Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2002 7:02:27 PM EDT
I live in Gilbert,  Arizona in an upper class area that till now was nice and quiet...
Last night a group of teens went on a rampage hitting 14 homes. The distruction ranges fron a few hundred of dollars to a few thousand.
Al I can say is that they are lucky that I did not get them in the middle of the night swinging a machette in front of my door!...there would have been some body bags...

[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~dalecon/_uimages/025.jpg[/img]
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~dalecon/_uimages/027.jpg[/img]
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~dalecon/_uimages/029.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#1]
You should invest in a guard dog or have a .50 on top of your roof with motion detection.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude, move to the SOUTH, and experience the joy of GRASS![:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like the work of the Devil Dogs.

coyote3
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#4]
It was'nt kids, It was a Chupacabra, thank what ever god you pray to, that you don't have any goats on your property.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]
A lot of us did stupid shit like that when we were kids.  They'll grow out of that.  I'm sorry about your cacti.  They're pretty resilient, they'll live.  It sucks to see such beautiful things destroyed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:42:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#7]
My only comment is that you have a bizarre understanding of the American "upper class".  I guess that you mean "middle class"?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:06:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My only comment is that you have a bizarre understanding of the American "upper class".  I guess that you mean "middle class"?
View Quote

How can you tell whether someone is middle or upper?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:13:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

kids now do criminal acts for each others attention. [V]
View Quote

Please! They did then too. Kids doing stupid shit like that for a peers approval is, by far, nothing new.  Rolling someone's house may not do permanent damage, but it is damage nonetheless.  Every generation shakes their head at the generation after them and they say the same old garbage. "back in my day we didn't do that kind of crap".  My grandfather would say the same about the TP job you did and would say how disrespectful you were and how kids are just rotten today.  Back in the day you did that, that is.

I just think kids today need more people spending time with them, even if it's putting a foot against their ass every once in a while.  I only replied because I hoped that the gentleman that posted the pics was only angry when he said there would have been body bags.  I'm sure he was, but a few chopped up cacti doesn't merit pulling a gun on a bunch of high-strung teens.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:43:50 AM EDT
[#10]
It looks like they pruned them for you. Shit I did way more destruction than that when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 1:11:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks like the work of the Devil Dogs.

coyote3
View Quote

I thought they all went down when Sammy got busted. Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:07:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Where in Gilbert did this happen? Im on the east end of Gilbert. The punk Devil dog thing was a joke. This is just kids being stupid I suspect.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:25:15 AM EDT
[#13]
An upper class area to me is something similar to Tiger Wood's neighborhood. And how about his GF?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#14]
It happened 1/2 mile south-east of Warner and Greenfield.

The area is surrounded by custom homes up to  $1 mill and the city appreiser considers the area mid to upper class...at least  the property taxes are geared for that...
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 9:02:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Does your homeowners insurance cover vandalism?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Are you sure it was a bunch of teens and not a drunk gardner?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Upper class has enough assets to not work at a job. Middle class must work. That's how I distinguish between the two.

One could also say it's attached to your level of fixed overhead too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Upper class has enough assets to not work at a job.
View Quote

That's a pretty broad spectrum.

I can think of several retired folks who live on 50-60K per year.  Also, quite a few dipsticks who never hit a lick living on my tax dollars.

Eddie
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude! If South GA don't get some rain soon, my grass is going to look just like Kaoma's!
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Kaoma did they do any damage to houses or just gardens. I could see why your pissed it's like me taking a BB gun to scare the varmints from digging my lawn up. Those rats with bushy tales and I have ducks that do lots of damage. The squirrels run but the ducks you need to chase.

The one thing I am glad is that you didn't get them. Could you imagine what trouble you would be in shooting a kid. Unless they would have broke into your house. It is better to take a couple of deep breaths and replant. That is better than taking a life, which can't be replaced.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
ditto, I mean, your yard is a bunch of rocks! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
ditto, I mean, your yard is a bunch of rocks! [:D]
View Quote
Bet you go through a Hell of a lota mower blades.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#23]
You guys crack me up with your comments about my yard...
Only in Arizona 6 tons of rock make a nice front yard...
Let's see...
1-drought or rain it looks the same...
2-no mowing...
3-endless supply of cheap ammo...
4-a dead animal on it looks desert natural...
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Rudderless, bored teens getting their jollies destroying property.

Class has nothing to do with it. They ain't got any. Period.

Gangbangers in the making.

Nip it in the bud.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Grass has a hard time when it hits 120 degrees. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Oooppps! Wrong house.
Just Kidding Kaoma. I can't wait to tell my buddy that he lives in the upper class part of town. He has a 130K house in gilbert and scrapes by every month. I don't mean to bust your balls, I know every city in the PHX metro area has a high income zip code. Gilbert and Chandler(my home) are pretty similar with middle to upper class neighborhoods and their fair shair of slums. I shouldn't even be talking about income because I don't have one. I was layed of awhile back.

Two words for you Koama;

TRIP WIRE!  Line the entire yard with it. When they come running in the dark towards the cactus, they trip and land in the cactus.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:06:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
If the kids drive $20,000 and up cars (with dents and scratches all over) their Daddies bought them they are upper. If they drive anything older than 2 years old ( with dents and scratches all over)they are middle. If they ride a bus or steal everyone elses they are lower... (yes they will see to it that they get dents and scratches on them too)
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 4:37:13 AM EDT
[#28]
There is always green paint.  Didn't they use that in California about 15 years ago?
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:30:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Maybe it was your neighbor testing out his new set of GINSU knives.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top