Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/18/2004 9:04:06 AM EDT
Protestors Planning to Disrupt Republican National Convention (link)

Pro-Troop Organization Set to Fight Back
Against “Blame America” Crowd

[New York] -- In just three weeks, thousands of Republican delegates from around America will descend upon New York City for the 2004 Republican National Convention.

While convention delegates will announce their support for the re-election of President George Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney, another constituency will also be making its way to New York with a very different agenda.

Anti-war organizations have been planning for several months to organize the largest anti-war rally in U.S. history. And thousands of these “Blame America First” organizers have already arrived in New York, conducting meetings on how to disrupt the Republican National Convention and sabotage the message of support for our troops and the war on terrorism.

By the time the convention starts, organizers hope to have upwards of 1 Million anti-war protestors on hand to disrupt the convention – including promises of acts of civil disobedience and violence.

The pro-troop/pro-war-on-terrorism organization, Move America Forward [website: www.MoveAmericaForward.org], has been monitoring these groups and their intentions to capture the media spotlight.

Over 15,000 members of the news media from throughout the U.S. and the world are expected to be on hand to cover the Republican National Convention, giving anti-war protestors an international audience for their message. And one can be sure the news media will be all too willing to cover the protests.

“These organizations represent the most disturbing elements of the ‘Bash America’ crowd and they clearly are determined to use these protests to attract international media coverage for the anti-war movement,” declared Move America Forward Chairman, Howard Kaloogian.

Kaloogian, a three-term Republican representative in the California legislature who also chaired the Recall Gray Davis Committee says it’s time to fight back with a message of support for our troops and the war on terrorism.

“The stakes are high for our nation and the choices we will make when it comes to fighting the terrorist threat. We cannot allow the fringe of this country to break down public support for our military and the morale of our troops the way they did during the Vietnam War.”

How Move America Forward Plans to Fight Back

Move America Forward has produced a series of television ads, with more in production, that they will begin airing in late August, during the Republican National Convention and throughout the month of September.

The ads urge Americans to stand united in support of our troops and the war on terrorism. You can view the ads at the Move America Forward website by clicking this link: http://www.MoveAmericaForward.org/?Page=AdCampaign

“We have to realize that this is a battle for the hearts and minds of the American public. And since we know the news media will be sympathetic to the message of the anti-war crowd, we will have to broadcast our message direct and unfiltered to the public through the use of television and radio commercials,” said Kaloogian.

Kaloogian says Move America Forward is on a fundraising push for the next several weeks to reach their goal of over $5 million for their national television and radio ad blitz. The group is asking for help from Americans who want to see another voice to balance the lopsided coverage from the mainstream media.

“We’ve done smaller advertising buys to date, having raised hundreds of thousands of dollars, but now the stakes are being raised and we must be ready to respond to the “Blame America First” crowd at every turn.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:07:52 AM EDT
[#1]
If the just issued hunting permits, it'd be solved. Say, 3 Anti-War protesters per applicant? 3 applicants per household? Hell, I'll be good for 9 right there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#2]
This will turn out to be another hundred MILLION mom march...
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Get Some Wave!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:15:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If the just issued hunting permits, it'd be solved. Say, 3 Anti-War protesters per applicant? 3 applicants per household? Hell, I'll be good for 9 right there.

I'm up for that, but screw the limits.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#5]
And people wonder why you say osama would vote for Kerry.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Sure, like the Million Moms can gather more than 10 ro 15 people...

Sounds to me like it is a target rich environemnt for criminals.  More power to them.

Wave, you need to be looking th eother way for a while.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Get Some Wave!

I want to see pics of Wave nightsticking some commie-wannabe-antiamerican a$$hat!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Get Some Wave!

I think I'm going to go be one of the protestors...I hear those chicks are pretty easy.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#9]
a-ha! I have divined the Bushitler's secret plan! He's deliberately driven up gas prices so the hippies can't drive across country from the PacNorthwest and Left Coast to NYC.

and after attending and witnessing a few Anit-everything marches, and reading their self-aggrandizing bullshit before and after, "1,000,000" means something like 1000-5000max.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get Some Wave!

I think I'm going to go be one of the protestors...I hear those chicks are pretty easy.

Need a tag-along? I'll drive half the time, you drive the other half. We can make it in 20 hours flat.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like I need to pick up some more ammo.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:45:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Most of them are going to be jobless (by choice) punks looking for some mischief. Namely, taking out their latent hatred on people who work to put food on the table.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
In all seriousness, I get the feeling this is going to be some crazy ass shit! You best believe I'm coming home at the end of my shift...

