Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/23/2004 7:38:09 AM EST
So, yesterday I'm watching Demolition Man. During the scene after Snipes escapes from Cryo-prison, they are checking the parole hearing records for that morning, when low and behold, one of the names is Scott Peterson. Hmmm.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:40:45 AM EST
On the subject of this trial, why is it such a big deal? I don't mean disrespect to Laci and her unborn child, but what sets this murder case to National Coverage?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:47:10 AM EST

Originally Posted By 556A2:
On the subject of this trial, why is it such a big deal? I don't mean disrespect to Laci and her unborn child, but what sets this murder case to National Coverage?

Boredom in the news media. Looking for a story anywhere they can.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:47:54 AM EST

Originally Posted By 556A2:

I'm glad I'm not the only one asking that question. I don't have cable, so I only catch TV news at restaurants, etc. There seem to be three trials - that see,m to be very locally oriented dominating the national news. You wouldn't even know there is a war or presidential campaign going on depending on when you watched the news!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:51:39 AM EST
No. Because if he's found guilty of what he's charged with, a parole board is unlikely anything he'll ever see. Or at least that's how it should be.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:55:43 AM EST

I can't go near Fox News whenever Greta Van Sustern is on... she has such a hardon for the Peterson case I wanna puke... and that stupid Kobe garbage is just as bad... I can't wait till Jackson's trial starts, we'll never see any real news again...

Bread and circuses...

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:38:30 AM EST
My guess would be is because she was an attractive pregnant female.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:35:53 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:05:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By Adam_White:

Originally Posted By 556A2:On the subject of this trial, why is it such a big deal? I don't mean disrespect to Laci and her unborn child, but what sets this murder case to National Coverage?

I'm glad I'm not the only one asking that question. I don't have cable, so I only catch TV news at restaurants, etc. There seem to be three trials - that see,m to be very locally oriented dominating the national news. You wouldn't even know there is a war or presidential campaign going on depending on when you watched the news!

It's because of the 24 hour news cycle that makes everything news. That's the only reason that a small town murder case gets more coverage than a space shot. Watch for a while and you will think that a half a hour of news a day is enough. If you go to an old folks home they are watching the same news over and over again.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:12:00 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/23/2004 1:12:16 PM EST by twonami]
they also say President Schwarzenegger, it could happen
Top Top