I just got on and noticed the site was down, apparently someone must have kicked a cable out of the switch because the website was no longer talking to the database.
In an effort to reconnect them remotely (seeing if it was a hardware failure and NOT a physical network cable problem) I took a few minutes and was unable to get them talking. It definitely is a physical problem in the closet (there goes another 3 hours of driving to and from the damn closet!!!)
For the time being I have rerouted the traffic through backup nics in order to have the boxes talking over the switch. (Basically, I forced the PCs over a different network wire (may be a bit slower) in order for the site to be up and running for the time being.)
I apologize for the downtime, but sometimes stupid things happen which are 100% out of our control.