Godspeed, Wave.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
In all seriousness, I get the feeling this is going to be some crazy ass shit! You best believe I'm coming home at the end of my shift...

PLEASE take some pics.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Most of them are going to be jobless (by choice) punks looking for some mischief. Namely, taking out their latent hatred on people who work to put food on the table.

You mean Liberal College kids who know everything but actually have little to no life experience,Right??
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
and after attending and witnessing a few Anit-everything marches, and reading their self-aggrandizing bullshit before and after, "1,000,000" means something like 1000-5000max.

Aren't you being overly generous?  The last MMM had, what, two dozen people?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PLEASE take some pics.

I think each officer will have his own "World's Wildest Police videos" helmet cam running....with audio....just for the ACLU and UN observers.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:06:53 AM EDT
[#19]
I was a bit concerned about the lack of entertainment at the RNC.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#20]
When they chain themselves to something, or across an intersection....

...piss on them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#21]
So will these "millions of protestors" be the same "million" that showed up at the MMM rally?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#22]
here's an idea to ultimatly kill the march.

make them get jobs.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#23]
ProtestWarrior should be representing in full effect, no doubt bringing home some great video footage.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

you have our blessing for all the JBThuggery you would like!

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#25]
You guy do understand that this is payback for the righties disrupting the DNC in Boston...
Oooppss, never mind that didn't happen did it..hmmm, guess the right believes in the lefts right to have thier convention in peace...too bad the left doesn't feel the same.

Hey wave...lock and load the rubber bullets and aim low man.. The lateset less-than-lethal shit is beyond cool. Talk in the industry is that a "sonic" device is in the final stages of developement. It's supposed to disable human motor function....in laymans terms when hit with this you go limp and piss/shit your self...maybe the first "live fire" demo can take place on the hippies at the RNC.

Someone needs to post the pic of the hippy chick that took a rubber round to the jaw in 'Frisco awhile back. I was during a protest were they were trying to stop supplies from being loaded and shipped to Iraq. I lost the pic when my HD tooka shit. That pic was priceless...
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Good to see people of the greatest 'most tolerent' nation on earth some of the least out there. So much for the first ammendment.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#27]
I got 2 cases of eggs ready to be thrown at some protestors in Midtown.  

Should I hard boil them?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:55:50 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Should I hard boil them?

No, no, no.  Leave them outside in the hot sun until its time to use them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Good to see people of the greatest 'most tolerent' nation on earth some of the least out there. So much for the first ammendment.

Boo hoo...

I don't like it when people announce their intentions to "shut down" NYC.  
NYC is a vital hub in our economy.  Threats like that deserve scrutiny.

Besides... tolerance?
I have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to vile, foul-smelling hippies.
And if I see one of these guys....

I'm gonna hurt them, bad.

It's funny.  The Left is so very tolerant, that they allow people like this to march side by side with them.  No one ever says, "hey, that's wrong... we don't support that".
Oh, sure... they'll say that everyone has a right to their opinion, no matter how, blah, blah....
But I guarantee they wouldn't have allowed a "I support the troops when they shoot Blacks" sign.
Would they?
Of course not.  And they shouldn't.
But they have no problem marching with these folks.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#30]
i have heard things about these assholes throwing balloons filled with piss etc.

The worst thing of all is how the dpt is telling us how we have to be nice to them and what not.

The Civilian Complain Review Board is going to be out ENCOURAGING these anti-americans to make complaints against police officers.

the biggest problem is that the city government implicitly agrees with and supports the protestors.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#31]
It has nothing to do with "Free Speech" when it involves throwing rocks and garbage cans through storefront windows. Or looting. Or beating counter-demonstrators to a pulp. That's not "Speech."

That's anarchist thuggery. Big difference.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#32]
...and when private citizens take action against protestors to shut them up, it in no way violates their 1st Amendment rights.
The government doing something to shut them up.... maybe
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
By the time the convention starts, organizers hope to have upwards of 1 Million anti-war protestors on hand to disrupt the convention – including promises of acts of civil disobedience and violence.

Good.  I don't want to see anybody complaining when the cops start kicking the shit out of these people if they go ahead with those promises.  People don't seem to realize they have no protected right to violent protest.  You have a right to "peaceably assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances".  If they want to become violent, that's fine, but the law enforcement officers at that point have every right in the world to start lobbing tear gas and whatever means necessary to diffuse the situation.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
You guy do understand that this is payback for the righties disrupting the DNC in Boston...
Oooppss, never mind that didn't happen did it..hmmm, guess the right believes in the lefts right to have thier convention in peace...too bad the left doesn't feel the same.

