Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/31/2015 4:50:52 PM EDT

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/08/31/outrage-after-auschwitz-installs-showers-to-cool-down-visitors/?intcmp=hpbt4

Mist showers have reportedly been installed at the death camp’s entrance to help tourists battle the high summer temperatures in Poland, where Auschwitz is located.

However, for some Jewish visitors to the museum, the showers have evoked harsh memories of the execution of more than 1.1 million at the death camp, many of whom were murdered by being marched into showers filled with poison gas.
View Quote

uh... Like the entire facility does not evoke harsh memories of the holocaust? I swear people try to find shit to be upset about. Am i being insensitive here?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm getting really fucking sick of that word "outrage".

Is it just me, or has the usage of it exploded over the past couple of years?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Good T-shirt idea

"I survived the showers at Auschwitz"
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/08/31/outrage-after-auschwitz-installs-showers-to-cool-down-visitors/?intcmp=hpbt4

Mist showers have reportedly been installed at the death camp’s entrance to help tourists battle the high summer temperatures in Poland, where Auschwitz is located.

However, for some Jewish visitors to the museum, the showers have evoked harsh memories of the execution of more than 1.1 million at the death camp, many of whom were murdered by being marched into showers filled with poison gas.
View Quote

uh... Like the entire facility does not evoke harsh memories of the holocaust? I swear people try to find shit to be upset about. Am i being insensitive here?
View Quote

I'm usually pretty sympathetic to this, but enjoy the heatstroke, I guess
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good T-shirt idea

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote
Why visit then? Sounds dumb.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#6]
As a Pole AND half Jew I can see how it would be awkward, but I sure as fuck wouldn't be outraged.

I had at least two relatives in work camps (maybe more).

Polska is hot as fuck this time of year.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Or bring some bottled water.............

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Makes for a witty t-shirt.

I went to Auschwitz, and all I got was a free shower.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#9]
The "showers"back then was not a shower it was  gas chamber

The "showers" now are outdoor misters to keep visitors cool so they can honor the dead.

ungrateful people need to man the f__ up, globally.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#10]
cooling/misting stations are far from being "showers..."
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:57:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Good T-shirt idea

View Quote

oh boy
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:57:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good T-shirt idea

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good T-shirt idea

OK; I laughed... I should feel bad about it...

On the other hand; who in their right FUCKING mind would take a shower at Auschwitz???
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Did they contract Siemens out for this?

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#15]
But do they put metallic ionized salts in the water?

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

I agree. You are not being insensitive.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#17]
So, it's the Poles that are setting this up, right? Not like it's ze Germans doing it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Meh...adds a bit of ambience, is all.

And, misting systems are not showers.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I rost. I will admit. Funny shit if you have a sense of humor and thick skin.

However I would question the dumbass that said in colonel Klink voice "let's put showers in auschwitz to cool down ze tourists". Evil laugh. Fucking idiot
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

So these people don't shower at home?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#21]

pic of misters
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

On the other hand; who in their right FUCKING mind would take a shower at Auschwitz???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good T-shirt idea

on the other other hand how many people still remember the showers?

and those misters are freaking awesome.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Everyone using the word "outrage" at every little problem just outrages me!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:09:00 PM EDT
[#25]
evoke harsh memories?

Unless you were in the camp, I don't see how they are evoking your memories.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#26]

That;s no shower..

C'mon,I'm setting someone up here...
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

all that hub bub over a tube?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's marketing buzzwords for you.

Hey, remember ASSAULT everything in the 90s, TACTICAL in the 00s? Same shit.

OUTRAGE, for some reason, is still getting people to pay attention for a few seconds. So they throw it in everywhere. And people like hearing about why other people are mad apparently.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

OMG. Zyklon B  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that's the case then there is 3 of us being insensitive. sSorry I don't see a problem with it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Honestly, this time, yes. Good intentions but a really poor choice. I do think though, that as we go farther away in time from these events, more dumb stuff is likely to happen.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#34]
If it makes it easier for more folks to visit the site then go for it.  The more people whom are educated the more power to make sure the Holocaust never happens again, to any race, creed, color or religion.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Seems pretty silly to me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#36]
You would think getting extremely hot would bring back bad memories also.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:46:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Good T-shirt idea

View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
As a Pole AND half Jew I can see how it would be awkward, but I sure as fuck wouldn't be outraged.

View Quote

So would you rather be cooled off  or would you rather have a heat stroke where your ancestors were murdered? Ill take cool mist for 1000 Alex.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

So would you rather be cooled off  or would you rather have a heat stroke where your ancestors were murdered? Ill take cool mist for 1000 Alex.

Now, setting them up in the actual shower rooms? Well that might be a little too much.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

OK.. I dont even feel bad any more. People are pussies.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#41]
weren't the shower heads in the gas chambers just dummies/ornaments?... I mean, it's not like the gas came outta shower heads right?

what's the problem here?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Good T-shirt idea

View Quote
Oh man. I'm going to hell for laughing at that

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Good T-shirt idea

View Quote

Love it.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#44]
What if some smartass decided to mount some stickers on the pipes?

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#45]
That's a stupid thing to be upset about, IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#46]
mirrors the bleating bleeding hearts heard round the world currently
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Those mist showers probably aren't enough to curtail heat injury. They should further mitigate the grave threat by adjusting the facilities climate control systems, as I hear they run the ovens constantly.

Also, they should have park employees, appropriately uniformed of course, go around and use squirt guns to help cool guests off even more. To prevent inconvenience, they should just squirt the guests in the back of the head.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Good T-shirt idea

View Quote

NO!
I showered at Auschwitz.

Sounds better.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Good T-shirt idea

View Quote
available in the gift shop.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Those "showers" are probably cooling misters.   People are getting upset that they wanted more people to learn about the horrors of the holocaust by making visitors more comfortable in the heat (especially elderly and kids).   The more people who go there and actually see things with their own eyes = the best way to make sure it never happens again.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top