User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/25/2006 3:49:23 PM EDT
Here we go again....

Outcry in Germany as anti-Semitic film sells out
By Tony Paterson in Berlin
(Filed: 26/02/2006)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/02/26/wfilm26.xml&DCMP=EMC-new_26022006

A virulently anti-Semitic film about the Iraq war has provoked a storm of protest in Germany after it sold out to cheering audiences from the country's 2.5 million-strong Turkish community.

Valley of the Wolves, by the Turkish director Serdan Akar, shows crazed American GIs massacring innocent guests at a wedding party and scenes in which a Jewish surgeon removes organs from Iraqi prisoners in a style reminiscent of the Nazi death camp doctor Joseph Mengele.

US soldiers storm a wedding party in a scene from the film

Bavaria's interior minister admitted last week that he had dispatched intelligence service agents to cinemas showing the film to "gauge" audience reaction and identify potential radicals.

Edmund Stoiber, the state's conservative prime minister, has appealed to cinema operators to remove what he described as "this racist and anti-Western hate film" from their programmes.

The £6 million film, the most expensive Turkish production ever made, had already proved a box office hit in Turkey, where it first opened last month at a gala attended by the wife of the country's prime minister.

The production went on general release in Germany a fortnight ago and has had full houses ever since. More than 130,000 people, most of them young Muslims, saw the film in the first five days of its opening. At a packed cinema in a largely Turkish immigrant district of Berlin last week, Valley of the Wolves was being watched almost exclusively by young Turkish men. They clapped furiously when the Turkish hero of the film was shown blowing up a building occupied by the United States military commander in northern Iraq.

In the closing sequence, the hero is shown plunging a dagger into the heart of a US commander called Sam, played by Billy Zane. The audience responded by standing up and chanting "Allah is great!"

Afterwards, an 18-year-old member of the audience said: "The Americans always behave like this. They slaughtered the Red Indians and killed thousands in Vietnam.

"I was not shocked by the film, I see this on the news every day."

The nature of the film and the enthusiastic reception given to it by young Muslims, has both shocked and polarised politicians and community leaders.

Bernd Neumann, the culture minister in Chancellor Angela Merkel's government complained last week that the reaction to the film "raises serious questions about the values of our society and our ability to instil them".

Kenan Kolat, the head of Germany's Turkish community, insisted that a ban on the film would make matters worse. "If it is withdrawn, it will raise levels of identification with the film," he said. "A democracy must be able to endure films that it doesn't approve of."

Alin Sahin, the film's distributor in Germany, argued: "When a cartoonist insults two billion Muslims it is considered freedom of opinion, but when an action film takes on the Americans it is considered demagoguery. Something is wrong."

But those arguing for a ban on Valley of the Wolves appeared to have won a partial victory last week when Cinemaxx, one of Germany's largest cinema chains, announced that it was withdrawing the film.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Everything is propaganda for someone...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Afterwards, an 18-year-old member of the audience said: "The Americans always behave like this. They slaughtered the Red Indians and killed thousands in Vietnam.

These people are as full of shit as they can possibly be!  We fight with one hand behind our backs because of political considerations, rather than cleaning house.  Our boys and girls are killed through attrition and this film of make believe shit has the junior jonny jihads all stirred up!

What was their opinion of the innocents beheaded by their "brothers" on live streaming video?  No prob, right!  They were infidels, not humans!  Only Muslims are humans!

Funny thing - this, plus the post from Paolo in Italy, show just what a great job the Muslims are doing at being professional victims.  Everyone persecutes us, boo hoo.

Folks around the globe had better wake up to this real fast, or wake up one day wondering where their country went.  If these Muslims don't appreciate or like their host country the GTFO!

Poor mistreated bastards....  and Turks, more of our "allies."
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought anti-semitism was illegal in Germany.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#5]
it depends if you're a muslim, or not.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm trying to remember....who was it that said, "Off with their heads!"? Was it some French Queen?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm trying to remember....who was it that said, "Off with their heads!"? Was it some French Queen?

The queen in Alice in Wonderland.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Actually, we killed almost all the red indians and hundreds of thousands of people in VIetnam.  Maybe they should think about that before they fuck with us.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, we killed almost all the red indians and hundreds of thousands of people in VIetnam.  Maybe they should think about that before they fuck with us.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Who cares?  

