Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2011 5:45:54 PM EDT

Osama bin Laden was a piece of work.  And he needed shooting.  But shooting him did not undo all the harm and wickedness that he committed during his wretched life.   And with Osama gone, someone else will replace him.  After all, whenever some organized crime boss gets whacked, someone soon takes over to replace him.

So Osama's death leaves me cold.  I'm pleased he's gone.  But that's it.  I'm also pleased that garbage pickup is tomorrow.

But what really pisses me off is Obama who can't stop telling us,  "I did this and I did that".  The useless cluck did nothing.  He did nothing but play golf.  He is the worst president ever and now he's takiing credit for Osama's death.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
If you watched your countrymen and women jump from a building rather than be burned alive in a jet-fuel fire maybe you would feel something.

9/11 lights a fire in the heart of Americans, and I guess it makes sense if you don't quite understand that.

Killing that fucker doesn't really change anything in the current war in Afghanistan, but it's a moral victory for all of us who spent a day fighting back tears watching our country men and women being burned alive or be crushed to death.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe OBL died years ago and for fear of sleeper agents, was kept on ice.  Zero man needed to have his ratings improved and some distraction from the birth certificate and the declining economy.  So he has OBL defrosted and shot.  Otherwise, why was the body dumped at sea?  They could have strapped him across the nose of a chopper and brought him back like the foul legged critter that he is.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The useless cluck did nothing.  He did nothing but play golf.  He is the worst president ever and now he's takiing credit for Osama's death.

Yeah I am with you.

I he had half the balls of Reagan he would have given credit ONLY to the men who pulled this off, including the interogators at GITMO, the CIA spooks who worked for years on this, the pilots, the shooters, and not his own smarmy self.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Really?  It's brightened up my whole week.  Someone asked me why I was in such a good mood and I flat out said "that POS is dead".  They laughed.

Maybe that bagged milk is affecting your emotional capacity somehow.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I believe OBL died years ago and for fear of sleeper agents, was kept on ice.  Zero man needed to have his ratings improved and some distraction from the birth certificate and the declining economy.  So he has OBL defrosted and shot.  Otherwise, why was the body dumped at sea?  They could have strapped him across the nose of a chopper and brought him back like the foul legged critter that he is.

Body double in Abbottebad, DNA pulled from already dead OBL body, and very few aware, not even the shooters? Not impossible.

But, Like JFK, we will never know.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And the the World Trade Center was brought down with explosives and the Pentagon was hit by a missile, and oh yeah Elvis lives.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the the World Trade Center was brought down with explosives and the Pentagon was hit by a missile, and oh yeah Elvis lives.

don't forget we didn't really land on the moon
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Well...I mean he did...he went to the meetings...he signed the orders.  He's the CiC...that's his job.  Wouldn't have matter who was in the White House at the time....he just happen to be there.  

Its not like he went out and got the intel himself and helped the SEALs brush up of their CQB while single handedly building the mock compound...

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#9]
take it easy on the Canadian. when your country does nothing special and note worthy, it's hard to have the same perspective as those that live in the greatest nation the world has ever known.

it's not his fault the greatest contribution Canada has given the world is maple syrup and logs.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
take it easy on the Canadian. when your country does nothing special and note worthy, it's hard to have the same perspective as those that live in the greatest nation the world has ever known.

it's not his fault the greatest contribution Canada has given the world is maple syrup and logs.

You are out of line

On 9/11, American planes landed here in Canada and we Canadians welcomed the passengers from those planes into our homes.  I was in Belleville, Ontario at the time and there's a nearby airbase where American planes were landing.  We spoke with many Americans and we all felt terrible.  We felt that our neighbors had been attacked.  And New York State was literally right across the border a few miles away.

Osama deserved to get shot, but that's only a start.  I will feel happy when all of Osama's crew are dead.

I'm just really angry with Obama.  He is such a puke running his mouth like a big shot.  He just makes me sick.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#12]
feels like an anti-climatic ending of a long drawn out chapter.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

If you watched your countrymen and women jump from a building rather than be burned alive in a jet-fuel fire maybe you would feel something.
9/11 lights a fire in the heart of Americans, and I guess it makes sense if you don't quite understand that.
Killing that fucker doesn't really change anything in the current war in Afghanistan, but it's a moral victory for all of us who spent a day fighting back tears watching our country men and women being burned alive or be crushed to death.

This. Being from NYC's bedroom, and having watched the towers burn from across the river wondering if any of my friends or family were ok, I'd have to say I'm glad he's dead.  I would rather have had him brought back alive, tried in front of a military tribunal, convicted, and sentenced to be raised by his toes over ground zero, and summarily lit on fire and cut loose. Left only to wonder if he will die from the flames or by smacking against the pavement.  But it isn't a perfect world and two to the skull is enough for me.

Rot in hell UB, and thanks to all the service men and women that made your death possible.

edit: stupid wysiwig editor

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:16:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't think I could have said it any better.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#17]

I'm with the OP on this one.  Yeah, I'm glad he's gone but I haven't felt any genuine emotion about the event one way or the other given the fact that the task ahead remains both daunting and lengthy.

That being said I wish I could've been in the primary shooter's shoes for just those few seconds when he double tapped that Satanic Swine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top