Hey wave...lock and load the rubber bullets and aim low man.. The lateset less-than-lethal shit is beyond cool. Talk in the industry is that a "sonic" device is in the final stages of developement. It's supposed to disable human motor function....in laymans terms when hit with this you go limp and piss/shit your self...maybe the first "live fire" demo can take place on the hippies at the RNC.

Someone needs to post the pic of the hippy chick that took a rubber round to the jaw in 'Frisco awhile back. I was during a protest were they were trying to stop supplies from being loaded and shipped to Iraq. I lost the pic when my HD tooka shit. That pic was priceless...

yes, please post it if you find it again!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Balloons filed with yellow paint, hmmm, why do I keep have recurring dreams of standing on a top of a building in NYC with  baloons filled with yellow paint.  Oh yeah, and one of those big rubber band, balloon launching things.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#36]
This is actually the best thing that could happen for our side.

Just who do you think the public is going to associate these clowns with when they start their rioting? Who has been at the forefront of the Hate Bush movement?

It's the Democrats who'll get the blame, and rightly so because this scum is the lunatic fringe that makes up the core of their party. We're going to witness the imploding of the Kerry campaign and they'll be powerless to stop it. They embraced the horror and now they won't be able to turn it off.

Already the undecided voters are questioning just who it is that will best be able to protect them. Do you think they see that answer in the hate filled, rioting lunatic fringe? Kerry will try to back pedal his way out of this but it's too late for him, he's already told too many lies and this one resembles him and his party way too much to deny.

The horror...the horror...and it's all Kerry's. What do you know. Kerry will actually get to live out his Apocolypse Now Cambodian fantasy....
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boo hoo...

I don't like it when people announce their intentions to "shut down" NYC.  
NYC is a vital hub in our economy.  Threats like that deserve scrutiny.

Besides... tolerance?
I have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to vile, foul-smelling hippies.
And if I see one of these guys....
www.chapelhill.indymedia.org/uploads/shoot_their_officers.jpg
I'm gonna hurt them, bad.

It's funny.  The Left is so very tolerant, that they allow people like this to march side by side with them.  No one ever says, "hey, that's wrong... we don't support that".
Oh, sure... they'll say that everyone has a right to their opinion, no matter how, blah, blah....
But I guarantee they wouldn't have allowed a "I support the troops when they shoot Blacks" sign.
Would they?
Of course not.  And they shouldn't.
But they have no problem marching with these folks.

WTF?!?!?!?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Liberals volunteering as Human Shields for a GOP convention. What a concept! I always thought that if there was going to be another 9/11 style terrorist attack, it would probably happen at the GOP convention. Now, if there is an attack, liberals will be the first to go
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Shift!   Hahahahahaha!!!

NO shift, Pal!  Forget it.  Youse guyz are ON shift 24/7 until the Republicans are all broke and gone home drunk and the protesters are all in the clink enjoying the warm genle hospitality of 1PP and surrounding precinct houses!

Seriously Wave...stay safe (and get a few for  us...OK?)
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:05:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Woot....found pic.
Hope they all look like her on the bus ride home...

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#41]
One major BENEFIT to having one million people we don't like surrounding the convention.  A terrorist with a truck bomb would vaporize the hippy bastards that profess love for his "civil rights" and his "cause".
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Woot....found pic.
Hope they all look like her on the bus ride home...href=www.ex-okay.com/friends/jason/0407-05.jpg

Jesus I bet that hurt! Lets hope they have more rounds.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#43]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you imagine what this could do for the national debt?  I'd pay at least a good, non-resident deer tag price!  Of course, these'd be varmints not useful animals like deer.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:03:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Woot....found pic.

www.ex-okay.com/friends/jason/0407-05.jpg

Hey!  She's wearin' plaid!

what are the odds....
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#45]
x
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Should I hard boil them?

Nope just fire away.

CRC
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#47]

I believe the NYPD can probably handle the crowd--that is, if they're allowed to. And if someone starts getting rough, the brass won't find it all that easy to criticize a little street justice as long as it doesn't get on tv....

Stay safe, Wave.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#48]
The DNC will be requesting that the UN provide people to monitor the situation to insure the protesters aren't mistreated.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Woot....found pic.

[Nelson] HA HA! [/Nelson]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#50]
A million protesters ?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top