Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2010 7:10:34 PM EDT
I'm sorry, am I missing something? I understand that there are a good portion of you that do backflips and blow the kazoo when American jobs are shipped overseas but is NBC for real on this one?

In this job market they put out this flaming pile of shit about sending American jobs to fucking India? Really?

Jobs going to India don't affect me, but I have known good people in IT that it has ruined.

Make no mistake, this is a calculated effort to normalize outsourcing work to the usual dolts that tune in to NBC for their nonsense. NBC writers, especially Tina Fey really believe their shit is brilliant, in a literary sense, it is dung.

This show will flop, but not before NBC props it up through at least half a season.

Fuck you NBC and fuck George McGovern
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Typical "fish out of water" premise.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree 100%

It's an attempt to normalize globalization and it will backfire miserably on NBC with ~20% real unemployment.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Shut the fuck up and watch TV Peon.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Shut the fuck up and watch TV Peon.

You are right. How dare I question our overlords at NBC and the junkfood for the brain they peddle.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Will not be watching.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I stopped watching NBC when they cancelled Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip...  Lots of liberal crap but a cool show.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I stopped watching NBC when they cancelled Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip...  Lots of liberal crap but a cool show.

I stopped watching NBC when I outgrew Saturday morning cartoons.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stopped watching NBC when I outgrew Saturday morning cartoons.

What's this NBC you speak of? I haven't had cable or a set of rabbit ears since 2002
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#9]
When The Office ends next year I'll likely never watch NBC again.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't get why people are so worked up about out-sourcing.

A guarantee that if your business required a 24/7 telephone support operation, you would contract with an Indian company to do it.  They cost less, work harder, and do a better job.  Plus you don't have the regulatory obligations (especially tax), and the tort liability, not to mention insurance and cradle to grave obligations for all your employees, and etc., etc.

Businesses outsource because of our government, our liberal society, and our lazy citizens.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#11]
It's going to be 75% "look at the ugly American in a foreign land, we're so superior to flyover country" and 25% "look at the noble savages, the things they do are so funny, they are just like people".  Similar to most of NBC's other offerings.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Is this one of those faux outrage threads?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Is this one of those faux outrage threads?

Yes.  Get with the program.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I would destroy that hot Indian girl in that show.

I wonder if her pussy tastes like curry?

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:46:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

A guarantee that if your business required a 24/7 telephone support operation, you would contract with an Indian company to do it.  They cost less, work harder, and do a better job.  Plus you don't have the regulatory obligations (especially tax), and the tort liability, not to mention insurance and cradle to grave obligations for all your employees, and etc., etc.

Businesses outsource because of our government, our liberal society, and our lazy citizens.

That is complete bullshit.

The ONLY reason companies use Indian phone support is because it is cheaper.

US companies could give a rat's ass about the quality of the support, it's all about the bottom line. If you think an Indian named "Phil" can do a better job than an American, you are nuts. Those fuckers barely speak English.

And what's this BS about "cradle to grave obligations?" LOL!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#16]
if gvernment didn't insist on inflationary policy and growing the government faster than the economy or population  we wouldn't need to worry about outsourcing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#17]
My wifey and I saw the commercial for it, then looked at each other.

I was at NBC News when they moved IT support to India.
I really thought it was a joke when I got an e-mail telling mt to call "India" if I had an IT problem.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#18]
My wifey and I saw the commercial for it, then looked at each other.

I was at NBC News when they moved IT support to India.
I really thought it was a joke when I got an e-mail telling mt to call "India" if I had an IT problem.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Because it turns people into Democrats, that's why.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:27:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I would destroy that hot Indian girl in that show.
I wonder if her pussy tastes like curry?

Yes it does.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because it turns people into Democrats, that's why.
forcing companies out of business through higher labor costs does too.

outsourcing isn't the problem.  the government is the problem that is causing the outsourcing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top