Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/28/2005 7:35:13 AM EDT
Got a K31 from AIM yesterday (very pleased with quality) and was removing the cosmoline with brake parts cleaner. After dissassembling the bolt I shot a spray of it into where the firing pin mounts onto the rod and damn near all of it hit me in the left eye. I never realized how much that crap burns and learned my lesson. After 10 minutes of flushing I decided it'd be a good idea to wear my shooting glasses from now on when cleaning my guns.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:42:22 AM EDT
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience usually comes from bad judgment.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:43:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NimmerMehr:
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience usually comes from bad judgment.

Oh does this look like sig line material if ever I've seen it.

Yeah, brake cleaner hurts. Never got it in my eye or anything, but I did get it in an open wound once. That hurt quite a bit. MJD
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:48:36 AM EDT
Thats what you get for not posting pics of the gun.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:51:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By michaelj1978:
Got a K31 from AIM yesterday (very pleased with quality) and was removing the cosmoline with brake parts cleaner. After dissassembling the bolt I shot a spray of it into where the firing pin mounts onto the rod and damn near all of it hit me in the left eye. I never realized how much that crap burns and learned my lesson. After 10 minutes of flushing I decided it'd be a good idea to wear my shooting glasses from now on when cleaning my guns.

Been there, done that. Gun Scrubber feels like a blowtorch to your eye!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:55:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mjohn3006:
Thats what you get for not posting pics of the gun.

+1!

That'll learn ya!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:55:50 AM EDT
I'll put some up soon. I'm going to refinish it in the next month, so I'll do some before and after.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:03:11 AM EDT
Was working in a bar in college, and I dropped the bottle with pineapple juice. Because of the way the neck of the bottle was shaped, the juice managed to slosh out of the bottle in a jet that travelled about three feet--right into both eyes. I thought I had been pepper sprayed. Took about 20 minutes of washing out my eyes before I could see again.

I'm with you, glasses are the way to go when working with chemicals. They're the only eyes you'll ever have.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:29:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By limaxray:
Was working in a bar in college, and I dropped the bottle with pineapple juice. Because of the way the neck of the bottle was shaped, the juice managed to slosh out of the bottle in a jet that travelled about three feet--right into both eyes. I thought I had been pepper sprayed. Took about 20 minutes of washing out my eyes before I could see again.

I'm with you, glasses are the way to go when working with chemicals. They're the only eyes you'll ever have.

Had three cans of Guava juice blow open the other night at work. Think shaken-up-pop-can-with-small-hole. Very fine mist all over. Including in my eyes.

That shit BURNS. And it has something gritty in it (pulp or something) that feels like sandpaper on top of the burning.

And it smells bad too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:31:08 AM EDT
+1 But with hydralic fluid
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:33:31 AM EDT
Sounds pretty bad...anything that'll remove powder residue, brake dust, and/or leading isn't good for eyes.

Top Top