site that has a dedicated TV forum
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top