A) it's just a movie
B) It's made BY idiots
C) it's made FOR idiots
D) idiot speech is still free speech, like it or not
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Who cares?  

A) it's just a movie
B) It's made BY idiots
C) it's made FOR idiots

Not in Germany it's not. I believe you can be jailed for anti-semitic speech.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Who cares?  

A) it's just a movie
B) It's made BY idiots
C) it's made FOR idiots

Exactly!!!  I could also give a fuck if someone wants to take a picture of a cross dipped in urine.  I'm not going to cut off someone's head just because I'm a Christian and I have certain beliefs.

Live free or die.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I guess it's out turn to burn, pillage, and generally be pricks just like them when they did not like the cartoons.
Thats what I read into all that. Turn about is fair play.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Yeah. I shit on all of you!

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Yeah. I shit on all of you!

Someone just watched Platoon?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Gary Busey and Billy Zane.

Names to remember.

Fuckin' A.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Hey new guy, I care. When American lefties come out from behind their "Against the war but for the troops" doublespeak camouflage, I like to know about it.

A) No one here is talking about taking away their right to spout their patent falsehoods
B) Shove your 'free speech' straw man argument up your ass

-First up, I'm not as new as my stats would have you believe

Now, the matter at hand:

We all know that Hollywood is a bunch of two faced whores who like nothing more than to spit in the face of every right that it is convienent for them to do so.

and as for my "free speech straw man argument", I am a strong supporter of ALL our rights, including the right of EVERYONE to speak freely, regardless of what they may say.

I equate someone getting all worked up about something like this to someone getting all worked up about us owning guns, so YOU can take your selective rights, and shove them up YOUR ass.

thank you, that is all
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, yeah, I thought about that after I posted it.  I was really referring to the parts in red.  I mean, as a nation, we are so civilized nowadays, it's almost to our detriment.  These people don't really want the US military completely unleashed - there would be very little recognizable if we pulled out the stops.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Just imagine if it were 1944 and a couple American actors played in a movie sympathetic to the Germans or the Japanese empire...they'd be put up against a wall and shot.
Shame we don't do that anymore.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Gary Busey was in this movie?  

The only people who literally killed millions in Vietnam (and loas) was Pol Pot and the communists.  

The problem w/ these f'n muslims is that they want to hate us even if they have to swallow unverified lies about us to do it.  

We are already in a war of civilizations.  To them it is a holy war wheter we like it or not.  They will not stop until europe, n africa, india, etc, or maybe the whole friggin world is their version of a islamsic paradice despotic theocracy, or until they are dead.  

And fuck them w/ their sympathy for the indians.  WHat we did to the indians pales in comparison to what they did to NAfrica when it was western, and what they will do to europe if the Europeans won't start having some fucking babies.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
-First up, I'm not as new as my stats would have you believe

What were you banned for the first time around?

Besides, with 48 posts per day, you may want to study the ancient art of 'shutting the hell up'.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Besides, with 48 posts per day, you may want to study the ancient art of 'shutting the hell up'.

That's gonna leave a mark...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Bravo.

Another apologist.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

No, that's actually bullshit.  Sorry to be the one to tell you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Names to remember.

Fuckin' A.

Add Tito Ortiz and Spencer Garrett to that list.

Shitstains all.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

He plays a Jewish doctor who steals the organs from innocent Iraqis and sells them to rich people in New York, London, and Tel Aviv. Really.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He plays a Jewish doctor who steals the organs from innocent Iraqis and sells them to rich people in New York, London, and Tel Aviv. Really.

It's really too bad.  I always thought Gary Busey was very funny.

Turns out he's ACTUALLY mentally ill.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Names to remember.

I don't know if anyone else has seen the site, but there is one part on it that cracks me up every time I look at it. I was checked the site out the last time this movie was brought up on the boards and checked the website out. If you go to contact us you'll see what I mean. I thought Busey was in a cocaine induced rampage or something.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

What were you banned for the first time around?

