Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 9:11:50 AM EDT
By John Herrman, 9:20 AM on Tue Jun 16 2009

There are more than a few approaches to the twinned problems of insufficient plug space and cable tangle, but the obscenely overdone Outlet Wall concept, courtesy of Ironic Sans, is easily my favorite.

Say what you will about feasibility—the Outlet Wall looks fantastic. Replacing the whole surface with hundreds of live outlets is a practical guarantee that you'll burn your entire house down, so in practice, the wall would have to be made mostly out of dead sockets. But discussing the practical implications of the Outlet Wall feels dumb, and kind of misses the point.

Aside from the neat switchboard aesthetic, the Outlet Wall's message is what really resonates: This room here? This room is for technology."
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Kinda....................cool, I guess, in an odd sorta way
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Meh, looks like a huge waste of money.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:14:36 AM EDT
[#3]
That their is Al Gore's own personal nightmare. I love it.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:16:34 AM EDT
[#4]
There's not an electrical inspector on the planet that would pass that mess.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That their is Al Gore's own personal nightmare. I love it.

Now that you mention it - it would be great to drive tree hugger environmentalists absolutely nuts.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There's not an electrical inspector on the planet that would pass that mess.

Given the right resources - I don't see why it couldn't be done to code.  And its not as if all of the receptacles have to be powered.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I Like It!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#8]
With my luck anything I needed to plug in there would have a twist lock on it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I want to see the laundry room, with a wall full of 220V!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top