Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2002 3:10:33 AM EDT
My Wife is Canadian while spending time at her house while we dating I used to watch the Canadian History channel alot. I am amazed by the number of movies and shows the show regarding the Vietnam war. Were the Canadians involved and if so in what capacity. Also I have heard some where the the Australians were also. Can some one please shed a little light on this subject for me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:05:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Australia and S. Korea had combat troops there.  The Philippines and I think Thailand had troops in non-combat roles.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#2]
For Australia:

[url]http://users.mildura.net.au/users/marshall/[/url]

if you look closely at some of the pics you can make out FALs

For Canada:
10,000 canadians fought in the U.S. services during Viet Nam era.  Canadas main contribution was in supplies including ammunition, napalm, aircraft engines and explosives to the U.S. as well as direct aid to South Viet Nam
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Sixgun, do a search for SEATO, the South East Asian Treaty Organization, and all your questions shall be answered.[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top