Never banned, never even warned.  I voluntarily had my previous acct locked because I wanted to use this acct to become a team member.

and as for my PPD count, I like to participate.  Sue me
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, sounds exactly like what the CHINESE do to their prisoners and political dissidents. Oh, but I guess no one really gives a shit about the people who actually do it. It seems like a lot of people in the ME are the most gullible people in the world.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I doubt that there is a rich person in Tel Aviv who would take an organ from an arab.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:54:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

prop·a·gan·da:

The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.
Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause.

Name something that does not fall under that description.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:57:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bravo.

Another apologist.

I am most definitively not a Muslim apologist.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:19:55 PM EDT
[#40]
US forces killed an estimated 900,000 North Vietnamese military personnel.

Jihadis and their passive supporters take note.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:22:44 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I doubt that there is a rich person in Tel Aviv who would take an organ from an arab.

You must not follow the news at all.  Note story below.  Not to mention that Israelis are known to traffic in organs from India -- that isn't propaganda, that's simple fact.

Organs of slain Palestinian boy save Israeli lives

By Wael al-Ahmad
Mon Nov 7, 9:49 AM ET

The family of a Palestinian boy killed by Israeli troops have donated his organs to be used for transplants in Israel, voicing hope that the life-saving gesture could bring peace a little closer.

Soldiers shot and critically wounded 13-year-old Ahmad al-Khatib last week on a raid into the West Bank city of Jenin to look for militants. The army said troops mistook Khatib's toy gun for a real weapon.

Khatib died of his wounds in an Israeli hospital. After consulting with Muslim authorities, his family decided to give his organs to six Israelis awaiting transplants.

"We are doing it for humane purposes and for the sake of the world's children and the children of this country," Khatib's father Ismail told Reuters on Monday.

"When I donated my son's organs I did not say (they should be) for a Jewish child, an Arab child, whether Muslim or Christian."

Officials at Israel's Beilinson and Schneider hospitals, said that the Israelis who received Khatib's lungs, kidneys and liver included several Jews. A member of Israel's Bedouin Arab minority, 12-year-old Samach Riad, received the boy's heart.

"They changed her heart and now everything is good," said Riad's father Gabdan. "I hope that, thanks to the Palestinian family from Jenin, peace will be coming now."

Medical personnel on both sides have tried to remain free of the bloodshed and recrimination during violence that erupted after peace talks stalled in 2000. Fighting surged again recently, striking a blow to a nine-month-old truce.

Israeli and Palestinian ambulance teams often cooperate in evacuating victims of violence. Some sick Palestinians receive treatment in Israel, although the Jewish state restricts entry permits citing security needs.

In 2002, a 7-year-old Palestinian girl received the kidney of Jonathan Jesner, a Briton killed in a Tel Aviv suicide bombing.

"I think the most important principle here is that life was given to another human being," Jesner's brother, Ari, said at the time.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:23:38 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

prop·a·gan·da:

The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.

Almost everything.  Most woks of fiction aren't disseminated systematically, and most are meant to make money, not further a cause.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

prop·a·gan·da:

Almost everything.  Most woks of fiction aren't disseminated systematically, and most are meant to make money, not further a cause.

So, Hollywood movies are not distributed according to any regular release schedule and distribution system, and the authors and directors have no desire to express their personal opinions with their works?  

Where have you been?

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#45]
In a way this is good. Now the chances of Turkey ever becoming a member of the EU is like 0.0000000000000000000000000000000%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOPEEEEE!!!!!
I think they'll let China become an EU member before they let Turkey in now!

Of course all the Brusells euroweenies will talk about "we have to build a bridge between east and west!" wahhh waaah waaah! "turkey is a secular democracy" Yeah right, whatever Jaques.  As long as the individual countries of Europe get to vote in who gets membership they will NEVER, EVER, EVER get in.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#46]
[John Rambo] THEY DREW FIRST BLOOD!!![John Rambo]

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#47]
The Germans are reaping what they have sown....it's just going to get worse.

WBK
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

prop·a·gan·da:

So, Hollywood movies are not distributed according to any regular release schedule and distribution system, and the authors and directors have no desire to express their personal opinions with their works?  

Where have you been?

Some Hollywood films are designed to advance a point of view, but most are simply to make as much money as possible.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:05:39 PM EDT
[#49]
I agree, they are also used to make money.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I agree, they are also used to make money.

No, they are PRIMARILY DESIGNED to make money, the vast majority of them anyway.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top